Poll: Azshara and Naga vs. Arthas and the Scourge

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Ahahaphaphahpahphhaph, yes, a typical argument of a typical KL's fanboy. Even twitter from the developers themselves is not proof, because Arthas is the coolest and strongest character in Warcraft!!!
    Grow up

- - - Updated - - -

Again, this stupid nonsense ... In the Chronicles it is directly written that the Lich King released all his power (or all his anger, I don’t remember exactly). He did not hold back. He fought in full force from the beginning to the end.
    Yep since when those guys know their own shit? There are facts and feats. They never care about that. And I explained why this twit is a pure non sense. They just say the thing they think is cool when they want, depending of their mood.
    Lei shen and azshara can be killed by a dagger in the back. Saying on a 1v1 one will lose with certitude is pointless.
    Still lei shen is a trained fighter with a lot of battles behind him, while azshara is not. Both the lich king and lei shen have a great avantage against her. Against each others not really.

And for the second part of your comment the Lich king OS all the "greatest champions of azeroth" when he had enought of the fight and was assured they were worthy to serve him.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2019-08-02 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Yep since when those guys know their own shit? There are facts and feats. They never care about that. And I explained why this twit is a pure non sense. They just say the thing they think is cool when they want, depending of their mood.
    Lei shen and azshara can be killed by a dagger in the back. Saying on a 1v1 one will lose with certitude is pointless.
    Still lei shen is a trained fighter with a lot of battles behind him, while azshara is not. Both the lich king and lei shen have a great avantage against her. Against each others not really.

And for the second part of your comment the Lich king OS all the "greatest champions of azeroth" when he had enought of the fight and was assured they were worthy to serve him.
    It doesn't make sense because you're a fanboy and think your favorite character is the strongest. The word of blizzard- canon.

It doesn't make sense because you're a fanboy and think your favorite character is the strongest. The word of blizzard- canon.
    No I think they are on par. And azshara is below in term of fighting.
    If an orc can kill manoroth, someone who say that lei shen would defeat the lich king is completely dumb.
    And his point of view about the armies is completely retarded.
    Making that tweet a joke.

Yes
    Not even the magic bone of Galacrond was able to break through Arthas's armor. So what problems can arise for the most powerful mage on Azeroth?
    He did not kill us in one blow. Stop using the raid encounter as a proof. The chronicles clearly state that it was a long battle, but in the end the Lich King won. Not a word about killing in one hit.
    LOL what? One single spell at DK makes Arthas fanboys think mages cannot defeat him... What a stupidity ...

- - - Updated - - -

And Azshara also kills the player instantly if rude to her. In Cataclysm, the heroes could not even hit Azshara because of her shield.
    You also forget that the heroes in Bfa are much stronger than the heroes in Wotlk. If the heroes of the times of Wotlk faced Azshara, she would have destroyed them in a few seconds. In the Chronicles it was written that when the heroes met Kael'thas a second time they were stronger than during the first meeting. Heroes get stronger with every patch.
    All of that is speculation . Arthas actually killed us while fish lady didn't , the rest is fanfiction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Reel it in and remember to stay civil. Insulting devs and calling 'fanboy' isn't discussion.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Aszhara is smarter isnt she?

Been alive for millions of years and Arthas has been alive for like 35 years or something.

Soo..

I think I remember you... aren't you the guy that insisted for tens of pages that Lich King was the weakest boss of WotLK some time ago?

You clearly don't understand what you are quoting. For all we know, Lei Shen could be so powerful he could one punch Deathwing. He never faced any opposition during his reign, and as for the fight against players... gameplay above lore, using your own arguments. Also, while not shown in-game, we can see on illustration in Chronicle that he can clearly massively grow in size, like Archimonde.

Regardless, Lei Shen is completely irrelevant to this discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I think I remember you... aren't you the guy that insisted for tens of pages that Lich King was the weakest boss of WotLK some time ago?

You clearly don't understand what you are quoting. For all we know, Lei Shen could be so powerful he could one punch Deathwing. He never faced any opposition during his reign, and as for the fight against players... gameplay above lore, using your own arguments. Also, while not shown in-game, we can see on illustration in Chronicle that he can clearly massively grow in size, like Archimonde.
    What...What nonsense are you talking about? Lei Shen can defeat Deathwing? My arguments are based on gameplay, not lore? What? I constantly quote Chronicles, and in return I get:
    The Lich King has an anti-magic shell! 11 TThe Lich King killed us with one hit and spit what is written in the Chronicles, the game was just like that, and i don't care what it was 10 years ago!!1 I know the lore better than Blizzard and therefore I decide that their words are the non-canon and the Lich King is the strongest!1!

