Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They don't deserve any of the hate. Saying they do is the exact opposite of acting like an adult. Why should they treat customers like an adult when they all act like children. The company owes people exactly nothing but noooooooo, gamers are so entitled that it is an outrage when a company doesn't do what they want. How about the gaming community grow the fuck up and act with their wallets. The only thing companies understand.
    The devs are acting like children, so because those devs acted like children following your logic we should treat all devs like children. There are also some devs that have done a lot of unsavory acts, does that mean you should treat all of them like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The dev posted many messages that he got saying that they'll rape his wife, if they see him in person they'll smash his head into the ground, so on and so forth.
    I am aware, and that I staunchly oppose. However, it's also been expanding from there to define what is threatening, with the help of clickbait articles, even the devs said they're getting the sort of calling them useless and reacting all the same.

I believe it is partial to the community. Shit, I had death threats on my FB when I had it cause opinions don't align. At the same time, they also swat the beehive that was already plenty agitated, which wasn't a good play when you're already being bombarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaundiced View Post
    Chances are they were made by Epic or someone affiliated with Ooblet. The gaming community is pretty bad but not that bad. Like yourself, I really believe this is a hoax to paint themselves the victims when they really started all of this. Gamers have nothing to gain with these fake posts while Epic and Ooblet need some serious damage control. It’s obvious.
    Victim blaming? Really?

The worst dregs of the gaming community are worse, far worse. Swatting, death threats, spam harassment, etc. This is depressingly unsurprising.

Gamers have nothing to gain from the fake posts? You're right. But they also have nothing to gain from the endless harassment directed at all kinds of gaming personalities, developers, publishers, and members of the media...but they still do it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yes, there is no doubt. Gamers whine about everything and even on the things they are rightfully complaining about like Microtransactions in single player games as an example, they still throw around death threats and the like towards individual game developers. It's fucking ridiculous.

People are actually threatening the developers of Ooblets because of the game store that it's going to be on. Absolutely atrocious.
    people don't want to be forced onto a platform that is broken and still has many issues, such as privacy concerns, they sent out people's data to random people in emails, and the more recent issue where people's games just disappeared and they told most of them "tough luck, buy it again."

To continue the analogy of farming, you are as important to the "gaming industry" as a cow is to agriculture.

The farmer puts in all the work, the farmer manages it all.
    Just like the devs and companies do. Our spot is only to pay or don't pay.

Again, as I've said several times now and you avoid it, to think you're on a even field as the devs in importance is just arrogant and extremely naïve to how much work and effort they put into their passion.
    If a game does not sell well (enough) to cover for it's development costs, then it's by definition: A failed project. Gamers/consumers determine such sales. A farmer does NOT sell a product to their cows. They use THEM to make the some of their products. Your analogy does not make sense here.

"Becoming"? They have been for years; in fact, toxicity among gaming communities is probably the worst it has ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    If a game does not sell well (enough) to cover for it's development costs, then it's by definition: A failed project. Gamers/consumers determine such sales. A farmer does NOT sell a product to their cows. They use THEM to make the some of their products. Your analogy does not make sense here.
    You're being far too literal, but oh well.

It still does not change that consumers are not nearly as involved as the devs are, nor is it right to try to claim you're just as important because you spend money, while they dedicate their life to making the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious. Epic sucks, no 1 wants to use it. They can take their holier than thou bullshit and shove it. They aren't some kind of saints, they are just trying to bank on gamers like everyone else under the guise of giving more revenue to developers. Epic can continue grabbing exclusives and people will just wait for them to drop on steam or simply not play them. A few will cave and use epic if they really like the game, that's fine. It's the same with origin, cancerous fucking trash that doesn't even work most the time, but some people use it to play BF.

Everyone seemed to survive just fine with valve for eons until epic came along and started spewing doom and gloom and how devs are getting oh so raped. Fuck off I'll stick to steam thx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Epic says gaming communities are becoming too toxic, down right abusive.

Do you think they have a legit grievance?
    Becoming too toxic is an understatement

You're being far too literal, but oh well.

