Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    enjoy your eye damage lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Why so angry? I saw 2 for that one post, I did just skim quickly and you said 2-3 so maybe you should get your numbers straight too.

The whole post is sarcastic. I hope you were purposely trying to be stupid because not everyone moves up when different tech is available.
    Again - learn to count. I know it's hard, but I really do believe in you.

Quote Originally Posted by 420 NoScope View Post
    I found an old CRT monitor in my local charity shop, and I thought I would get it, it would really go well with my Classic WoW experience, I was just wondering if anyone else was doing the same?
    That would be quite a step back as I had moved beyond CRT a couple years before wow came out.

Awww shiiit. I gotta go grab one real quick. 30 pounds of AWESOME coming right up!!!

I have plenty of memories of raiding MC while I was pretending to be asleep and having to afk during raid when someone walked by my door.

Yikes. Of course not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 420 NoScope View Post
    I found an old CRT monitor in my local charity shop, and I thought I would get it, it would really go well with my Classic WoW experience, I was just wondering if anyone else was doing the same?
    hope you have your dial up, ol stuck mech keyboard, and ball mouse ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I've got my Athlon 64 3400+ / X800XL / 1GB Corsair Value Ram system READY TO GO!

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Lookup a Sony FW900 CRT monitor. If you can find one in a grade A or grade B, they're as good or better than any LCD panel you can buy. They would give Classic an amazing nostalgia feel if that is what you're going for.

A company I used to work for, refurbished them and would sell them for $4,000 a pop to Pixar and other digital media companies. It was always odd to me they were still using those over newer LCDs.
    The Cadillac of monitors.

You guys are nuts lol. I played open beta and all of Vanilla on a Dell XPS gaming laptop with full HD screen, not much different of an experience from today. This is 2004 we’re talking about, not 1984 or whenever I bought by last CRT monitor.

Great idea. While you're at it, switch from Broadband to Dial-up. That'll give you a more "authentic experience".

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    When I was in junior high and playing WoW I used to have to take a 5m break right before Golemagg every raid night where I would turn the monitor off, pretend to go to bed, then sneak back to the computer with all the lights off and continue playing. Then when my T1 robes finally dropped after months of farming I shouted in triumph, alerted my parents to my ruse, and had to go to bed.

But god damn the dreams were sweet that night.
    Every so often a post makes all the wasted hours trolling these forums worthwhile.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

CRT monitor for Classic? Come on.. seriously? How stupid can you be :O
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

My PC back in the days was so shit that I can not believe wow was even playable. I had 128 MB SD-RAM at the start of WoW and a 700 Mhz Pentium 3 processor. If I wanted to fly somewhere I had 1-2 fps and saw basicly nothing on minimum settings. I updated really quick within the classic lifespan tho.

Do I want to go back to this? No I don't think so. I still can not believe I really played like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Im debating to move back in with my parents, and have them yell at me its a school night and I cant stay up to play with "those online people".

For the total experience.

"If you don't come down to eat with us right now, we will turn off the internet!"

good times

I am canceling my fiber and will be setting up a 0.5mbit adsl connection for a proper vanilla experience.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Even back then I had an LCD screen so no.

Yeah I will.
    I also opted for an ISDN service to get my network speeds down to 2004 era.
    Gonna enjoy this game with 0.5MBps Down, and 0.2MBps Up.

0/10

CRT monitors were long gone in 2004-2005

I'm going to rewind time so I'm 12 again. #nochanges