Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If you can choose to be any playable race from WoW, which would you be?

The race has to be playable, you can't just pick Dragon and be done with it.

I'd probably choose one of the Elves simply because they don't die of old age. They are immortal but not invulnerable, so once I've lived for however many thousands of years of life and get bored, I can just kill myself or something and end it.

As for which elf specifically, I'd rule out NELFs because I don't want to be a nature hippy, I'd rule out VELFs because if Alleria constantly hears whispers from the void in her mind, then I'm sure all the other VELFs do as well.

I'd probably go with Nightborne. They are sort of like NELFs except they allign with arcane over nature. Plus they live in the best city in the game, Suramar.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Id probably go Blood Elf or worgen(since they have two forms). And while I like Draenei I think I would miss having feet. WoW Human males look too much like Arnold Schwarzenegger and look bad without facial hair.

I'd have to go with human or high elf; I certainly wouldn't want to live under the horde's banner until they get a bit of precedence with stable and peaceful leadership. As a gnome and dwarf, my reach would annoy the heck out of me, I don't see myself enjoying night elven or draenei lifespan, and while being a worgen sounds great on paper, people do make it sound like a horrible curse, and I will trust them. Also, I don't want the void whispering shit in my ears, in case that wasn't obvious.

Draenei. Have you seen their women?

Plus I'd be immortal and get a sweet ass spaceship.

Sidenote: I'm pretty sure that lore-wise, elves are no longer immortal.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Draenei. Have you seen their women?

Plus I'd be immortal and get a sweet ass spaceship.

Sidenote: I'm pretty sure that lore-wise, elves are no longer immortal.
    Plot twist: You wind up reincarnated as Sacrificial Draenei #3,247.

(finding a good shot of draenei falling into that pit was surprisingly difficult, so enjoy the blurriness.)

I myself will obviously pick half orc half human half draenei so I can roll a shamageadin. All shall fear my power, so much so that Khadgar will just hand over his legendary staff to me for no reason.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I’d choose an undead elf except I don’t want to be colorblind but being truly immortal would be nice. Orc would be nice too so you no longer have to go to the gym, but their lifespan is basically that of a humans. So in the end it probably would have to be Shal’dorei or Sin’dorei. You get to be traditionally attractive, live for thousands of years at the minimum, a mage if lucky, and rather intelligent, there’s almost no downsides. Even if I don’t get to be a cool physical race like orcs, the benefits of elves are too good to pass up.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Probably a Night Elf so i could learn to be a druid and sneak around causing mischief and tease other races by doing cat things, big furry cat walks up to you and your companion in the tavern and just knocks your stuff off the table, would you be mad or pet me for being adorable?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I myself will obviously pick half orc half human half draenei so I can roll a shamageadin. All shall fear my power, so much so that Khadgar will just hand over his legendary staff to me for no reason.
    I didn't know Me'dan was an option.

I pick MarySueForged as my race too.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Sounds like a bad idea, unless you also want to be indexed as on pg. 404 of a future volume of the "Chronicle" series. Shamageadins seem to have a low shelf-life.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'd choose to be a Ren'dorei to be honest. Aside from all the perks that come from being an evolved elf, I'd also get an increased chance of resisting the whispers of the Void, because I would have the knowledge and power needed to hold them at bay, as opposed to say a peasant or a warrior.

I'd rule out VELFs because if Alleria constantly hears whispers from the void in her mind, then I'm sure all the other VELFs do as well.
    I assume you'd get used to it eventually. They'd be giving you special training sessions on how to ignore the voices until you no longer even pay attention to them. Indeed, even Alleria herself got used to it eventually.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-08-05 at 07:35 PM.

Orc, so I could cleave things in two and fuck subservient elvish females(?).

7+ Year Old Account
    I would be a human seeing as i live in the real world and i rather not be the only monster on earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd go with blood elf. I could pass as a pale elf-obsessed cosplayer, but if you do something like a night elf, orc, or draenai, something really exotic and a different color, good luck not being kidnapped for an eternal life as a lab rat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Troll because regeneration
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Zandalari because LOA VULT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn between BE (lorewise Silvermoon is a magnificent city, like a smaller version of Suramar, albeit with its own architectural design) or Zandalari troll, because dinos, voodoo and those lovely Zuldazar beaches are a very hard to beat combo
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

OT: No idea, I think the best race, though not playable, would be ethereal.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Orc, so I could cleave things in two and fuck subservient elvish females(?).
    I think that orcs only likes their own race because they have "strong woman" among them.
    Garona is exception of that...

5+ Year Old Account
    A draenei or NB. I think the females for both are gorgeous and I like the societies they have.

If I had to pick something "less pretty", I'd be okay as a male Zandalari, Tauren, or Worgen.

Although I'd probably be happiest as a pandaren. Pandaria is beautiful and has great food!
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf or Worgen. Human alone would be boring