Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Did we talk NRA?

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/poli...outputType=amp

So shall we talk about the irony of Lapierre wanting a safe house after a mass shooting. Yes I know it was fear of some anti-gun person who would shoot him I guess?

Also you silly, silly NRA members. Your dues going to a $6 million mansion. You deserve it and never bitch about wasteful union dues without remembering this.
    So glad that group is circling the drain.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...864962561?s=19

Dems better run with this. Go as far as 'Trump supports terrorism'. Am I going too far? Pfft. Republicans would run this into the ground.
    They won't. They're too soft. Trump deserves every nasty "cheapshot" flung at him though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump considers commuting the sentence of Rod Blagojevich, given 14 years for selling a Senate seat.

He’s been in jail for seven years over a phone call where nothing happens — over a phone call which he shouldn’t have said what he said, but it was braggadocio you would say. I would think that there have been many politicians — I’m not one of them by the way — that have said a lot worse over the telephone.
    "What did he say?"

I've got this thing, and it's f------ golden. I'm just not giving it up for f------ nothing
    Blagojevich was convicted by a jury of his peers and given 14 years, 7 years ago.

"So Trump just likes corruption. Awesome."

Trump also said it was because he likes Blagojevich's wife. Oh, and Blagojevich was on Celebrity Apprentice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Within 24 hours:

"I don't exist either"
    -- Kimberly Breier

Breier was Secretary of State for the Western Hemisphere, and as such, the top US diplomat to Central and South America. She resigned suddenly for personal reasons. They might have included being yelled at by Team Trump for not supporting their "put children in dog cages until they die" policy harder. Apparently, she got an email from Miller (who has zero authority) just before she decided she was done working for Trump.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Assuming they're prosecuted at all, given that in both cases the person who would ordinarily be prosecuted is no more, has ceased to be, has expired and gone to meet his maker, is a stiff, bereft of life rests in peace, is pushing up the daises, has curled up his tootsies, has shuffled off this mortal coil, has fucking snuffed it, and as such all statements as to the going concern of the shooter are from now on inoperative.
    Well, that is a solid point. Having no one to prosecute really limits the abilities of the state authorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, you saw this coming. Admit it.

What's left of the NRA warns Trump not to pass any background check bill, taking shots (hah) at the bill's meritc.

"What bill? You like linking things on official dot-gov sites."

Yeah...see, I'm not sure. There is an HR 8 on the topic, but that's been sitting idle since Feb 27. I kind of assumed recent talk would lead to a new, different bill, and while such has been discussed none has been written. I guess we're talking about this six-month-old bill, then.

Now the funny part is how Sen. Toomey, yes a Republican from Pennsylvania a state he barely won, is playing this.

I told him, we don’t expect the NRA to be supportive. Mr. President, in all honesty, when you did the bump stocks, they weren’t for you. They were against that, too. You didn’t take any hit on that
    That's not Toomey saying "this is the right thing to do". This is Toomey saying "this won't hurt your numbers". This is Toomey playing Trump's ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Over two hundred mayors sign a letter asking the Senate to return and vote on either of the bills McConnell sat on since February. So, yeah, it's not a new piece of legislation.

"Mr. Trump reacted with fury. As his plane soared toward a restive El Paso, he shouted at aides that no one was defending him, according to a person briefed on what took place." via @maggienyt https://t.co/aGwXweS8MM
    https://twitter.com/tackettdc/status...502211075?s=19

Seems legit.

Trump didn't care about the victims or at least he cared more about him and how he looked.

He attacked the Dayton Mayor and Senator Brown when they stated nothing negatively about the Dayton visit. He tweeted Beto on the way to El Paso, once again after just leaving shooting victims..

White House didn't want press on hospital visit as they stated they didn't want to turn it into a photo op. That is understandable, yet later they release photos, some cringeworrhy and a video that looked more campaign than anything else.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    So that's another Ambassador quitting after the one in Russia found he couldn't maintain his position there properly.

