Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It’s not just the chat, but the economy with these players on it is going be be messed up as well.

No too much fanboiz which will make it hard for normal people to play

I don't think it will be hugely different on Asmon's server than Illidan at launch, both sides had some large pvp-happy power guilds. Blackrock mountain was camped nightly, my guild in Spring 2005 used Stonard instead of Kargath because of that.

The real difference is that a large number of people will quit when the streamer quits, which in asmon's case will be when the next wow expansion's beta is out, and in many other streamer's cases they will quit to stream the new Jedi game in November.
    One Sweet Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    He essentially said "I'm so annoyed I can't be an asshole without consequences because I can't say certain words" on a recent stream. And his pro-trump right wing fuck lord chat eats it up. That's all I need to know. I don't want that anywhere near me.

Why are you lying so hard? Triggered because he scoffs at sjw bullshit like the fake shit you are trying to pull here?

I'm gonna roll so far away from any server streamers congregate to that I just might end up in a different game altogether.

Classic is not prepared for streaming in general, to sum it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-cy000SaM (not that I agree 200%). Your only options are avoiding their servers entirely or joining their club.
    Last edited by Poizo; 2019-08-06 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    I have no idea who that is and don't have interest in them. If they prove to be annoying enough, i'll go elsewhere.
    Go else where, he's pretty toxic and it spews over into his followers. Prior to classic launch they he launched different guilds focus on level 60 raiding and 70 raiding with strict rules to try to make it as difficult and authenticate as possible. Which was fine, but if you asked a single question in regardless to anything at that level, you were instantly ridiculed then kicked + naming and shaming. There was quite a few people on here posting the reasons they got booted.

He's also annoying as fuck.

I'm hoping avoid all streamer realms, as they will likely be extremely unbalanced faction wise and may play a part in the economy/monopoly of things. Hopefully rolling a PVE server will solidify that aspiration.

Streamer privilege is bothersome.

Nothing against Asmongold, he's an alright dude. Funny, hardworking, inteligent.

His streaming persona can get a bit obnoxious, but when you spend enough time in hardcore raiding scene, you'll notice a lot of people are just like his persona. So it's nothing out of ordinary for wow.

But what I absolutely can't stand are his wannabe fans, desperately being obnoxious to match their streaming hero. And his server is gonna be chock full of those young retards.

So that's a big NO from me.

Dropped by Asmon's stream today. He's a right wing fucklord.

He and most of his chat/followers just want to be assholes, and hate anything that holds them back from being assholes.

I don't want to be anywhere near him or his goons, and will actively avoid rolling on his server.
    This says a whole lot more about your politics than it does about Asmon's

I hope you enjoy "invite to asmon layer" spam in chat if you roll on that realm. And have fun when layering gets removed and you have to play with him and his drones. Glad we dont have any big streamers in my region.

Everyone should boycott alliance on this server and all roll horde to get him to leave the server/game.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusDisco View Post
    Stop hating on Asmon, he is a great dude, but his fans can be some edgy gnomes.
    The issue i have with asmongold is that he has his own oppinion and everybody else who don't share his view is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkmf86 View Post

But yeah, don't blame the streamer.
    True, to a degree. I don't blame him for the extremes that come out of his fan base, but he built that environment. When you condone or fail to disavow "toxic" behavior, that's what happens. It's not a coincidence that his followers are so immature.

There are plenty of WoW streamers with big fan bases that disavow bad behavior, which leads to decent/mature followers.

Pretty sure I'm going to avoid streamers servers

7+ Year Old Account
    While I like watching Asmongold I wouldn't roll on his server or any other large streamers due to faction imbalance, population concerns, and toxicity

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank fuck Im EU, I'd actively work to avoid being on his server.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I love PvE and most of these streamers are PvPers so I get to avoid all their shit. I am hyped for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oleander89 View Post
    This says a whole lot more about your politics than it does about Asmon's
    No, It doesn't. Avoiding cancerous communities should be commended. They are the type of people who ruin the experience for literally everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by WintertodtChat View Post
    You do realise he earns enough money to easily afford a house. He chooses to live with his mother to look after her since she's unwell or something.
    This is pretty much the only decent thing about the dude. Sadly, +90% of his followers are just like him except they aren't taking care of their sick mom.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dropped by Asmon's stream today. He's a right wing fucklord.

He and most of his chat/followers just want to be assholes, and hate anything that holds them back from being assholes.

I don't want to be anywhere near him or his goons, and will actively avoid rolling on his server.
    i didn't get the right wing fucklord vibe from him. after watching a few of his vids/streams yeah he is very passionate about wow and is a bit arrogant but i wouldn't flat out call him a dick. his followers though....... yeah, they are a bit much

5+ Year Old Account
    So I have to wait for them to chose a server to avoid those servers.

Boooooo hope they release the server names soon.