Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No, there is something we can do. We can ridicule and spit on their decisions so that they can regret it. Unfortunately, with the amount of idiots that will immediatly roll one up, this would be hard to do.
    This method works. Thanks to that we don't have to be see Pandas taking the spotlight after MoP with their fortune cookie nonsenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Lightforged Undead for the Alliance confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Anduin’s Girlfriend?

- - - Updated - - -

Eew, they don’t fit together at all. It’s twisted especially if it has no redemptive purpose
    I would not be opposed to that, to me Anduin's wife is a 3 way tie between Talia, Tess, and Valeera, the former 2 have been teased in the game and stories, also I really don't see him and Wrathion as more than friends, I'm not a fan of force LGBTQ+ relationships

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Why does Valeera have a new model though. What role could she play in the future?
    Valeera is Anduin's spy in the Horde as well the courier of information between Anduin and Baine, I assume that as the faction conflict approaches its climax she's going to have a part in the story-arc.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's just all the surrounding context that's changed to service Anduin, with Calia as a satellite character to render the Forsaken more suitable to the Unifaction.
    Yeah, like i said, i didn't like either, just find the similarity funny, don't knowif they did on purpose or was a coincidence.

But hey, if it was not Calia i can imagine Sylvanas doing the job, becoming a LF undead and sitting beside Goduin in the era of eternal peace

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I dunno its more like ability to predict future being mostly based on knowledge of past. So far blizzard menaged to make worst possible decision in almost every aspect of BFA story. I really don't see a reason to believe this won't continue.
    Isn't what we call Murphy's law?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Zekhan doesn't even have a special model, it's regular troll with few armor bits and flat texture slapped on. It's actually much lower quality than fan made model that has more 3D pieces (especially bones from belt piece) , more pleasant and cinematic loyal clours, face slightly altered to look younger than regular troll (with smaller nose) and ovall has hich quality :

But yes, Rokhan should've get better model sooner, especially when he is quite active and important NPC in this expansion.
    Maybe its my eyes, or my game, but it definitely look better and improved than the playable troll

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    I really don't see him and Wrathion as more than friends, I'm not a fan of force LGBTQ+ relationships
    why exactly is including 1 single gay relationship "forced" to you

Zekhan looks much better now that his model shows a mask (the one on MMO-C's front page didn't show it yesterday). And I want all of those sets as transmog. Especially the Wrathion one. Calia can GTFO though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really don't see why Calia means a race. Calia is a single instance of Lightforged Undead. We'd need for Calia to have a way to create many Lightforged Undead for it to be a race.
    The Naaru that raised her is still there and clearly has some scheme. Besides, Calia is to Lightforged undead abomination of a race what Alleria was to Void Elves. At start there was only Alleria. Then Blizzard pulled a bajillion Void Elves out of the Nether, even though they just made a big deal out of how Alleria is the first mortal ever to withstand the Void's corruption.

That would imply Sylvanas even breaches the God-King's capital rather than her forces spontaneously disemboweling themselves in penance for thinking about striking at Anduin.

As for Calia, the least damaging option is an Alliance holy undead allied race. I don't think that's in the books however. We'll have her as the Forsaken Forgiven leader whether we like it or not.
    Please, it's clear Sylvanas dies in the Durotar Warfront. Because that warfront isn't between the Horde and Alliance. It's Sylvanas attacking Orgrimmar after she fooled everyone into thinking she wants to attack Thunder Bluff (even though she made no indication of that ever being her goal either way, and Thrall pulled it out of his ass despite being completely out of the loop until five minutes prior to making that remark, but Blizzard won't pay any attention to that). And since she'll die in that warfront, Blizzard will be all like HuRr DuRr ToTalLy NoT mOp 2.O DeRp".

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Since Thrall is back, then the other Metzen's char might come back as well... Oh no, Lightbound Undead Varian Wrynn!
    How do you resurrect enchanting dust?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    not much of a relevance, but lots of characters start small, and they evolve, i don't see why this is different,

The horde need fresh blood, and the game too, we can't use war3 or vanila characters for ever
    How is Zekhan relevant to Horde's need for new blood when Zekhan already shat on the Horde and joined team traitorfang?

Now it's just plot magic that turns you from a terrible character to a terrible character who's also a holy MILF with no drawbacks. And this complete absence of drawbacks is the whole point because otherwise god forbid, but Calia might actually have something in common with the race she'll be leading in a patch or two.
    I wonder if she will have the same holy bones as Anduin. And yeah, her being a MILF is weird. She was in her forties before dying and spend some part of her life after the fall of Lordaeron in rather terrible conditions which aren't exactly lenient on one's skin health.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    How is Zekhan relevant to Horde's need for new blood when Zekhan already shat on the Horde and joined team traitorfang?
    dead humans and dead elves are not horde though, how can you betray something that is not legit?

