Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yep. That's one of the things I love about vanilla.

In retail, class balance swings like a fucking pendulum. You might be good in one patch and bottom-tier in the next patch.

In vanilla, class balance is set in stone and you can plan around that. Everything will be the same, no massive changes every few months.
    Yeah, and that sucks, because the differences between the specs are ridiculously notable, not as today when it only matters when it comes to the world first races, otherwise you can play whatever you like.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think the thing I am mostly looking forward too about Classic, is that sense of community the game once had. Of course I don't like Vanilla because well.. Half the specs didn't really work, but whatever. Because of the patch we are starting on. things should be a bit balanced, that and if it's successful we may get TBC and Wrath servers (Of course seperated) Cause classic can't last forever. I'm more looking forward to the rp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Of course I don't like Vanilla because well.. Half the specs didn't really work
    But the thing about vanilla classes is that "specs" are just extensions of the class as a whole. It's not like retail where every single spec plays completely different from the other specs. Your talents don't really give you many new abilities, they just empower and improve the baseline aspects of the class.

A Marksman Hunter will play mostly the same as a Beast Mastery hunter. A Combat Rogue will play mostly the same as a Subtlety Rogue. A druid's Bear Form will have the same abilities regardless of what spec the druid is. etc. etc.

When it comes to world content, PvP and 5mans, there are no specs that "don't work". It's only when you get to raids that certain specs like Prot Paladin become wholly unviable, and hybrid class DPS becomes vastly inferior to pures.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2019-08-08 at 01:44 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    But the thing about vanilla classes is that "specs" are just extensions of the class as a whole. It's not like retail where every single spec plays completely different from the other specs. Your talents don't really give you many new abilities, they just empower and improve the baseline aspects of the class.

A Marksman Hunter will play mostly the same as a Beast Mastery hunter. A Combat Rogue will play mostly the same as a Subtlety Rogue. A druid's Bear Form will have the same abilities regardless of what spec the druid is. etc. etc.

When it comes to world content, PvP and 5mans, there are no specs that "don't work". It's only when you get to raids that certain specs like Prot Paladin become wholly unviable, and hybrid class DPS becomes vastly inferior to pures.
    I see your point.. I just am not a fan of how some of the specs are kinda useless. I am still gonna play Classic since I never got to play Vanilla. and the Prot pallies is kinda my point. They don't get a taunt (From what I was told) Paladins were mainly buffers, and occasional healers. I like the idea of them being support, buuut who wants to raid and be someones "Buff Bitch".. Come to think of it.. Free ride! Free gear? Sure why not. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I see your point.. I just am not a fan of how some of the specs are kinda useless. I am still gonna play Classic since I never got to play Vanilla. and the Prot pallies is kinda my point. They don't get a taunt (From what I was told) Paladins were mainly buffers, and occasional healers. I like the idea of them being support, buuut who wants to raid and be someones "Buff Bitch".. Come to think of it.. Free ride! Free gear? Sure why not. xD
    Paladins are not "buffers", you're thinking of very early pre-1.9 vanilla

in 1.12, paladins are arguably the best healers.