Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Since Pre Raid bis start to drop in 40+ dungeons, simple solution is to go there with full guild groups, so you dont waste upgrades on pugs/strangers, then I bet the enchanter will roll out the shards in the end, I know I will in my guild runs

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Also, if I'm an enchanter I'm rolling need on everything that is passed by everyone else. It's my profession, they become my mats. If it makes people feel better I'll DE them after the run once I'm back in a city.
    This is what Greed rolls are for. You dont roll need for DE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hncramer View Post
    This. I plan on doing what I did throughout vanilla/BC/LK; rolling greed on everything I don’t need. I never had a lack of mats that I can recall.

That said...if I’m doing an ST pug at 60 (why would I torture myself this way?), I’d announce at the start, hey, I’m an enchanter, I’ll need on anything no one needs and we can roll for shards at the end. No sane person will argue with that.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    You can...anything boe. No1 should be worried about adlffecting the shard market lol

Ridiculous concern
    You did not play vanilla and do not understand the enchanting market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Personally, especially early, if im in charge of loot rules its gonna be need everything droppable, and only need on BoP stuff if you're gonna equip it on the spot, otherwise, greed to sell to vendor. Including profession recipes, all need.

I have no reason to trust random people, so I wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Haewyn View Post
    Back in Vanilla if we had an enchanter in the group (5man) and the boss dropped an item no one needed, everyone would pass, the enchanter would loot and DE then we would all roll on the shard.

Do you think this will still happen? or will everyone just be need rolling to vendor for gold? Would like to know whether they did it on servers that shouldn't be named?
    This only happened probably about ~40% of the time. Most of the time, enchanters wouldn't say anything, grab what they wanted and sharded at the end so they didn't have to deal with it. Then you have some people who would say roll at the end and then just leave. Out of the ~60% of the time we had an enchanter who sharded I think we only really received them about ~25% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Personally, especially early, if im in charge of loot rules its gonna be need everything droppable, and only need on BoP stuff if you're gonna equip it on the spot, otherwise, greed to sell to vendor. Including profession recipes, all need.

I have no reason to trust random people, so I wont.
    I think you’re confusing some terms here. I have no idea what you mean with “dropable”.

There’s BoE and BoP. I’d say need on BoP if you need, need on BoE if you need, but equip immediately.

All the rest greed.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I’d announce at the start, hey, I’m an enchanter, I’ll need on anything no one needs and we can roll for shards at the end. No sane person will argue with that.
    Actually any sane person wouldn't. After experiences in Classic what I started doing was say do it after each boss because especially after first tier people just started up and leaving until it got to the point you didn't even bother with shards anymore. Just said need/greed if you need and that's it. Then again you had people who would need their armor type and equip something terrible and then shard it later, but still one less hassle of feeling cheated.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2019-08-02 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You did not play vanilla and do not understand the enchanting market.
    I've obviously played a lot more than you if u think dungeon deing is where these shards come from. Aoe farming high level mobs is where they will come from

Your experience 15 years ago doesn't matter

There is nothing I n dungeons u can't find in high level mobs out in the world from a de perspective. Only raids have the unique de mats
    Last edited by Mukind; 2019-08-02 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hncramer View Post
    Oh baby I roll Need for DE.

Much better chance of taking the items and therefore gold for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

I've obviously played a lot more than you if u think dungeon deing is where these shards come from. Aoe farming high level mobs is where they will come from

Your experience 15 years ago doesn't matter

There is nothing I n dungeons u can't find in high level mobs out in the world from a de perspective. Only raids have the unique de mats
    It's vastly easier to get large brilliants from dungeons than from anywhere in the open world.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    Are you going to ask miners, herbalists, and skinners to roll on their materials as well?
    Normally if you have more than one miner/herbalist/skinner in the group they share. The difference is that enchanter don't automatically get items nobody wants. The deal that is normally made at the start of the group is that the enchanters DEs items nobody wants and then the shard is rolled for. If the Enchanter wants to be greedy then he can roll for the unwanted items with everyone else.

Oh baby I roll Need for DE.

Much better chance of taking the items and therefore gold for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

It's vastly easier to get large brilliants from dungeons than from anywhere in the open world.
    No it's not cuz it requires five dudes not one mage lol

Stop u have no idea what ur talking about

There will be legions of mages flooding the market on these layers.