We have no idea what the drawbacks are because we barely got to interact with Calia. Perhaps the drawback is you keep hearing the Light Overmind as a light and soothing chime advising you on what to do next.
    Which is only a repeat of Void instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why is it shit
    Light undead.

Light.
    Undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    You see, there's the problem. If you start disconnecting things like the Undead from its traditional semantic field, you will naturally erode away the meaning of these things and make them less interesting. Undeath (in all of its forms) used to be absolutely antithetical to the light because it's a curse and the light generally has positive, purifying effects on all things living. I mean, we can follow this road to the logical conclusion with light zombies, light curses etc. but all you'd end up with is a universe in which everything is the same with a different paint job. What's the point? Why is it so hard to stick to the existing rules that were laid out in the past instead of scrapping them for a cheap "epic moment"?
    Think about it. We know that Void and Light are fighting for dominance. We know that those cursed with undeath, because they are cut off from the Light, will end up in that empty, dark place of suffering, just like Sylvanas. Not because they did evil things, but because they were cursed. You have this people of free undead who, for the most part, did not choose their condition and are still bound to "Hell". Some of them are pretty decent people too. What an injustice! What a waste for the Light! With what we know about the Light, I think it is totally believable that they would try to tame undeath and death itself (just like they tamed some demons like Lothraxion). The "lightforged" undead would remain undead, but they would go in the "good" part of the underworld instead of the bad. At least those who are aligned to it. But there could be a price. So it would all be a question of faith. Do I believe the promises of the Naaru, knowing what happened with the Mag'har? Some evil Forsaken would simply reject it because they know they are not on a path to redemption anyway...

N'Zoth said: "Six seat at the high table, six mouths that hunger. One will consume all others." Some say that it is about the cosmic powers. The funny thing is that the Void has always been shown as the devouring power. But when you think about it, for the Void, the Light may be the devouring one, since both Light and Void are struggling for domination. Both only see half of the truth afterall. "The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all." Of course, for the Void, it is dire news. But is it? Calia may very well be part of the bargain. Of course, it is also possible that she will remain the only "lightforged" undead. We'll see...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

She's already a sockpuppet who only got involved with her people at all because a naaru told her it'd make her sleep better and this was treated as a positive. She's infallible, search her lines, you know it to be true:
    Dear god, those lines are terrible.

No mentality "gave" us void elves. Blizzard had already decided by the time we learned about them and we could either accept or reject them. Heck if anything, player whining stripped void elves of their best aspect (the fact that originally male void elves were fucking shredded and then became much softer to be more elven because idiots whined). If they have decided on a Lightforged Undead AR, there is nothing we can do about it story wise but we can perhaps influence the model. I agree that the current model is just boring and needs something.
    And that something is an Exterminatus, because the whole idea is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Fuck it, might as well bring on the Lightforged Undead. This train wreck isn't getting any better, might as well see how bad it can get.
    When the world is devoured by horseshit writing singularity we will have this post to blame. Then again it would save us from Blizzard's abominable storytelling...

Why does Valeera have a new model though. What role could she play in the future?
    Separation between the blelf because of lothremar

One of MTG's many planes, Ixalan, had vampires thematically based on Conquistadors and the Inquisition. They look fucking awesome. The moment we got Calia in BTS I thought Blizzard should use Saint Elenda as an inspiration on how she should look.
    And what on earth led you to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt here? Their previous multi-faceted Light champions like Anduin "I can do no wrong because my magical bones will warn me if I as much as look at a girl's tits without her consent" Wrynn?

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I wonder if Calia has any desire to raise new undead. The unsavory aspect of the Forsaken was that they created more of their kind instead of letting the curse die. It would fit her more to adopt 'ostracized' undead who didn't fit in with the Forsaken or working in Ebonhold.
    Please, she's Lightforged. There's no curse here, only peace and unity in Blanduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    and Valeera, YES, YES, ALL OF MY YES, seriously though she is looking beautiful, Hope we see her a lot more often, definitely one of my favorite characters, badass with some adorable traits
    I don't know, Valeera is one of those characters that make no sense at all.

First off, she is a Blood elf who takes pride in her heritage, but personally has no intentions of joining the faction the blood elves are aligned with.
    On top of that, her personal alignment lies with Varian / Anduin, both of them waged a war against the blood elves (or still are).

