Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which RTX 2060 should I buy?

I am going to buy one, so should I just go for the cheapest one? What would you recommend otherwise? I have no clue about hardware stuff, so simple answers pls.

10+ Year Old Account
    EVGA has the best warranty, but tend to be a bit expensive, so if you plan on tinkering with the card in any way, go with EVGA.

Outside of that, just go with a brand whose name you recognize

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    EVGA has the best warranty, but tend to be a bit expensive, so if you plan on tinkering with the card in any way, go with EVGA.

Outside of that, just go with a brand whose name you recognize
    Is MSI Ventus whatever good? It's very cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Is MSI Ventus whatever good? It's very cheap.
    It should be fine. Might run a bit hotter and louder than other cards, but there shouldn't be any issues with performance

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay away from MSI Armor series and don't buy anything with only 1 fan, that's a pretty good rule to follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Stay away from MSI Armor series and don't buy anything with only 1 fan, that's a pretty good rule to follow.
    Armor cards aren't actually that bad, unless they're trying to cool a 1080ti with them (Which they just aren't cut out for).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Armor cards aren't actually that bad, unless they're trying to cool a 1080ti with them (Which they just aren't cut out for).
    The Armor heatsink is pretty poorly constructed imo. I think there's a newer version, like Armor v2 or something? That one's alright but the original model isn't something I'd recommend.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Armor heatsink is pretty poorly constructed imo. I think there's a newer version, like Armor v2 or something? That one's alright but the original model isn't something I'd recommend.
    It did fine on the 580 and 1060's though, would be fine for a 2060 too. It only became a problem when they for some reason slapped it on a 1080ti where it promptly overheated. At that point you might as well just sell a bare PCB..

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I tend to like Gigabyte... I havent ever ran into any problems with their products ever. There are some @ newegg for 350-400 range...

I am going to buy one, so should I just go for the cheapest one? What would you recommend otherwise? I have no clue about hardware stuff, so simple answers pls.
    I've had my last desktop and laptop prebuilt by pcspecilist (was cheaper than building it myself fml) they use the "Zotac" brand. My desktop is a 1080ti and this laptop a 2070 MaxQ,

Online Zotac seems to be cheaper for their cards, I've had no issues what so ever with any of my rigs with it

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    I tend to like Gigabyte... I havent ever ran into any problems with their products ever. There are some @ newegg for 350-400 range...
    Hmm I'd say ASUS are top personally, I've used nothing but ASUS in past builds but recently built a 2nd system for my son using all Gigabyte parts and I have to say it's no where near the quality of ASUS...rattling fans on the GFX card and then the clunky motherboard bios and the crappy software.

Each to their own I guess though.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Gary View Post
    Hmm I'd say ASUS are top personally, I've used nothing but ASUS in past builds but recently built a 2nd system for my son using all Gigabyte parts and I have to say it's no where near the quality of ASUS...rattling fans on the GFX card and then the clunky motherboard bios and the crappy software.

Each to their own I guess though.
    Well i never said top or best.. Just said its good and reasonably priced...

Its electronics things tend to wear differently for no reason... My current board is an ASUS ROG but it keeps throwing temp errors at boot randomly. And I dont even nor have I ever OC'd the components.

I have the 2070 armor from last year, even with max power limits and max oc my temps never go above 68c and i live in a tropical country with no AC. =/

I found this video helpful when I was trying to figure out which 2060 was best bang for the buck.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Yeah i have the 2070 armor OC card from last year too, only issue i had was the normal early RTX issues, 2nd card works fine.

Temps are below 70c in games and thats with messed airflow for cpu reasons.

For OP, helped mate build a budget gaming pc with some old parts i had, he brought a GPU, he got the msi 2060 ventus, it was the cheapest.
    Definitely runs hotter than my 2070, but it works just fine. He was playing Anthem too which i believe is known to cause a lot of heat? Not too sure about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    RTX 2060 isn't in a great spot at the moment. It's overpriced for what it offers. I'd get one of the aftermarket 5700 series cards coming out very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    RTX 2060 isn't in a great spot at the moment. It's overpriced for what it offers. I'd get one of the aftermarket 5700 series cards coming out very soon.
    Which brand or version should I specifically buy for 5700 and it's not already out? I have no clue what aftermarket means in this case.

Aftermarket in this case I believe refers to the partner board versions: gigabyte, evga, and msi
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I prefer 3 fan GPUs as when coupled with a Noctua heatsink and intake/outtake fans, the system is basically silent even under full load. But make sure your card has at least two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which brand or version should I specifically buy for 5700 and it's not already out? I have no clue what aftermarket means in this case.
    Aftermarket means the board partner cards, for AMD this is: Sapphire, Powercolor, XFX, Asrock, MSI, Asus, Gigabyte.
    The only version of the RX 5700 and 5700XT that are yet on the market is the reference design by AMD.
    The partner's own designs will be releasing next week.

RX 5700 is faster than RTX 2060, so you might wanna wait and see how the pricing of the partner cards ends up.