Just greed and vendor in a pug

Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldbjorn View Post
    Normally if you have more than one miner/herbalist/skinner in the group they share. The difference is that enchanter don't automatically get items nobody wants. The deal that is normally made at the start of the group is that the enchanters DEs items nobody wants and then the shard is rolled for. If the Enchanter wants to be greedy then he can roll for the unwanted items with everyone else.
    I rolled greed because I didn't think I was necessarily entitled to every piece of gear that dropped that nobody needed but I also didn't feel that strangers necessarily deserved to profit from the fact that I was an enchanter (these strangers often would then charge exorbitant prices on the AH for these enchanting mats they did nothing to earn thus not only profiteering from me being an enchanter but not having the decency to tip for the service provided at the same time).

I'm not sure why enchanters, of all the professions, got singled out the way they did when Blizzard changed the system to what it is today in Retail. I do know it caused a lot of arguments. There's an entitlement argument either way to be honest. But the miners and herbalists never shared the mats they got in dungeon runs and you often had to slow down the run for them because to get all the mats from one ore, for example, in Vanilla took multiple mining casts ( you didn't have to stop for enchanters).

In my guild dungeon runs I was fed the loot nobody wanted but in return did a lot of very cheap or free enchants (depending on whether or not they had all the mats). But there was a quid pro quo there. I was given something and in return provided a service at a huge discount and/or free.

Strangers in a pug demanding you provide a service for free and for their profit during or at the end of a dungeon, and disenchanting is a service, especially when they could go to their guild enchanter later always struck me as pretty ungrateful and entitled.

As an enchanter, I would greed everything I didn't need so I could DE.

I also didn't DE for groups though. Too much hassle and chance for grief. I only ever did that in a guild group.

Less mats out there made selling mine more lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    As an enchanter, I would greed everything I didn't need so I could DE.

I also didn't DE for groups though. Too much hassle and chance for grief. I only ever did that in a guild group.

Less mats out there made selling mine more lucrative.
    Exactly this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not cuz it requires five dudes not one mage lol

Stop u have no idea what ur talking about

There will be legions of mages flooding the market on these layers.

Just greed and vendor in a pug
    Lol k. "Legions of mages" AoE farming max level zones and getting thousands of blue world drops.

We'll see if there are even "legions" of mages at 60 by the time layering is turned off.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Did you read the post?

On topic: considering the disenchanted material will likely be worth much more than vendor prices, I imagine it will happen.
    Not if I'm the enchanter. Miners and Skinner's don't share, why should I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Actually any sane person wouldn't. After experiences in Classic what I started doing was say do it after each boss because especially after first tier people just started up and leaving until it got to the point you didn't even bother with shards anymore. Just said need/greed if you need and that's it. Then again you had people who would need their armor type and equip something terrible and then shard it later, but still one less hassle of feeling cheated.
    I suppose rolling greed on the 20% chance you’ll get the item so you can vendor it is less of a gamble than trusting the enchanter, but how many enchanters per server will it take before they’re blackballed for being loot ninjas? Some of the people you play with are honest and will do what they say they will do. Isn’t it worth a little faith as opposed to the 30-40 silver you get for vendoring?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I suppose rolling greed on the 20% chance you’ll get the item so you can vendor it is less of a gamble than trusting the enchanter, but how many enchanters per server will it take before they’re blackballed for being loot ninjas? Some of the people you play with are honest and will do what they say they will do. Isn’t it worth a little faith as opposed to the 30-40 silver you get for vendoring?
    In Classic out of the 2 servers I played, the problem was more near every time to where you just didn't even hassle with it. Have faith someone will do the right then when they can shard it, keep it for themselves and make a hefty profit (yes, it's weird saying 5-10g is a hefty profit). I'd just rather people roll on it rather than worry about an enchanter disenchanting things and if they'll remember at the end of the run, forgot or just ninja hearth.

Yes, you eventually know who to avoid, but then you have alts and more people doing it later on. As Classic runs longer and longer you'll have more people doing it.

Lol k. "Legions of mages" AoE farming max level zones and getting thousands of blue world drops.

We'll see if there are even "legions" of mages at 60 by the time layering is turned off.
    It's not as uncommon as you may think. In classic there were tons of mages just aoe farming high level mobs for the gear and stuff to sell. It was pretty well known that if you wanted to mass farm mages were better in that department if you could get use to the control frost mages have.

I did stuff like this when I was in groups with people I knew on the regular or if someone offered to do so and was honorable on the first roll continued with it..

But my memory tells me in most pure pug situations it was usually just roll greed on BOPs and need if need and everyone rolls need on BOEs and discussions would take place if it was really needed or not sometimes and traded or small sums of g exchanged for item.