Poll: The requirements...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's fine…
    I only Need the 3 time gating Achievements now.
    My biggest issue is the riddle solving one because it's pure RNG what Color and difficulty you get on your world quests. i still need 2 green ones and i haven't had a green box since literally 3 weeks. That's annoying.

I like it. Better than Mechagon. I think instead of just random zone drop mounts in future expansions each zone should have a meta like this that rewards a mount.

The puzzle one is BS though. That's way too random.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Honestly, I would have put the Rusted version of the bicycle, and a different mount (maybe a blue crab?) for a lesser half-way achievement, and then the main mounts for this achievement.

IMO, they overkilled the achievement to the point that it just doesn't feel like the juice is worth the squeeze. I'd imagine there's already a drop-off in people doing the content as they CBA to keep doing this, even for a pretty mount (for the mechagon one especially, there's a mob-drop version of the mount anyway).

If they had a midway point achievement that seemed more reasonable, people could work towards that, and then from there the full proper achievement might seem more in reach.
    It's a mount that does the same thing as other mounts. The juice is never worth the squeeze.

There are literally hundreds of mounts in the game. I think it's fine for some of them to require longer term investment and work. Like Purple protodrake. Not every mount needs to be readily accessible to everyone.

It's 90 straight days of 3 dailies per day. That's a huuuuuge grind. If you think it's OK, you're welcome to your opinion but I am truly not enjoying it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually pretty fine with the length it'll take to get it. It is long, but I like when non rep/drop mounts have a decent challenge attached. It makes me more invested/attached to it, since I worked so hard to get it. Plus I like that not every unique/interesting mount is reliant on how much gold you have or RNG-sus. More rewards for different modes of play, I say!
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Challenge? What challenge? It's just a long grind. There's nothing challenging about it.

can't be bothered to level up 2 more followers to 30. got burnt out on those dailies pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's 90 straight days of 3 dailies per day. That's a huuuuuge grind. If you think it's OK, you're welcome to your opinion but I am truly not enjoying it.
    Agreed.

Actually I don't know which zone meta is worse, this stupid boring spin cycle, or the Paragon RNG gating and reactive Data Anomaly nerfs (SHOULDA DONE THAT LAUNCH DAY, YOU'RE FUCKED NOW!) over in Mechanon.

They both suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Challenge? What challenge? It's just a long grind. There's nothing challenging about it.
    This. /10chars

2 missing minigames were up for puzzle performer in the last 24 hours, we are down to one missing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it is a good achievement - sure it takes time but the reward is worth it. plus it's done by basically playing the game. I myself am 3 achieves away; the follower one, the Mardivas one and Puzzle Performer (need easy green and medium blue - neither of which have been up yet) but I am sure they will spawn before I finish the Mardivas one

But does the crab fly? No, I don't think so.

I really like the idea of having meta achievements like these.
    Hoping we will see it for all new zones going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me I'll say they're overboard requirements but really there is nothing wrong with more exclusive mounts. I already decided I won't be trying for the mount because the time investment is just not worth it for me. I can't even bring myself to grind out exalted since I got flying.

I would have been just fine with an easier meta achievement and a less exclusive mount because I stopped caring about exclusivity awhile ago but if its gonna stay that way I'm not going to complain.

Yes but not by much. Mechagon one is much worse to the point it's horrible.

I'm all for these kind of meta achievements but without too much RNG, which Mechagon has way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    I really like the idea of having meta achievements like these.
    Hoping we will see it for all new zones going forward.
    Hello.

Veteran of the Molten Front
    Stormbreaker
    Rumble in the Jungle

PS none of these was this long, "strict" and this rng-y. And then Mechagon "holdmybeer!-s" the whole thing.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-08-07 at 04:30 PM.

Bottom line is, it takes long (in days) but the work you need to invest in it is not demanding / time consuming.

I think it's a fair criticism that people compare it to other achievement reward mounts and in comparison to that the Nazjatar one really is harder/takes more time, but when compared to mounts such as the ones from IEs it's still nothing. People are going 1000+ expeditions only having 1 or 2 of those mounts, or sometimes not at all.

Even if we look at 1% raid drops mounts, such as GMOD from BoD, you should realistically expect about 150 attempts before you get it, which means 15 weeks of lfr with 10 characters, so that's already more than 3 months, and you can still get unlucky and it can take longer.

So yeah the requirements might be crazy in comparison to past world content based, achievement reward mounts, but it's nowhere near some other craziness there is in game, which we all love.

You don't need 150 kills to "realistically" get a 1% mount. You have a cumulative 50% chance at 70 kills, where you're more likely to get it than not. Of course you could fail to get a 1% drop 1000 times and then get it the next 10 in a row, it's an independent chance.

But yes, the Nazjatar grind has zero RNG, which is great. It's still a long ass grind though, and that sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not too bad, I have most of the achievements for it done barring the ones that require daily/weekly stuff: Puzzle, Experiments and Level the other two followers to 30 (30, 12, 6 who's bright idea was it to not offer any rewards or some way to share buffs for the last 10 level ups >.<) and the Murloc shooing achievement and five or so rares to kill still. I agree that the Mechagon meta is definitely worse because of the rare drop blueprints especially from the driller rares.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

But yes, the Nazjatar grind has zero RNG, which is great. It's still a long ass grind though, and that sucks.
    Likely because this was intended to be the RNG one https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=...-bag-youve-got and they removed it. Though I guess Rockweed Shambler is enough RNG hell on its own.

Flopping Fish would have been Paragon boxes, and a few other crazy ones in there. I think they were planning to ship it live like that because of the existence of the Mardiva bag, but decided against it at the last minute because of previous player sentiments towards the the previous bigger bag achievements.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-08-08 at 03:52 PM.