Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Did you mean Nefarian? Because Deathwing's human model sure as hell didn't come off as anything near flamboyant. lol He looked like a dragon/human mutant and it ruled. Nefarian's looked like a plain human. They put the most work into Wrathion's.
    I got those two mixed up, again lol. Their names aren’t really similar but I always do that. Regarding Nefarian, his human model doesn’t really look effeminate/flamboyant to me either. But to each their own!
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Dragons are weird. Deathwing was a pasty white guy and his "son" is an arab prince.

Also, Anduin now has a husband.
    Deathwing wasn't exactly healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I got those two mixed up, again lol. Their names aren’t really similar but I always do that. Regarding Nefarian, his human model doesn’t really look effeminate/flamboyant to me either. But to each their own!
    It's also a ton older and just a dressed up regular human model. Not exactly a good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    But I agree with him. He has a point. The reason why Wrathion happened in the WoW was for saving the Azeroth from the Legion. Everything pointed that out since he was introduced in the game.

Maybe it's just time for him to save it from the Old Gods/Void Lords?... But still, plenty of potential wasted.
    And it's not just that he was all about saving Azeroth from the Legion. There's also the whole part where his last attempt at preparing Azeroth for that invasion, i.e. the Iron Horde he had a hand in making actually resulted in Legion's arrival. A classical case of someone trying to prevent a thing from happening (with "the end justifies the means" mentality no less) only to accidentally help cause it.

So not only was his absence in Legion weird in the context of that being his entire MO, but there's also the whole arc Wrathion trying to redeem himself from the part he played in bringing the Legion here that Blizzard handed to itself on a silver platter only to throw that platter into a dumpster fire. Hell, given that part of his story he'd be a good candidate for a character sacrificing themselves to secure an important victory against the Legion and make the stakes higher (because after Broken Shore the Legion instantly turned pitiful and we kicked their ass on every occasion).

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Maybe a time to take a small break from the game and play something else?
    Already on a break. But even if I weren't, I don't play this game for its story, because the story has been garbage one way or another since Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It looks like he's wearing lipstick. He's always come off as an effeminate character, or highly metro, so it works. I mean, it is a dragon that takes the form of a man and he's like 7 years old, so he shouldn't look exactly like a human man by Azerothian standards, but more like a caricature of what he thinks human men look like. If graphics looked this good back then, Nefarian's human form would have likely been as eccentric looking.
    To me it looks like he was stung by a bee or had some kind of allergic reaction to something he ate a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Blizzard also stated long ago that sexuality other than male/female doesn't exist in the WoW universe. There are no gay, bi or lesbian characters and they don't define sexuality in that way. Since it's fantasy they can do that. Everything doesn't have to relate back to the real world.
    I've never heard of that either, as mentioned above. You really need a source for such an obscure statement.

Furthermore, if such a claim has been made, it could easily have been retconed by now, or in the future. It's not the first time that would've happened, you know?

Haha! It has started again

Watch out Taelia, you got some fierce competition lol

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard trying to increase their female fan base again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    8.3 Dragon Isles I'm thinking.
    That would be 9.0 I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Rare footage of Wrathion trying to talk with Naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

Rare footage of Wrathion trying to talk with Naga.
    Oded Fehr is Isralei btw, not Arabic. Also plays Ziva David's love interest in NCIS. He is super hot and I can very well see Blizzard using him as reference for Wrathion model.

However, isnt Wrathion supposed to be like 5? That's a very adult looking 5 with beard and all. More looks like 18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Oded Fehr is Isralei btw, not Arabic. Also plays Ziva David's love interest in NCIS. He is super hot and I can very well see Blizzard using him as reference for Wrathion model.

However, isnt Wrathion supposed to be like 5? That's a very adult looking 5 with beard and all. More looks like 18.
    He's a dragon, to be fair, they most likely age differently than human. Mentally he was already mature enough at age 2-3 to have a network of agents, long-term goals and the ability to manipulate both factions, and now at 6-7 he's physically mature as well. There's no reason to think he's unable to commit to a relationship.

Not that I think it will actually happen, romance is a rarity in Warcraft and sex more or less nonexistent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    5 in dragon years.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account

Blizz@ardo placed new head on Blood Elf Male, everybody "WOW SO HOT WOW COOL new model" pff lol.
    Atleast Deathwing was worthy of unique model in blizz eyes.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-02 at 08:42 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snicket Lad View Post
    Did Blizzard really say that? You got a source? Not saying they didn't, but there were a couple of hints of same sex NPC couples so it seems weird they'd say that.
    Yup, Rob Pardo briefly covered the issue back in 2014. https://www.media.mit.edu/videos/con...ns-2014-05-07/
    Pretty biased article with quotes from the conference as well. https://www.polygon.com/2014/5/22/57...zzard-nintendo

Obviously trying to attack Blizzard for refusing to define real world situations inside a Fantasy universe. Pardo is obviously gone from Blizzard now and Overwatch has been dangling in the LGBT issues but Warcraft has pretty much stayed clear of it. It probably has a lot to do with the T for teen rating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I’ve never heard anything like that either.
    I don’t think they’ve commented on sexuality in any form at all in Warcraft.
    Just google "Rob Pardo sexuality in Warcraft" and you'll find a ton of locked threads here and articles in various news agencies.

I will add that what players perceive to be in the video game is perfectly fine. That's the entire point of a "fantasy" game. We get to imagine and feel characters however we interpret them. Blizzard may not define things but it doesn't mean we can't use our imagination.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2019-08-02 at 08:59 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Yup, Rob Pardo briefly covered the issue back in 2014. https://www.media.mit.edu/videos/con...ns-2014-05-07/
    Pretty biased article with quotes from the conference as well. https://www.polygon.com/2014/5/22/57...zzard-nintendo

Obviously trying to attack Blizzard for refusing to define real world situations inside a Fantasy universe. Pardo is obviously gone from Blizzard now and Overwatch has been dangling in the LGBT issues but Warcraft has pretty much stayed clear of it. It probably has a lot to do with the T for teen rating.

- - - Updated - - -

Just google "Rob Pardo sexuality in Warcraft" and you'll find a ton of locked threads here and articles in various news agencies.
    Well too bad, at least in legion we had clearly defined lesbian pairing.

Anduin x Wrathion is a cool ship but I don't want it to actually happen. Blizzard would just butcher these characters because they aren't clever writers and wouldn't understand the complexity and nuances of writing a gay relationship.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Blizz@ardo placed new head on Blood Elf Male, everybody "WOW SO HOT WOW COOL new model" pff lol.
    Atleast Deathwing was worthy of unique model in blizz eyes.
    It's literally just as unique as deathwing's human and dragon models. They were both remodels and retextures using an existing frame. For Deathwing it was human, for Wrathion it's a blood elf.

I don't think anyone's actually saying it's a brand new character model with unique animations, or at least not anyone with eyes. He's clearly using blood elf animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    He appears to be using the male blood elf model - so that's still way more buff than most real life men
    Yeah but his version looks like it has smaller arms if you view it in 3D. Or at least it gives an illusion of thinner frame because of his baggy clothes.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-08-03 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Anduin x Wrathion is a cool ship but I don't want it to actually happen. Blizzard would just butcher these characters because they aren't clever writers and wouldn't understand the complexity and nuances of writing a gay relationship.
    Yeah, I am afraid so. WoW just isn't that good at relationships overall. A different medium would do it justice I would think.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's pretty damn hot. Anduin finally has a mate worthy of getting hitched to! Also, would be nice if they gave that facial hair to human males. Looks pretty bad ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brace yourself...

AnduinXWrathion FanFics are coming