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, this stupid nonsense ... In the Chronicles it is directly written that the Lich King released all his power (or all his anger, I don’t remember exactly). He did not hold back. He fought in full force from the beginning to the end.
    did u forget he won? he is only fight i know in entire wow history where the villain actually killed us, if not for Ashbringer, Azeroth would been a zombie heaven now
    So using us vs Lich King to prove he was 'weak' doesn't work, he won, I was told Argus also is 2nd to do so but I (sadly) left wow prior to Argus fight so i never experienced it myself

Arthas overcome every obstacle, and we saw that ourselves, official lore answer he would lose to Lei Shen 1v1, but against Azshara, doubt
    There is reason why mages are never on front line, they can't duel, a warrior charge or lucky arrow will end the far stronger mage because mage is glass cannon, just spells from afar and can't really take dmg
    Azshara was never known for her duel capabilities nor her weapon/fighting skill, but one of strongest mages, still a mage, and a typical mage vs frontliner (warrior or dk or paladin or whatever) fight doesn't end in mage favor, mages were never known to take hits well unlike warrior or DK specially in magic, and Arthas is strongest DK, he is perfect anti-mage
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    did u forget he won? he is only fight i know in entire wow history where the villain actually killed us, if not for Ashbringer, Azeroth would been a zombie heaven now
    So using us vs Lich King to prove he was 'weak' doesn't work, he won, I was told Argus also is 2nd to do so but I (sadly) left wow prior to Argus fight so i never experienced it myself

Arthas overcome every obstacle, and we saw that ourselves, official lore answer he would lose to Lei Shen 1v1, but against Azshara, doubt
    There is reason why mages are never on front line, they can't duel, a warrior charge or lucky arrow will end the far stronger mage because mage is glass cannon, just spells from afar and can't really take dmg
    Azshara was never known for her duel capabilities nor her weapon/fighting skill, but one of strongest mages, still a mage, and a typical mage vs frontliner (warrior or dk or paladin or whatever) fight doesn't end in mage favor, mages were never known to take hits well unlike warrior or DK specially in magic, and Arthas is strongest DK, he is perfect anti-mage
    Illidan (weakened and almost dead, as was said in the book about him) also defeated the heroes, he stunned them and prepared to kill them and only Maiev intervened to save them.
    LOL what? Can't duel? Therefore, the developers themselves said that if Lor'Themar attacked Jaina on the Isle of Thunder he will lose? There will be no physical battle. Azshara will simply destroy Arthas. Most likely, his toothpick will blow up like the Pillar of Creation

10+ Year Old Account
    The most powerful Sorceress who ever lived, who has the strength to rival an Old God, versus a zombie with a magic sword who makes more zombies.

If we're talking armies alone, the Scourge might have an edge. But if Azshara and the Lich King took the field, Azshara could wipe the floor with Arthas in two seconds.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafting View Post
    The most powerful Sorceress who ever lived, who has the strength to rival an Old God,
    what? rival an Old God?

Lich king , necromancer knight vs fishy mage
    Last edited by valax; 2019-08-03 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan (weakened and almost dead, as was said in the book about him) also defeated the heroes, he stunned them and prepared to kill them and only Maiev intervened to save them.
    LOL what? Can't duel? Therefore, the developers themselves said that if Lor'Themar attacked Jaina on the Isle of Thunder he will lose? There will be no physical battle. Azshara will simply destroy Arthas. Most likely, his toothpick will blow up like the Pillar of Creation
    Stun but not kill != to actually kill, if we will count stuns, then the list will be massive, and include even gunship since mages from there can freeze u if u forgot
    Arthas successfully killed us, no one else (maybe Argus? i'll ignore him since i don't know) did it
    Lor'themar is a hunter, also ranged, and also not a frontliner, if u want to count an actual mage vs dk fight u have Anasterian vs Arthas who for some stupid reason rushed to duel Arthas and no surprise really died, and Anasterian is old enough to have experience that rival Azshara, and unlike her who spent 10k years doing nothing sleeping, he actually fought in multiple wars
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Stun but not kill != to actually kill, if we will count stuns, then the list will be massive, and include even gunship since mages from there can freeze u if u forgot
    Arthas successfully killed us, no one else (maybe Argus? i'll ignore him since i don't know) did it
    Lor'themar is a hunter, also ranged, and also not a frontliner, if u want to count an actual mage vs dk fight u have Anasterian vs Arthas who for some stupid reason rushed to duel Arthas and no surprise really died, and Anasterian is old enough to have experience that rival Azshara, and unlike her who spent 10k years doing nothing sleeping, he actually fought in multiple wars
    Have you read my message? He stunned and was about to kill, this stun had no time for action, the only thing that saved the heroes was the appearance of Maiev
    I never understood this stupid argument about the only one who killed us. There is a dungeon, the very first boss of which lowers the heroes' HP to 1 and heals them, because he is too bored. Deathwing did not kill the heroes, but characters helped him, each of which was several times stronger than the Lich King. And this is not to mention the fact that with each addon the heroes become stronger. For example, I am sure that he would not have killed the heroes during the Legion, when they have no less and even stronger artifacts than Arthas.
    LOL what? Anasterian was 3 thousand years old at the time of death, while Azshara was at least 11 thousand years old. And since you remembered this duel, the book several times emphasized how old Anasterian was and that if he were in his prime, he would have won. Arthas killed the old man (once again), and not an equal warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    The heroes didn’t defeat maligos. He got bored and blew up the platform under them. Alextrasza and the red flights are the ones who beat maligos while the heroes hang on for dear life after they got saved.
    If the red dragonflight and Alexstrasza are the ones to reap praise for defeating Malygos, then why did they ever need mortals to fight in the Nexus War in the first place? Of course both complemented one another, but I'm putting things into perspective here.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    If the red dragonflight and Alexstrasza are the ones to reap praise for defeating Malygos, then why did they ever need mortals to fight in the Nexus War in the first place? Of course both complemented one another, but I'm putting things into perspective here.
    The mortal champions and the Kirin Tor fought in the nexus war as did the dragon flights. Then they tried to take on malygos and failed. He destroyed the platform and sent them hurdling into the abyss but they were saved by the red flight who went on to fight Malygos and Alextrasza finished him. In Cataclysm Alexstrasza threaten deathwing that she would end him as she ended Malygos.

