Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Horde Redesign Orgrimmar

Folks have said they didn't like the way the Cata Revamp changed Orgrimmar, if you could redo the city what would you change to improve it?

Assume another Cata-scale revamp mechanically, knock down mountains or even completely remake the place.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Folks have said they didn't like the way the Cata Revamp changed Orgrimmar, if you could redo the city what would you change to improve it?

Assume another Cata-scale revamp mechanically, knock down mountains or even completely remake the place.
    Burn it.

10 chars

It's fine the way it is. It's supposed to be a mud fortress.

5+ Year Old Account
    Orgrimmar still looks like ironhorde design, sometimes you think Garrosh gonna come up and pat you on shoulder and say "Surprise ****".

So new design would be mud-huts or more wooden buildings....
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-06 at 05:49 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Since Thrall's idea of having the orcs work hard in nearly inhospitable land doesn't seem to work as they just destroy other places for resources I'd have the shamans and druids revitalize the area and have a big lake on the zeppelin plateau that had waterfalls running down some of the sides down into Ragefire Chasm/Underhold. And remove the iron horde style shit.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Since Thrall's idea of having the orcs work hard in nearly inhospitable land doesn't seem to work as they just destroy other places for resources I'd have the shamans and druids revitalize the area and have a big lake on the zeppelin plateau that had waterfalls running down some of the sides down into Ragefire Chasm/Underhold. And remove the iron horde style shit.
    But then Blizzard will no longer have sorry excuses to start another faction war like "Orcs are starving, they have no food and clean water so they had no choice but to invade Night Elf territory!"

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Well, given that Thrall is back, I bet he'll double down on atonement and stuff. So instead of revitalising, they'll make Durotar even more inhospitable, otherwise Blizz won't have a convenient, but somewhat reasonable excuse to justify orcs' future attacks on Allies, Nelves in particular :P

Orc like, orc take, orc no like, orc kill.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Well, given that Thrall is back, I bet he'll double down on atonement and stuff. So instead of revitalising, they'll make Durotar even more inhospitable, otherwise Blizz won't have a convenient, but somewhat reasonable excuse to justify orcs' future attacks on Allies, Nelves in particular :P

Orc like, orc take, orc no like, orc kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    But then Blizzard will no longer have sorry excuses to start another faction war like "Orcs are starving, they have no food and clean water so they had no choice but to invade Night Elf territory!"
    True but I'm hoping this faction fighting bullcrap ends soon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Make it look like the Warfronts and strongholds scattered around Kul'Tiras; the big tusks and use of wood, hide etc. Orgrimmar is too spiky and metallic. I want my mud huts back.

I wouldn't mind if there were more updated buildings and areas.

If they wanted to keep Orgrimmar primarily an orc-style city (which I think they should) there are plenty of assets from WoD that would work. Each of the clans had their own styles of buildings (Shadowmoon, Bleeding Hollow, Frostwolf, Warsong, etc), and had a ton of assets they could use to flesh out different parts of Orgrimmar. On top of that, there are tons of Garrison buildings and assets that could be used - though I could imagine people being sick of that one easily. That's not even counting the Iron Horde buildings, machines, and objects, which could be used for a revamped Mag'har area exclusively.

Otherwise, it would be nice to see other areas updated with newer buildings for the other represented races. There are plenty of newer troll assets that could be used in the Valley of Spirits - much of which is Zandalari, but there were also generic "troll buildings" (used in other parts of Zandalar and Molten Cay). Highmountain buildings and totems could replace the Vanilla-era Tauren tents and totems in the Valley of Wisdom.

And that's just updating things that are already there. There could be an area dedicated to the Forsaken, since there are a bunch of undead hanging out on a rampart currently. Other Allied Races (and other Horde races - even unplayable ones like Ogres) could have buildings/areas to represent them, with random trainers for different professions or something.

There are lots of possibilities, it would be nice to see it done over time.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let the Orcs make some impossing walls around the city - but let the Goblins redesign anything else.

