Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The dungeon is weirdly balanced, with outer mechagon bosses being substantially more difficult than the inner ones. Hard mode on the last boss takes some learning (and yes the colors don't mean anything, ignore them completely, anyone who uses colors must hate themselves secretly since they move around). Use either player names or numbers (from left to right facing the buttons, 1-4) and have somebody with a good camera angle (a healer or ranged) call them in order as they appear.

Also, for dungeon half names, I'd like to propose:
    Operation: Mechagon - Surface
    Operation: Mechagon - City
    Last edited by Simca; 2019-08-01 at 03:23 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    so turns out with the my group did K.U.-J.O. without clearing any stacks as we didn't know we could. should be alot easier this week now that i can tell them we can clear them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    so turns out with the my group did K.U.-J.O. without clearing any stacks as we didn't know we could. should be alot easier this week now that i can tell them we can clear them.
    Yep. We started doing hardmode in week 2 of it being available (yet to do it this week). I knew that the stacks were supposed to be cleared by the trash throwing but also knew it was bugged.

Hardmode 1 (week 2)

Crates fell way too early, you had to move out before the last aoe was cast, all at full stacks movement reduction. Crate line of sight also required you to be close behind the box or you would get hit by the aoe even when not in los, or hell, sometimes you just randomly get hit while at the box too.

Hardmode 2 (week 3)

Crates fixed finally, line of sight better also. Stacks still can't be cleared.

Hardmode 3 (week 4)

Not done it yet. After 1 and 2, we are going to be pros at K.U.-J.O.
    Will only have taken them four fucking weeks to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by endorus View Post
    Am looking forward to "Lower Mechagon" on a fortified week and that pack before King Mech on a teeming week
    Trick to those is keeping the Defenders(?) or Mechanics(?) alive and standing in the shields that they create. Tank should pull out as much of everything else outside and backpedal to get himself inside the shield. I'd be more concerned about the packs outside near Trixie & Naeno when affixes arrive tbh, especially that big patrol and the aoe crawler bots.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-08-01 at 03:16 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    They broke stack clearing on the first week during the 'line of sight' hotfix that first Friday.

So even if you'd done it since then, it would have done nothing (as of last Tuesday anyway, that was the last time I tested it).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    They broke stack clearing on the first week during the 'line of sight' hotfix that first Friday.

So even if you'd done it since then, it would have done nothing (as of last Tuesday anyway, that was the last time I tested it).
    ah so it wouldn't matter either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    I think I would have preferred it as a piece of content with a bit more longevity. Anyone worth their salt did it within 45-60 minutes on their first go.

Criminally undertuned. Should have been tuned around 430 in an expansion where gear is so easy to come by. Would been way cooler if it was something you couldn't just do right away as the mechanics imo are very well done. Its a shame that everything has to be available to everyone right away, can't wait to do it on M+ tho.
    I wonder how do i get this easy 430 gear, i do Heroic, M+ and hope for some TF Items but atm i only got 2 430/435 items and they are bought from the TR Vendor.

I have somewhat mixed feelings towards the dungeon.

One thing I dislike the most is probably the length. More than 30-40 minutes of uninterrupted gameplay is very disruptive for me and I usually have to plan that ahead. I have time dedicated to raids, but this requires another such block, which is not ideal. I would have preferred it to just be 2 dungeons right from the very start.

The difficulty is high, yes. It's one of those things (like raids) that you should avoid pugging if you want to avoid bad time. I made a mistake trying to go with a full pug group twice. The tank kept getting KO'd by trash near the goblin duo boss. Dude was 415ilvl or so. Clearly not a gear issue - the dude was just not using any abilities I'm guessing. It's kind of okay for a dungeon to require usage of defensive abilities from a tank, but many pug tanks don't do that at all, so it makes it a pain. So it's either a guild run, or no run at all, pretty much. Maybe if you invite some high rio players then it will be okay, but otherwise no.

Also, the first half of the dungeon is clearly multiple times harder than the second one.

Didn't even try hard modes, because from what I heard I have pretty much 0 chance of completing it, even with my guildies (we are a middle of the pack heroic raiding guild). I think I'll just wait a couple months once I heavily outgear it.

The fights and design are interesting and somewhat fun, that is true, but then again, that is not something I want from a dungeon. It's something I can do 1 or 2 times in my life, like watching a movie in a theatre, but dungeons...I want them to be easy, quick and puggable. This one hardly is. Maybe it will get better once it gets halved for M+. But for now - it was fun the 2 times I did it for the blueprint, and that's it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Been there once, will never go back until they divide it into two part... cba to spend 1.5h+ in a 5man, those days are sooooo over!
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    430 Helm is decent but if you're mythic raiding there really isn't a reason to go back.
    As a mythic raider, I can confirm that this is very incorrect. The rings if they roll sockets are highly desirable, multiple of our raiders have done runs purely for the helmet, usually a gear type stack to ensure it drops, the mages have needed cloth stacks for the bracers off last boss, everyone who uses visions has run it every week and got r3 this week, and the chance of TF punchcards is always a nice bonus.

I understand not knowing off the top of your head why mythic players would go back, but that doesn't mean they don't go back, best not to make up fake facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    As a mythic raider, I can confirm that this is very incorrect. The rings if they roll sockets are highly desirable, multiple of our raiders have done runs purely for the helmet, usually a gear type stack to ensure it drops, the mages have needed cloth stacks for the bracers off last boss, everyone who uses visions has run it every week and got r3 this week, and the chance of TF punchcards is always a nice bonus.