I never said the champions weren’t instrumental in the nexus war and killing several blue flight generals and mortal mage traitors, but the kill credit for Malygos goes to alexstrasza.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you read my message? He stunned and was about to kill
    I did and who else u know would stun to run away exactly ? The idea of 'stun' boss is used by sh8tload of bosses nothing special here, we talk about a boss who did kill, and stop argue with bosses that didn't kill, list of boss that did kill is limited to exactly 2: Arthas, Argus, done, literally no other boss in entire wow history rival them
    I never understood this stupid argument about the only one who killed us. There is a dungeon, the very first boss of which lowers the heroes' HP to 1 and heals them, because he is too bored.
    where exactly he says he does that out of boredom, are u really stuck that much in headcannon ?
    Deathwing did not kill the heroes, but characters helped him, each of which was several times stronger than the Lich King. And this is not to mention the fact that with each addon the heroes become stronger. For example, I am sure that he would not have killed the heroes during the Legion, when they have no less and even stronger artifacts than Arthas.
    gameplay != lore, or else a trash mob in mechagon is far stronger than deathwing and arthas and illidan and ke'thuzad combined
    LOL what? Anasterian was 3 thousand years old at the time of death, while Azshara was at least 11 thousand years old. And since you remembered this duel, the book several times emphasized how old Anasterian was and that if he were in his prime, he would have won. Arthas killed the old man (once again), and not an equal warrior.
    then give me another example of a mage vs dk duel where mage win, instead of farting ideas with no solid proof
    as for Azshara, she never showed massive power away from Well of Eternity, which is literally a cheat mode on, there is reason why she never left her palace during war of ancient and didn't even try to fight the trolls at their mountain, because that will be away from her well and without it she is far weaker
    in fact what did Azshara do exactly to show her 'immense' power? failed to hold water after her city sunk? even the portal to summon demons was done by her highborne and she was beauty resting in her palace, transform to naga was done by N'zoth, and the entire event of Nazjatar is done by her maiden using tidestone empower, for claim to be that strong, she never did anything
    Thrall

25% of posters confirmed to not know lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

I did and who else u know would stun to run away exactly ? The idea of 'stun' boss is used by sh8tload of bosses nothing special here, we talk about a boss who did kill, and stop argue with bosses that didn't kill, list of boss that did kill is limited to exactly 2: Arthas, Argus, done, literally no other boss in entire wow history rival them

where exactly he says he does that out of boredom, are u really stuck that much in headcannon ?

gameplay != lore, or else a trash mob in mechagon is far stronger than deathwing and arthas and illidan and ke'thuzad combined

then give me another example of a mage vs dk duel where mage win, instead of farting ideas with no solid proof
    as for Azshara, she never showed massive power away from Well of Eternity, which is literally a cheat mode on, there is reason why she never left her palace during war of ancient and didn't even try to fight the trolls at their mountain, because that will be away from her well and without it she is far weaker
    in fact what did Azshara do exactly to show her 'immense' power? failed to hold water after her city sunk? even the portal to summon demons was done by her highborne and she was beauty resting in her palace, transform to naga was done by N'zoth, and the entire event of Nazjatar is done by her maiden using tidestone empower, for claim to be that strong, she never did anything
    Again. Illidan defeated the heroes and Maiev saved them. He just did not have time to kill them. Give me examples of bosses who not only stun the player, but stun them permanently and only the help of other characters saves the players.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Baron_Ashbury_(tactics)
    Stay of Execution — Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies for 50% health.

If you need a raid group (as well as named characters like Aspects or Tirion) to defeat trash in Mehagon, then I have bad news for you.

Have we many examples of the battle of mages and DK? You yourself gave me an example of a duel, where the death knight defeated the mage only because the mage was a deep old man and if it were young Anasterian, he would defeat Arthas.

LOL what? Range does not affect the effect of the Well. Azshara did not fight because she was a queen and she considered herself superior to this. Learn the lore.

''failed to hold water after her city sunk?'' You are kidding me? Do you even know what was in the Well? Do you think there was just water?
    Last edited by darkoms; 2019-08-04 at 11:18 AM.