https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/02/trum...nce-chief.html

And Ratcliffe's nomination for DNI is done.

Guess his audition during the Mueller hearing wasn't good enough to make up for a complete and total lack of credentials for the job.

Our great Republican Congressman John Ratcliffe is being treated very unfairly by the LameStream Media. Rather than going through months of slander and libel, I explained to John how miserable it would be for him and his family to deal with these people....
    Trump tweet.

Translation: I once again nominated an unqualified, never vetted person who's only qualification was him being a sycophant.

- - - Updated - - -

I love this tweet by Ana Navarro.

If you are a person of color who wants to be treated like a valued American by Trump, have Kim Kardashian call on your behalf.

Once again, the guy who tries to vilify celebrities, immediately jumped to help someone when a Kardashian asks. Second, he really think he is reaching out to the African American community by trying to get this case dismissed.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Trump tweet.
    I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money
    -- Trump campaign promise

Trump said he would expand the existing slander and libel laws, with the intent to let people sue even for material that was true.

Today, that tweet, Trump has not only confirmed he either would not or could not do this, but also, admitted that people on his team would rather just resign rather than face slander or libel which are illegal.

He probably would have been confirmed, too. But now, "I don't exist" returns yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Trump tweet.

Translation: I once again nominated an unqualified, never vetted person who's only qualification was him being a sycophant.
    I absolutely love that even the excuse makes him sound like a cowardly slimeball. Seriously, he doesn't want the job because people will say mean things about him? I mean with that lack of backbone, why does he deserve a place anywhere in government?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The timing is suspicious. To hear Trump tell it, Cummings has lived in a rat-infested shithole since at least 1996. Trump makes a comment and he's robbed within the week.

Someone heard the dog whistle.
    Just before this snowballs into "Fake News" that the Trump-humpers will jump on: He was robbed last weekend BEFORE Trump started publicly calling Baltimore a shithole, so it's unlikely to be related.

The Republican Party has turned into a physical manifestation of the Human Centipede movie. Trump has his mouth attached to either Kim's or Putin's ass and the line continues with McConnell and Graham attached to Trump's ass and then the Republican voters who don't seem to care the shit that is being passed down to them bringing up the "rear".

Oh, and Trump continues to tank the stock market and increase the prices with his tariffs of a lot of everyday items that middle class Americans will be purchasing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/02/trum...nce-chief.html

Guess his audition during the Mueller hearing wasn't good enough to make up for a complete and total lack of credentials for the job.
    Haha, it's almost as if he was entirely unqualified for the job.

Git fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Has Trump made the ridiculous promise that he's going to cure childhood cancer and AIDS "very shortly" before? I feel like I've heard this before.
    Well Obama also claimed he was going to cure cancer... well, he claimed Joe Biden was going to cure cancer. That was also a facepalm moment. I don't know why presidents keep promising medical breakthroughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Well Obama also claimed he was going to cure cancer... well, he claimed Joe Biden was going to cure cancer. That was also a facepalm moment. I don't know why presidents keep promising medical breakthroughs.
    The difference is that Obama signed a $6.3 billion funding bill for cancer research, while Trump's 2020 budget proposal slashed nearly a billion dollars from the National Cancer Institute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    The difference is that Obama signed a $6.3 billion funding bill for cancer research, while Trump's 2020 budget proposal slashed nearly a billion dollars from the National Cancer Institute.
    Yep, well that seems about par for the course. Not saying the two were equal, just saying it is dumb to promise a scientific breakthrough that nobody actually knows how to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Yep, well that seems about par for the course. Not saying the two were equal, just saying it is dumb to promise a scientific breakthrough that nobody actually knows how to do.
    Oh, no doubt - much better to promise that you'll work on it than to make promises you have no control over keeping. But if you're going to make impossible promises, you should at least be doing SOMETHING to try and back them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Trump made the ridiculous promise that he's going to cure childhood cancer and AIDS "very shortly" before? I feel like I've heard this before.
    Still love the lack of consistency. When Joe Biden declared we'd cure cancer if he won, the anti-American right mocked him. When Trump declared the same thing, they were slobbering over him over what a 'visionary' he was.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Trump made the ridiculous promise that he's going to cure childhood cancer and AIDS "very shortly" before?
    Yes. Trump claimed that noise causes cancer.

Dammit! That's the wrong one! This is the correct one, where Trump told a campaign rally he would cure cancer and AIDS (despite cutting their budget) and go to Mars, but only he could do it, and only if he's re-elected.

