Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by acehud View Post
    Thanks for everyone on the feedback. Happy for the thread to be hijacked for similar questions so no probs with that.

This did help clear up my mind and I'm going to steer clear from those cheaper monitors and will use the Dell S2716DG as my minimum basis for when I'll be making my purchases in the summer.
    According to Amazon, it's like 200 pounds more. I'm not sure you'll be getting your money's worth, unless you just really cannot deal with screen tearing and the 2ms larger input lag on the Samsung.

Personally, after buying a 165hz monitor (The HP Omen if you wanna know, it was on sale), I'll probably just settle for a 144hz non-gsync with better colours next time. I've tried turning off the gsync feature and it's just.. I don't personally notice it. What I do notice though is the higher refresh rate, but even that I don't really notice a lot of above ~100-120.

The price of the Samsung LC27JG52QQUXEN 27-Inch Curved WQHD 144 Hz LED Gaming Monitor is acceptable and you can also to search a 240 HZ monitor. I think the 240 HZ monitor is better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by acehud View Post
    Thanks for the input moremana. I've read up a bit on how the technology works but not nearly enough to understand it really well.

I'm coming from a 1080p 60hz right now so I will probably not see any issues but since I'm upgrading from using a laptop for the last 10 years (needed the mobility) I thought I should just do it right and not cheap out on components as important as the monitor and enjoy a quality 1440p experience.

With that being said I have might eyes set on the Acer Nitro VG270UP 27" WQHD 144Hz which is £350 now, Freesync and looks like a great bang for your money.

would love to hear opinions on this one?
    I’m using the Acer XF270HU it’s a 144hz IPS freesync panel on my 2080 and works flawlessly. For me freesync is a game changer and I won’t be going back.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    240Hz means you will be able to utilize a framerate (FPS) at 240. Many people dont understand that having 120fps in a game with a 60Hz monitor is pointless and some will say you cant tell the difference between 60 and 120...I can so ....
    When I first set up my build there were driver issues, and for some reason my computer would reset my refresh rate from 144Hz to 60Hz, and I could tell when it happened immediately. Everything was just a little sluggish, particularly moving windows or scrolling. I don't think I could tolerate anything less than 120Hz. I don't have any experience with 100Hz, so maybe I'd go as low as that, but 60Hz is intolerably sluggish to me.

Even the gaming laptop I had before from years ago had a 120Hz display.