Guess the trump admin will go in the history books as the one with the most replacements needed. Says a lot about how proud people are of their country once trump took office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump tweets, because of course he did, about...yes, this is apparently worth his time and attention, it's not like the Oval Office has other things to handle...about the guests CNN have had on.

Specifically, Tim O'Brien.

"Who's that?"

You know more about him than you think. O'Brein is important for a few reasons.

1) O'Brein wrote a book on Trump, including multiple interviews Trump allowed O'Brein to have, in 2005, after being a reporter in NYC for 15 years (reporting on Trump many times in that span).

2) In that book, O'Brein was the first of what would be many who reported Trump's net worth was far, far lower than he claimed. Trump allowed O'Brein to see some financial documents which told O'Brein nothing (similar to, say, hiding your tax returns but showing fiscal disclosure forms which have far less information). As a result of O'Brein reporting Trump's much lower net worth, Trump sued for $5 billion dollars.

3) It was also O'Brein, or more specifically, Trump suing O'Brein led to the famous statement under oath that his net worth was based on his feelings. Not facts.

He also admitted, under oath, that he'd never tell a reporter he wasn't doing well.

The lawsuit was in 2007, between Trump's fifth and sixth bankruptcies (that's Trump Entertainment Resorts and the Taj Majal, if you're keeping score).

The lawsuit was unsuccessful.

Trump's attacks at midnight, of course, don't reference these because Trump would rather you forgot the time he admitted he wasn't rich, because he was forced by the law to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems legit.
    Less and less each day.

But yes, throw this in the pile (including my recent post) of attacking Biden, Beto, the two Ohio hosts in Dayton, and FOX News on the same day in which he said his rhetoric brings people together, and we shouldn't be politicking today.

Less and less each day.

But yes, throw this in the pile (including my recent post) of attacking Biden, Beto, the two Ohio hosts in Dayton, and FOX News on the same day in which he said his rhetoric brings people together, and we shouldn't be politicking today.
    Oh, fore sure!

I forgot that Trump's spokes people reply was they were upset that the Mayor and Brown didn't say 'How happy they were all were to see the President'. Again a narcassist wants you to know how happy you are to see him, not the grieving.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    So...this is funny.

As we all know, "Moscow" Mitch McConnell (trending!) has personally blocked election security bills. Recently. Even after Mueller's testimony. And it was a matter of time before those actions were shoved up his shell the wrong way.

The funny part is who did it.

Wanna see the video?

"That's a group called Republicans for the Rule of Law."

Yes. Yes it is.

We can't count on Trump for election security. And Mitch McConnell is blocking the Senate from even considering bipartisan election security legislation. Enough.
    The ad aired on FOX News, amongst other places Trump is known to watch while in "executive time".

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...864962561?s=19

Dems better run with this. Go as far as 'Trump supports terrorism'. Am I going too far? Pfft. Republicans would run this into the ground.
    They lost the right to complain when they started claiming Obama started ISIS

10+ Year Old Account
    Reports are now in showing that China has imported millions of barrels of Iranian oil since Trump unilaterally ended the Iran Nuclear Deal. Oh, and Syria's importing most of the rest.

Supposedly, China's not using the oil, they're just stockpiling it. Hmm. Hey @Skroe for what reasons might China (specifically) import and store a bunch of oil?

Anyhow, this move -- flat-out ignoring the US -- is based on (this is my conjecture by the way) China and Syria knowing Trump will do nothing about it. Trump's not just afraid of China, he knows making a move on this will bring the Chinese trade deal from -9 hp to actually dead. He also ceded Syria to Russia ages ago. Considering Trump has barely moved on the sanctions he signed, crying like a bitch, it seems safe to assume he won't move on Russia here, either. Hell, I'm still surprised he moved on Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reports are now in showing that China has imported millions of barrels of Iranian oil since Trump unilaterally ended the Iran Nuclear Deal. Oh, and Syria's importing most of the rest.

Supposedly, China's not using the oil, they're just stockpiling it. Hmm. Hey @Skroe for what reasons might China (specifically) import and store a bunch of oil?