Also, doing a search for "mmo-champion" "trump" and "cancer" gives a far wider span of results than you might guess at first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Still love the lack of consistency. When Joe Biden declared we'd cure cancer if he won, the anti-American right mocked him. When Trump declared the same thing, they were slobbering over him over what a 'visionary' he was.
    Just to make this point more clear: this is a Washington Examiner article attacking Biden's promise to cure cancer. You will notice the date: June 17.

Trump promised to cure cancer, and AIDS, and get to Mars, June 19th. He was met with applause.
    @Zaydin is 100% correct in pointing out the hypocrisy of Trump's rabid fanbase.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1157386310941839360

"I give out a name to the press, and they vet for me... we save a lot of money that way."
    Giving up the game yet again, Trump just flat out says that he lets the press vett his nominees for him rather than doing internal vetting.

Because why would you ever want to make sure the nominees to key positions, you know, have some experience for the role they'll be performing? Or make sure that they don't beat their spouse?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ration-1630406

Stephen Miller is pushing to further limit legal green card immigration to the US, specifically if they get any benefits from the government.

Remember when Republicans said they had no issues with immigrants as long as they come legally? Those were fun times.

I still don't get why this required any attention. I mean I get why Trump was doing it to score points, but why does anyone else care?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I still don't get why this required any attention. I mean I get why Trump was doing it to score points, but why does anyone else care?
    More to the point

He may have been released but the verdict has not been passed (that is the 14th if i read it right)

Well do you want your daily bullshit and lies from Trump?

All tweets/links have video.

Trump admits media vets for him: "When I give a name, I give it out to the press, & you vet for me...the vetting process for the WH is very good... we save a lot of money that way. But in the case of [Ratcliffe], I really believe he was being treated very harshly & very unfairly" https://t.co/wsouuLgzgd
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...775239680?s=19

What a moron. So this is when an idiot makes stupid claims, yet he thinks he is a genius.

So you throw out an unqualified candidate, remember he does done this numerous times, so he can be embarrassed by the press vetting for him.

In any form of life you would be removed or never taken serious again.

Trump on tweet that many read as celebrating an attempted burglary at Elijah Cummings's house: "The tweet itself was just really a repeat of what I heard over the news. I know his house was robbed, and I thought that was too bad. That was really not meant as a wise guy tweet." https://t.co/vPIZWs0Tc4
    Huh? So Trump tweets out random burglaries? Cmon.

Trump on Afghanistan: "We could win Afghanistan in two days or three days or four days if we wanted. But I'm not looking to kill 10 million people ... I'm not talking nuclear, by the way. I'm talking totally conventional." https://t.co/0VAYu1TTWf

Idiot doubles down again on wanting to commit genocide. First the leaders of Afghanistan were upset by this comment. Second, believing a conventional war can kill 10 million would be total war and did I mention genocide.

REPORTER: I spoke to a farmer who said tariffs are having a negative impact.

TRUMP: "Well you interviewed the wrong farmer." https://t.co/0DYjZQTWqx
    Haha. As much as he lies/cons with 'I heard' or 'Someone told me' dismisses this.

Yes you can argue its anecdotal or one farmer's opinion, even though we have facts showing tariffs are hurting farmers, him still dismissing to me is a slap in the face to farmers.

Wow. Fox News's Neil Cavuto fact-checks Trump's lies about tariffs immediately after Trump's Q&A ends.

"I don't know where to begin here, but just to be clarifying, China isn't paying these tariffs. You are ... governments don't pay these things -- you do. One way or another." https://t.co/QsF71d3TQc
    Shocked!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Wow. Fox News's Neil Cavuto fact-checks Trump's lies about tariffs immediately after Trump's Q&A ends.

"I don't know where to begin here, but just to be clarifying, China isn't paying these tariffs. You are ... governments don't pay these things -- you do. One way or another." https://t.co/QsF71d3TQc

Shocked!
    Yeah, Neil Cavuto and auditioning as Trumps bestest butt boy Lou Dobbs got into a argument about tariffs and how they hurt us more than they hurt China.

Well do you want your daily bullshit and lies from Trump?

All tweets/links have video.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...775239680?s=19

What a moron. So this is when an idiot makes stupid claims, yet he thinks he is a genius.

So you throw out an unqualified candidate, remember he does done this numerous times, so he can be embarrassed by the press vetting for him.

In any form of life you would be removed or never taken serious again.
    I hate the fake media........hey fake media can you vet the people I need for high level jobs?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I hate the fake media........hey fake media can you vet the people I need for high level jobs?
    I legit want to know why a journalist didn't ask him why he trusts the dishonest, lying, "FAKE NEWS", "enemy of the people" media to vett his candidates, but not report on his administration.