I understand not knowing off the top of your head why mythic players would go back, but that doesn't mean they don't go back, best not to make up fake facts.
    It sort of depends. I personally do this for VoP mainly, the rings have some potential but they do need both a socket and actual correct affix combo too, so I simply don't see them as a viable option. Aside from VoP and Fire Mages, I'd say mythic raider does not have very much to do there really.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    HM should drop a 430 punch card at the end in addition to the 430 helm IMO. Nightbane dropped multiple pieces of loot in addition to a mount, not sure why this place can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It sort of depends. I personally do this for VoP mainly, the rings have some potential but they do need both a socket and actual correct affix combo too, so I simply don't see them as a viable option. Aside from VoP and Fire Mages, I'd say mythic raider does not have very much to do there really.
    Helmet is highly desirable for multiple specs, at least half your raid runs the cyclotronic trinket on Azshara, a few outside of Azshara, the extra potential source at yellow cards is worth it. Rings with sockets and the wrong affix are unfortunate, but can also quite easily be upgrades, as the stats on one set of them are amazing for most specs. But it's also a "may as well" do it, because that dungeon is very quick when you're mythic geared and not a monkey.

But yeah, you're absolutely right that VoP and fire mage bracers are the 2 biggest selling points of that dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    I like the dungeon, I do think it is a bit melee unfriendly, and probably a bit overtuned.

Going to be crazy on M+ when the time comes..
    IIRC, kara got a few changes before it became m+ and after that as well. In the beginning, lower kara was the hardest m+ dungeon there was, but then they turned it into the easiest one.

I wonder if they will keep the 1st part with the rotating 4th boss - this will be something like the Opera where every week you get a different event.

You get a free 440 every week if you do a 10+

Every 10+ you do drops 3 items if you do it in time. With a group of 5 people you could do a dungeon every hour (If you're slow about) it, for 3 items an hour. In 10 Hours that's 30 items.

430 Is not hard to come by. I've done HM on 3 chars now. It's really not that difficult, keep in mind I have no progress in the current or former raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Love the dungeon

I just dislike 1 thing

You're expected to clear hard mode in 1 go. Joined a group a few days ago. We had a few wipes on first bosses, then about 15 on 4th boss. On last boss we had 25 wipes and just decided to give up. The next day I log in and notice that the hard mode button for last boss isn't there. After further research, apparently you have to clear all of it in 1 go
    This is just guessing from my part, but I imagine the reason for that is to avoid people clearing the whole instance up the last boss, and then go "WTS Hard Mode Mechagon mount run. At last boss. PST!!" in Trade chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    As a story dungeon it should not be mythic only, imo.

I disagree wholeheartedly with this design philosophy.
    But... all dungeons are "story dungeons". They all are part of and fit in the story. I don't get the logic, honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Good players number them
    Weirdly enough, my guild prefers to place marks in front of the marks, and call the symbols: X, moon, square, circle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I love dungeons like this. But.. whats the incentive to go back there after the first time ? Loot is shit and time it takes to finish it is just way to long for no reward
    looti s pretty good
    vision of perfection
    titles
    acheives
    mogs
    mounts
    pets
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Since im pretty much "alone" these days when playing wow, im stuck with pure pugs. Cant really say it has worked out good. Made it to 4th boss once and killed him then.

Beyond that, its pretty much ragers, instaleavers, whiners, and general ignorance of boss mechanics.

I dont bother with the dungeon and will wait until the dungeon is split in two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Love the dungeon

I just dislike 1 thing

You're expected to clear hard mode in 1 go. Joined a group a few days ago. We had a few wipes on first bosses, then about 15 on 4th boss. On last boss we had 25 wipes and just decided to give up. The next day I log in and notice that the hard mode button for last boss isn't there. After further research, apparently you have to clear all of it in 1 go
    You'll eventually stop wiping on it (after the learning process) and just trample it. We usually complete it in 40-45m and already did the Deathless run aswell. I think it's fair to expect some fail, learning runs, at the start. Last boss in particular is very wipable until you understand the console mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it last night, was kinda a disappointment.

Seeing all these people cry "overtuned!" had me thinking it might actually be challenging, but every boss had like 1 mechanic that was fairly obvious. We had exactly 2 wipes in the hour or so it took, with one being on KUJO due to someone not moving with explosive leap, and 1 on king mechagon because someone didn't move and got giga-blasted at the same time as the orbs. Will only being going back due to visions essence.

Personally I like the fact that you can wipe if you don't do mechanics correctly, you can die if you don't hide in the dust cloud etc. I think it's a bit silly how you can breeze through Mythic0 dungeons even at appropriate gear levels without using interrupts, stuns or defensives tbh. I think it's tuned quite well for ilvl 400-405 which should be the target audience when the dungeon drops 415+ loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The fights and design are interesting and somewhat fun, that is true, but then again, that is not something I want from a dungeon. It's something I can do 1 or 2 times in my life, like watching a movie in a theatre, but dungeons...I want them to be easy, quick and puggable. This one hardly is. Maybe it will get better once it gets halved for M+. But for now - it was fun the 2 times I did it for the blueprint, and that's it for me.
    I guess what you can take from this is that it's great that there's content that's good for you (every other dungeon at appropriate Mythic+ difficulty) and there's content that's good for those of us who want a bit of a longer challenge outside of raids. Personally my first Mechagon run was a 4-man guild group without full voice comms and one pug DH who died early on every boss and it took us about 1h30m to complete going in blind strat wise. A wipe or two on a few bosses. The last two weeks Hardmode has taken us at most an hour to do with 430~ gear and my usual M+ group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    I like the dungeon, I do think it is a bit melee unfriendly, and probably a bit overtuned.

Going to be crazy on M+ when the time comes..
    Much overturned, and while it might be melee unfriendly, it's downright caster hostile.. Pretty much every fight have a ton of movement.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/