Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Did you react like that when people first said Trump would be President? You people should really tone it down because you'll only look even more foolish in case it actually happens.

I don't think it will happen but dismissing it like you're doing is ridiculous
    Naw, for trump I was more hoping people weren't so dumb to do so.

As of this, I'm looking on it with straight face - claiming 10 million is just as ridiculous if you claim my reaction being so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I never understand these posts. Like what are you expecting to gain? What do you want from it? Even if it were true, what do you get from it?

It’s not, btw. If you genuinely believe classic will have 10 million subscribers on day one, you have no concept of customer count at all.

If we are going by active players on launch, I guess BFA is a huge success? Yes? Maybe no? It sure sold alot atleast.

ofc alot of people will test it out at launch - just as with ALOT of other games that has a big hype around it. The big question is, are how many will stick around for 1,2,3+ months? We dont really know how this will go down, but it will be awesome for us who love wow and the warcraft universe no matter.

I'd be genuinely surprised if it even had A million at launch. Let alone maintaining any serious playerbase number.

It probably wont even beat BFA launch numbers. As laughable as that would be.
    Last edited by Odintdk; 2019-08-04 at 11:26 AM.

Who cares if there's 10m ppl at launch when the game is dwindling at a diminishing 1-2m right now? There's no consistency just hype. Realms are dying and merging, there's sharding to make it feel like the game isn't desolate. All a part of the grand masterplan?

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    Since Classic is going to have Millions more players than Retail, shouldn't it be "You pay the Classic subscription, you get Retail for free"?

Instead of the other way around?

Every World of Warcraft Expansion since Cataclysm sees 10 million subscribers at Launch...yes, even Warlords of Draenor.

The Classic Beta was destroying Retail on Twitch, so much so, that - just today - Twitch changed the World of Warcraft logo from "Battle for Nobody cares about this expansion" to the Classic logo with Ragnaros in the background.

Even Google Trends confirms this, if you compare "Classic Wow" to "BFA", Retail is dead, and Classic is on the ascent.

So where does this leave us?

Classic, given the fact it is a game that everyone wants, given that just a level 40 Beta was destroying the current game, given that most World of Warcraft launches attract 10 Million subscribers...I am going to make this prediction now...

Classic will have 10 Millioon subscribers...on day 1.
    No, thats unlikely. Also, the vast, vast majority will most likely give up on classic long befor they reach max level. You'll see a small bump in subs I'm sure but if classic and retail had seperate subs then classic would probably not be self sustaining after a while.

It's an old game and while nostalgia might get some people hyped it's not something that'll last when people realize how utterly horrible the leveling expereince is and also realize that they'll be so far behind once they actually make it to max level that they won't really have any serious people to do the endgame with.

It's a publicity stunt for Blizzard but not something that'll generate much in itself.

Since Classic is going to have Millions more players than Retail, shouldn't it be "You pay the Classic subscription, you get Retail for free"?

Every World of Warcraft Expansion since Cataclysm sees 10 million subscribers at Launch...yes, even Warlords of Draenor.

The Classic Beta was destroying Retail on Twitch, so much so, that - just today - Twitch changed the World of Warcraft logo from "Battle for Nobody cares about this expansion" to the Classic logo with Ragnaros in the background.

Even Google Trends confirms this, if you compare "Classic Wow" to "BFA", Retail is dead, and Classic is on the ascent.

Classic, given the fact it is a game that everyone wants, given that just a level 40 Beta was destroying the current game, given that most World of Warcraft launches attract 10 Million subscribers...I am going to make this prediction now...

you should try trading stocks, bro
    you don't get it at all

everything goes up before big release/announcement
    the next day it goes down to hell and everybody panics like it's the end of the world
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-08-04 at 11:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    From what I was listening yesterday from a friend who will be playing in classic with a streamer raid, classic is going to die fast. There is so much drama, at least with the guild/server that is going to be playing on. I can see classic only will be filled with people who played on private servers. It's not going to last
    I second this.

And btw. Nok Su Kow!

Classic WoW launch will be massive. 10 million subs? Even maybe. First of all unless Blizzard tells us we will not be able to know if a sub is playing retail only, classic only or both. So it will be hard to discern the exact number.

What will also be massive will be the drop in classic players after the first two weeks. You have to level with 2 only habilities, sometimes finding without quests, and after 10 hous of gameplay you are lvl 9. People will leave massively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroloGeo View Post
    Classic WoW launch will be massive. 10 million subs? Even maybe. First of all unless Blizzard tells us we will not be able to know if a sub is playing retail only, classic only or both. So it will be hard to discern the exact number.

What will also be massive will be the drop in classic players after the first two weeks. You have to level with 2 only habilities, sometimes finding without quests, and after 10 hous of gameplay you are lvl 9. People will leave massively.
    Of course there will be the same subs as in retail since its combined....

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    No it wont. And most of the private server players will go back to them once they realize they can't get free items from a gm.
    You do realize that "GMs giving items to players" is what caused multiple drama shitstorms and server breakups, yes?