That obviously ignores the elephant in the room, her model.

I think it goes without saying that her model is a massive fanservice, while i don't have any gripes with that, i think at the very least that one should address this to some extent.
    She is a rogue who has an outfit that is anything but subtle, a blazing red outfit with a corsette and big spiky shoulders, Thrall standing in the middle of Stormwind while wearing the Doomhammer armor has better chances of blending in.

Even that wouldn't be an issue, Blood elves have a tendecy to be extravagant, rather wear something that attracts attention than being practical, but Valeera is most certainly not that type of blood elf.
    She is an orphan who survived as thief, then later ended up in some orcish gladiator arena fighting to the death, with that background you would expect that even a blood elf would rather go for practical stuff than outfits "that look good".

Like, WoW has a handful of "fanservice" models, but none of them really are relevant to the story.
    With Alexstrasza you could at least say that she's a freaking Dragon who can wear whatever she wants, she has not to worry about subtlety.

Valeera is just a massive fanservice character to me, which isn't wrong by itself, but then Blizzard also decided to give her some weird "i'm above the faction conflict despite the fact that my allegiances are on both sides of the fence", which also ends up being ignored other than she can talk to both sides without getting stabbed.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-08-02 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I am also unsure why there is this unspoken assumption that Calia = Lightforged Forsaken - I mean it's a possibility, but it does seem rather remote given what we know. Focus on a specific character isn't an automatic lead-in for an Allied Race, after all, as I'm sure Wrathion's new model doesn't portend playable Dragonkin and Valeera's new model isn't a sign of "Sanguinarian Elves" or some such. Calia might just be Calia, a unique manifestation of undeath not really to be repeated, not unlike Meryl Winterstorm was.
    Because while Blizzard went with allied races instead of just subraces, the allied races we got so far had all been subraces either way. And because of that people will complain too much if the trend doesn't continue until each basic race gets an allied race related to them. Ergo, there will be an undead allied race. And since Horde-side the most logical choice would be San'layn, yet the San'layn we got in BfA were quest fodder for the Alliance, it's going to be Alliance Lightforged horseshit. Then there's all the Old God foreshadowing about the Light making alliances, the Naaru that raised Calia having some plan it was releasing merely snippets of to Anduin, the incoming unification in Blanduin. So on and so forth.

I don't see how A necessarily proceeds to B here - is it possible your sense of fatalism and existential despair is perhaps clouding your judgment somewhat? BfA hasn't been great, but that doesn't preclude improvement.
    When it comes to predicting Blizzard's idiocy in BfA, fatalism has been pretty spot on so far.

BfA is bad - but I can think of far, far worse. I think you're underselling what the real nadir of WoW could look like, even in keeping within the bounds of what is possible.
    Here's the thing, you can think of far worse. Which isn't really relevant here, because inability to think is pretty much a requirement to get a writing gig at Blizzard. Sure, one could deliberately make a slightly worse story than BfA if one tried. But that requires a conscious decision. BfA is accidentally bad while Blizzard's writers delude themselves into thinking they are writing a magnum opus. That, by their own admission in one of the interviews, will put the playerbase in awe by the time it ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's a Blood Elf in service of Stormwind. After Eternal Palace, Lorthemar says that he will join Saurfang and co. Valeera will be the Alliance emissary in Silvermoon.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it definitely change, new model = hype

hype = loots of people exciting about it

The mob start to ask this to be a thing loudly, there is no resistance, it happens, people get disappointing/frustrated and when stop to think bout it... they didn't rly want that, but something else...

This happened with kultirans

- - - Updated - - -

not much of a relevance, but lots of characters start small, and they evolve, i don't see why this is different,

The horde need fresh blood, and the game too, we can't use war3 or vanila characters for ever
    I want lightforged undead for alliance personally as long as it’s something unique. If it’s just the human model but grayer it’ll be just as bad, disappointing and unpopular as Lightforged Draenei however if it’s a unique model that resembles a human in looks but is unique (like a combo of undead animations/human animations similar to how Zandalari is Night elf/blood elf/troll iirc) then I’d be satisfied with that.

However Kul’tirans are a different story. If you go back to the threads about them there’s a ton of people saying they don’t want them. The problem with KTs is how bad they look in gear (plate gear stretches) and how little customization they have. There’s no skinny option and the hairstyles/face/etc options are just really bland as there aren’t many to choose from. Customization for KTs is super lackluster and their model isn’t great either. I think more people probably asked for Vrykul as opposed to Kul’tirans honestly but I can’t back that up so who knows.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-08-02 at 05:05 PM.