I want fake grass, pink flamingoes, shady strip-clubs, swimming pools, strings of party-lights and neon signs (they could run on magic) so jammed-packed you can't spit without hitting a pinup girl or a banana wallpaper! Think Red Light Turist Hell x 1000. Honestly I think it could make for an interesting look

Or just go borring and make it a bit smaller (easier to navigate) while more "majestic" without giving up the tribal look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. I would include some running water (streams, not plumbing, yet, anyway), the place is supposed to support a population. I would probably avoid the amount of underground places, Ceiling Cat knows that I get lost in there on the odd days when I accidentally log onto my Horde alt. I would return to the previous tribal outlook, but I would keep the underlying technology; there's no point in having another city-wide fire risk again, there's been enough of that. There should possibly also be increased presence of shamans and shaman-related, err, infrastructure. There's more to orcs than just the formal/present tribal side, and the city proper could reflect that.
    I would possibly also increase the city size, and include "suburbs" that would be dedicated to each of the Horde races; Orgrimmar is an orcish city in its foundation, but it's a Horde capital, and thus could reflect that. After Suramar, there's no point in keeping the cities tiny, so might as well go wild. This would probably require some revitalisation of northern Durotar, where the "suburbs" would be - northern Durotar is the most accessible and the best defended from potential night elven incursions. At the southwest border of the city, I would place a fortified garrison - just in case, plus there should be a place of obvious military power; this is the Horde we are talking about.

But making no changes fits in with the story, becouse making changes would take resorces and current warchief dont give a shit about orcs they are just something to use to obtain her goal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or let a different horde race provide the capital.

Silvermoon and suramar city are much cooler.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    More houses. The troll area needs more plants and more bridges across the cliff walls.
    I wouldn't get rid of the mountains, but use them more. In the troll area, I would build some tunnels in the mountainside for a temple or other stuff.
    I would clean out the plateau with the windrider and arrange for a embassy district. Each race not living in Orgrimmar should get an embassy there. Fenced off a bit and with racial buildings. Apart from that, the plateau should be a travel hub. You need Portals and zeppelin towers, You should see troops departings, goods brought in and so on.
    The valley you arrive in should become a trade and living district. The feeling should be like a bazar. The valley of strength should become more militarized and the warchief should reside there. The valley of wisdom should get a bit larger and become really more spiritually touched. Stone circles, loa statues, tauren totems and so on. Walking in there should give you the urge to kneel down and pray.
    The canyon should become more of a craftsman place. Smoking furnaces, dark smiths and other.
    Finally, the cave for the warlocks and stuff should a bit more cluttered and really become more like the underbelly of Dalaran. Some Caves shooting of, hiding summoning circles and stuff. Also, rogues should get a place there, perhaps the intelligence service of the horde could get a place there. By the way, just for fun I would place a spy hidout in every city from the opposing faction. You could go to your intelligence service and get a buff to spy out the other faction. You will then be teleported to that hideout, get a disguise and can walk around the city, interact with everybody and collect documents and stuff that lies around. Much like the way rogues had this pickpocket special. You can trade in these documents for fun items or other goodies, like archaeological information or reputation.

And generally, more access to everything. If there are Buildings on the mountainside, bridges going across one wall to another, you should be able to walk there.
    Last edited by Naramag; 2019-08-06 at 06:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot more colors. If Sylvanas stays around, lets see more dark blue within the city, have a new royal guard with purple colors take over a part of the city and really let it be a joining point of cultures, with the bland yellow/red being more done in the Valley of Honor while having the rest of the city be a bloom of different colors.

I would proberly also open up the city towards the east and make an actual harbor. Making it bigger would be a good upgrade.

Aside from that, maybe just fix alot of the things, that are not needed anymore, like the trainer areas around the town being used for something else, maybe even making the portal area more central in the city, instead of in the bellows of the outer wall.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I kinda wish the main Horde city was the Blood Elf one... only not so far away from everything.
    Ew. I forbid you from ever posting anywhere again. Guards, take this fool away.

Anyways, my headcanon is that Orgrimmar and Stormwind receive massive overhauls by utilizing garrison technology to phase their sizes (it's set up perfect for both cities because they both have large gates for their entrances and are both right by the shorelines, so you can have magic phased city areas existing over the water and stuff). Both cities would be made roughly five times larger and far more fleshed out, actual city planners would be commissioned to help create the layouts.

Of course they'd be designed in such a way as to ensure that no matter where you are in the city, you're never too far away from important points of interest (so a bank or transmog or whatever won't ever be clear on the other end of a supersized city).

These cities would, of course, see little relevant use outside of any expansion that makes them their expansion hub, making it a massive waste of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

Sorry. If I could redo Orgrimmar, then I wouldn't. There is other cities that needs work on more than Orgrimmar.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Well Orgrimmar is more than the Orc Capital. It is the home for the entire Horde. I would want to reflect that in the architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Here is the thing. You CAN have massive cities. You just need to have MULTIPLE hubs in the same city. Each hub needs to have all the basic needs and they all need to be equidistant to the central quest hub. But it can work just fine.
    That's what I just described.