Of course you wouldn't know that because you've never played private servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    There is no "Prestige" in playing a 15 year old game.
    There is no "Prestige" in hating people who play a re-release of a 15 year old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    There's no way to track Classic / Retail subs individually.
    You can at least single out Classic for some time. Just track the lvl60 chars after a few months and maybe subtract ~10% for alts.

I, like a lot of people will likely play both. Vanilla doesn't have flying or all the neat things we enjoy like pet tabs, transmog mounts of so many different styles and shared by all chars etc. Everyone seams to forget this. Old school was fun for what it was but those small features are not so small when you think about how far the game has come.

Vanilla does have the epic large raids and AV that could last for hours with quests. We don't have that in the latest expansions. The new wow player is typically impatient and wants the reward much faster and without the effort that made the reward so much better. I know Im clumping a lot of people into one box and this is a greatly exaggerated statement but it gets the point across.

Ill play both. Vanilla was a group experience. Present day WoW not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

There is no "Prestige" in hating people who play a re-release of a 15 year old game.
    Never said there was. Just thought what he said was rude to the other guy, so i told him that Reputation and prestige is not something to strive for or care about, especially not in a re-release of an old game.

Bait thread is bait thread

I think wow classic will overpopulate retail for the rest of 2019 (beyond that tho I dunno I doubt) but 10 million is crazy and just trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    There's no way to track Classic / Retail subs individually.
    That was wise for blizzard. There’s no win situation there for them

They either separate and watch as classic outshines their new product (to call that embarrassing would be an understatement)

On the other hand, if it bombs they don’t have to show their hand there either.

Blizz putting the two games behind diff paywalls would only further divide an already divided wow community

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Every subscriber will just get milked by blizzard, content lul in retail ? guess ill play classic, no new phase released on classic ? guess ill try the new patch out that conveniently released on retail, they will time the patch release cycles to maximize their subscriber count and you and me will all eat it up like the good customers we are, it's genius tbh.
    this!

best way to handle WoW disease in 2019:
    play Classic, get dissapointed and disillusioned, quit forever

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Nope, it won't. There are enough people who want new content, not content they have done 15 years ago. Classic isn't also as good as people think it is, so nope, classic will have by far no 10 million subs. Also playing classes in classic is boring; BfA has the worst class design ever, but that's only because Vanilla had no class design at all. There are enough 1 button-classes in vanilla, and that's by far not fun.

The thing is: Vanilla will still bring in many new customers, but don't forget: it's by far not as fun as people believe it will be.
    Your boldly-stated opinion seems confusing from someone who witnessed first-hand the addictive nature of this game when it released which has all but disappeared in modern expansions.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Never said there was. Just thought what he said was rude to the other guy, so i told him that Reputation and prestige is not something to strive for or care about, especially not in a re-release of an old game.
    And it's pretty rude to tell other people they're wrong for enjoying the game a certain way.

Also, he means "reputation" as in you will have a reputation on your server, unlike retail where everything is cross-realm with people you will never meet again, so there's no social responsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    this!

best way to handle WoW disease in 2019:
    play Classic, get dissapointed and disillusioned, quit forever
    It amazes me that even in 2019, there are still idiots like this who don't realize that Classic is being made specifically for people who have already played private servers and experienced vanilla.

Seethe harder

And so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Running deadmines on the beta is the most viewers his channel has ever received, he usually gets in the 20k range...(he peaked at like 110k iirc)

Imagine what kind of viewership channels will be getting launch day, or AQ gate opening/KT world first. As much as you want to deny classic's appeal its going to be a behemoth on twitch, its going to surpass fortnite in viewers day 1 which is just insane to think about given its age.
    (the VERY RIGHT one is the one i show in the picture above. Also the last time he played classic was june 24th, so EVERYTHING to the right of that is BFA)
    1. while its true that was, again i mean your wrongi t was not 100k.
    2. his average is 30-40k so yeah... wrong there buddy
    3. funny his average "wow classic stream" veiwership is the same as his "Wow BFA stream" can you not lie about easily google-able facts matw?'
    4. those two peaks you see on the right are the new patch and new raid

something anyone and their mother who plays wow currently can do, while some (but not all) the stuff on the left is classic, something a very limited amount of people can play. also using him as an example is bad, wanna know why?

lets say you have a youtuber, he plays roblox, he gets like 1000 veiws a vid, his veiwers agree with him they like roblox. then he plays minecraft it gets 500 veiws. Is that proof that "minecraft is less popular then roblox loooooooool" no, its bias because of course their veiwers that want one bit of content, will watch that bit of content more.

also i will fucking laugh when your wrong mate... why will people watch classic when they can play it.
    how about fasc you just.. dont play classic, and watch someone play it then!

everything here and on is BFA as he stopped playing the beta then.
    there is also a fair bit of BFA before it, but its hard to get as some days he streamed both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    I know this is a bait thread but do you realize OSRS had more players than RS3 long before mobile version released?
    yes i was corrected on this, however it even more amazingly pointed out how much of an effect just going mobile did.

you cna see how very slow the growth is and and how many years it takes them BOOM more then doubled.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-08-04 at 01:06 PM.