Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My guess it is not Khadgar but Odyn. Since Odyn is the leader of the titan keepers again (warrior order hall campaign), and he does have ravens has his "eyes" (as he does in the mythos)

Also the forge of Origination is in Uldum (Halls of origination). Last we know, the forge was broken by Brann after he was pressing random buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    WotLK did not set-up Cata.
    Ruby Sanctum and all the Twilight dragons say "hi".

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Ruby Sanctum and all the Twilight dragons say "hi".
    I swear some people forget that Ruby Sanctum was released during Wrath (2 months after the Lich King was made available) and not the Cata-prepatch.

Which makes Halion the end of expansion boss for Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyphael View Post
    we need a rest from khadgar after seeing him so much in draenor and legion back to back.
    champion! Champion? Champion. Champion?!?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    I swear some people forget that Ruby Sanctum was released during Wrath (2 months after the Lich King was made available) and not the Cata-prepatch.

I'm not sure what does that have to do with what I said. The Ruby Sanctum was Blizzard "setting up the Cataclysm" expansion theme. It has nothing to do with "pre-patches".

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    In the 8.2.5 PTR during the Wrathion Questline, he talks about the Forge of Origination and how he has to "turn a key"

"The lord of Ravens will turn the key."

This confirms that this is directly linked to Khadgar turning the key to the Forge of Origination. Especially since thats who Wrathion is trying to find.

Anyone agree with this?
    At no point does Wrathion say the words "turn a key" - those words are never spoken once in the entire text for that quest on the PTR. Not sure what planet / reality you're living in, but you have to be pretty bold to think you can just blatantly lie about something like that and think everyone will just accept it.

Also, the Lord of Ravens is not confirmed to be anyone yet, so once again: not sure what dimension you're contacting us from when you make these assertions for which you have no basis.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    champion! Champion? Champion. Champion?!?

Rhonin was killed off for less.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see a return of Medivh. That doesn't seem too crazy considering WC3 remastered is coming out soon.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I took it as Medivh when I read about the new scenario/questline, since his spirit guided Wrathion to the next steps he would need to take. However, there is still room for Odyn if there are shenanigans in the Shadowlands, Khadgar if they wanted to bring him back (since he's just hanging out somewhere now), or even Wrathion himself if they decided to make it a bit less obvious. However, many of Il'gynoth's quotes (and other Old God quotes) have been pretty on-the-nose lately.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    WotLK did not set-up Cata.
    Taking the pre-event with earthquakes/elementals and setting that to the side, there were things like the Ruby Dragonshrine (and even Obsidian Dragonshrine in Wrath's launch) that led directly into Cata's entire story. There were smaller quests involving the Shen'dralar and Sunwalkers in Dalaran, as well.

I do get where you're coming from - it's not like we saw a minion of the Lich King or something that we were fighting do a Garrosh/Gul'dan and run away to set up the next expansion with a neat little bow. It's not like the Lich King's death was the catalyst for Deathwing to pop up and cause the Cataclysm. However, from Vanilla-Wrath there were events (including pre-events) that moved the story forward, but not as clearly as it is now.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the 8.2.5 PTR during the Wrathion Questline, he talks about the Forge of Origination and how he has to "turn a key"

This confirms that this is directly linked to Khadgar turning the key to the Forge of Origination. Especially since thats who Wrathion is trying to find.

Anyone agree with this?
    But Lord of Ravens could be one of the following:

Mathias Shaw.
    Medivh.
    Lord Jorach Ravenholdt.
    Khadgar.

Though if spoken so, I could feel Jorach being lead (maybe against his will).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    For some reason I want Yrel to be the one who kills Khadgar. It would cement her as a villain.
    In my book she is a villain. This comes from an Alliance player (Don't play Horde so much anymore). And Yrel has gone off the rails. She is in my book, connected with the Scarlet Crusade's behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

Rhonin was killed off for less.
    He died a hero!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post

People forget it because they want to. That raid was horror... Especially to pug.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We need a rest from Khadgar after seeing him so much in Draenor and Legion back to back.
    Khadgar is fine. Him being in the centre of attention as well as going MIA is fine as long as it makes sense. We need a rest from Magni. Period.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Anyone agree with this?
    It's un-subtle enough that you're probably right.

But who knows. -More importantly, who cares? The phrasing of every line of that riddle is ambiguous enough that Blizzard could make them mean whatever they want, and trying to guess them ahead of time is literally a pointless endeavor, since it'll all be revealed to us as it happens, anyways.

Gotta hand it to the devs, though, that riddle was a masterstroke for keeping players' attention. A few totally meaningless lines have done more to make their plot 'interesting' to people that any of their deliberate writing has since MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Khadgar is fine. Him being in the centre of attention as well as going MIA is fine as long as it makes sense. We need a rest from Magni. Period.
    Magno just became a central character though and before that he was gone several expansions.

Origination sounds like a lore excuse for a world revamp if I ever heard one

Medivh is still around, we know that from Return to Karazhan, and in fact the last time we saw Khadgar was in the Legion epilogue when he left to "confer with Medivh". So it could definitely be him.

It will certainly be either Medivh or Khadgar doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I mean, just because his staff lets him turn into a raven, it's a bit of a stretch to call him, the "Lord of Ravens".
    This.
    /10char

Magno just became a central character though and before that he was gone several expansions.
    I got your point but he's like super annoying. And his contribution to the story in this expansion is close to zero.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forge of Origination? Maybe it's linked to Algalon the Observers suicide hotline and Wraithion doesn't know about it.

"It is in the universe's best interest to re-originate this planet, should my analysis find systemic corruption. Do not interfere."
    Considering it's how they planned to beat the Old Gods before and Wraithion screwing us over again won't be something new.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I mean, just because his staff lets him turn into a raven, it's a bit of a stretch to call him, the "Lord of Ravens".
    I was thinking this too.

It would be more interesting if it ended up either being Odyn and bring the Keepers back into the story (since they fought the Old Gods directly back in the day) or even Medivh (since it's... well... it's Medivh).

Also if it ends up being Odyn, I hope we get to see Highkeeper Ra/Ra-den return.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I got your point but he's like super annoying. And his contribution to the story in this expansion is close to zero.
    True, he's one of those boring NPC's that stands around just giving orders. Khadgar at least actually goes around with us.