It still does not change that consumers are not nearly as involved as the devs are, nor is it right to try to claim you're just as important because you spend money, while they dedicate their life to making the game
    they are just as important if they helped crowd fund it and got lied to about where the game was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Most people don't give a shit about using it or not, the majority just wants to play video games and doesn't give a shit about this sort of stuff.
    Can you both stop speaking in absolutes? Also, It's pretty shady that Epic offers devs guarenteed unit sales instead of flat money for exclusivity, which points to their games not doing well on EGS so they get to pump up fake numbers as a way of showing "success". Very shady stuff. Should honestly be illegal, putting out fake numbers to drum up interest based on lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Can you both stop speaking in absolutes? Also, It's pretty shady that Epic offers devs guarenteed unit sales instead of flat money for exclusivity, which points to their games not doing well on EGS so they get to pump up fake numbers as a way of showing "success". Very shady stuff. Should honestly be illegal, putting out fake numbers to drum up interest based on lies.
    I don't think that's quite how it works...They're not "faking" sales by any means, I imagine they're footing the bill for the revenue related to the minimum sales required to recoup costs.

you can't fake sales like that, that's illegal.

Enough is enough. The day epic falls is the day i celebrate with cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Exclusivity has always been in PC gaming.

Most of what Blizzard has made was exclusive to PC for example. The original fallout games are exclusive to PC.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/newrepl...ply&p=51466632
    That's just two examples. You act like PC gaming hasn't had its exclusive titles when it has.
    So be able to used on any pc hardware is 'exclusive' now ? i can literally form 5 different pcs for same price
    exclusive is like what u have on ps4, only 1 company manufacturer it, so if u want to play on ps4, the only way is to pay sony to play it
    now if u want to play wow, can u even list how many companies u can pay to play it ? u really call that exclusive when i literally can't even list how many different pc component producer companies are out there in world ? how is that exclusive ?
    console IS exclusive, there are 3 console companies done, and a game is usually exclusive to one device only produced by 1 single company in entire world (usually by its chineese cheap labor branch), blizz make a pc game, u can play it on Thermaltake (yes that the company that made my pc), or dell, or Lenovo, or Alienware, or whatever u want, that is exact opposite of exclusive
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Epic says gaming communities are becoming too toxic, down right abusive.

Do you think they have a legit grievance?
    in other words water is wet
    literally everything on earth is getting more divisive, not just gaming, both gaming companies are more greedy than ever (including epic) and customers are lashing out and getting verbal even more
    give them 10 years and they will grow and understand how real life works
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Victim blaming? Really?

The worst dregs of the gaming community are worse, far worse. Swatting, death threats, spam harassment, etc. This is depressingly unsurprising.

Gamers have nothing to gain from the fake posts? You're right. But they also have nothing to gain from the endless harassment directed at all kinds of gaming personalities, developers, publishers, and members of the media...but they still do it anyways.
    The worst dregs of the mods are worse, far worse. Pretty sure making somebody unable to do anything and removing them entirely from a place is worse than any words. The only time to really ever worry about 'death threats' and 'harassment(Which, online harassment you can literally just turn off or close your eyes).' is when they post your private information to make it legitimate.
    Last edited by Ahlae; 2019-08-07 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    The only time to really ever worry about 'death threats' and 'harassment(Which, online harassment you can literally just turn off or close your eyes).' is when they post your private information to make it legitimate.
    When you're on the receiving end of hundreds of nasty messages directed at you personally, by your name, through multiple social media channels let me know about how "easy" it is to turn off. Especially when you still need to use those channels to communicate with actual fans that aren't harassing you.

This is a terrible, no good excuse that's tacitly defending harassment.

When you're on the receiving end of hundreds of nasty messages directed at you personally, by your name, through multiple social media channels let me know about how "easy" it is to turn off. Especially when you still need to use those channels to communicate with actual fans that aren't harassing you.

This is a terrible, no good excuse that's tacitly defending harassment.
    Sure - I do it by not antagonizing the people and then playing the victim card, and doubling down even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    Sure - I do it by not antagonizing the people and then playing the victim card, and doubling down even further.
    Ironically that's what every other team that took EGS exclusivity did.

Sure, people weren't happy about those cases, but if you'll note the difference, all those other teams did their announcement politely, and they've received nowhere near the level of vitriol that this team did.

Uh...publishers have full control over the price of their titles on Steam. If they didn't want to deeply discount games, they never had to. Valve doesn't control pricing, though they may give guidance based on their experience.

I'm not sure how you're connecting this to the EGS though.
    The flash sales (and those were those big 90% off sales) disappeared because Publishers didn't like it that people waited with their purchases for a chance to get the game even cheaper. Thats why steam removed them.

The connection to the EGS? Well Publishers don't like discounts and Epics caters primary to Publishers. So how do you think that will play out if they manage to establish themselves?