Anyhow, this move -- flat-out ignoring the US -- is based on (this is my conjecture by the way) China and Syria knowing Trump will do nothing about it. Trump's not just afraid of China, he knows making a move on this will bring the Chinese trade deal from -9 hp to actually dead. He also ceded Syria to Russia ages ago. Considering Trump has barely moved on the sanctions he signed, crying like a bitch, it seems safe to assume he won't move on Russia here, either. Hell, I'm still surprised he moved on Venezuela.
    Hazarding a guess.
    2 part, one it floats Iran so they can survive Trump's "maximum pressure" attempt with a bonus of if the trade war drags on, they can start dumping that oil to make US shale drop below the profitability line. That would put even more pressure on Trump domestically.

They can make him look worse in foreign policy, trade policies, and domestic policy.

Probably to prevent a supply disruption.

Anyway, I'm glad there isn't a deal with China. Drawing an end to our trade relationship with them means, by definition, no deal ever.

Weaponizing the China-US New Cold War against Trump is to put short term priorities against longer term imperatives we absolutely cannot screw up on. The US needs to find itself unable to compromise with China on many issues. Only then will there be sufficient enduring incentive to build an exclusionary trade/security domain that has legs, and won't be undone by the next Democrat who looks that the New Cold War's price tag and gets cold feet, or the next Republican who tries to engage in Trump-style American-first nonsense.

The default position of folks strictly focused on trade relations is that the status quo ante was desirable and that there should be some kind of deal to get back to that. I think that's deluded and looks at things purely through the money domain. Once again, we need to (and are to) prioritize geopolitical power and position over trade benefits. Knocking China to its knees is more important than cheap TVs for Americans.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/l...l-anthem-trump

An attorney for a man who attacked a minor for wearing a hat during the national anthem so aggressively that he cracked the child’s skull said that his client thought he was acting on President Donald Trump’s orders.

Attorney Lance Jasper said that his client, Curt Brockway, has significant brain damage and took Trump’s rhetoric as guidance to slam a 13-year-old to the floor at a fairgrounds in Superior, Montana, according to the Missoulian.

“His commander in chief is telling people that if they kneel, they should be fired, or if they burn a flag, they should be punished,” Jasper said. “He certainly didn’t understand it was a crime.”

Brockway allegedly told the teen to remove the hat while the anthem played, to which the boy responded: “fuck you,” sparking Brockway’s attack.

Brockway was allegedly severely injured in a car accident and has impaired judgment as a result.

“Trump never necessarily says go hurt somebody, but the message is absolutely clear,” Jasper said. “I am certain of the fact that [Brockway] was doing what he believed he was told to do, essentially, by the president.”
    So the "Trump defense" comes into play for the second time following a violent attack.

Does anyone remember the last press briefing that was held by this administration? And I'm not talking about Trump spouting bullshit as he makes his way to or from the helicopter. And who is the current Press Secretary anyhow?

During a visit to the El Paso hospital treating victims of Saturday's mass shooting, President Trump talked about the crowd size that attended a rally he held in El Paso and mocked the small size of the crowd that joined Beto O'Rourke to protest the rally https://t.co/ib29Qa9qaw
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1159508329003192320?s=19

This guy is disgusting.

I found a link which goes to the KFOX14 News twitter feed but I cant find it on their page so I will link article.

WATCH: Video shows Trump bragging about rally crowd size while visiting El Paso hospital (link: http://hill.cm/k9XOu7j) hill.cm/k9XOu7j
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-08-08 at 05:45 PM.

Is there a press secretary? Or is that yet another acting position?

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Is there a press secretary? Or is that yet another acting position?
    There is, it's not a Senate approved position.

I guess her strategy is to straight up hide from and not engage with the press, because I've seen fuckall about her since she was appointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There is, it's not a Senate approved position.

I guess her strategy is to straight up hide from and not engage with the press, because I've seen fuckall about her since she was appointed.
    Probably a good strategy. She gets a paycheck, the resume padding, and no one knows what she looks like so she can find work after this administration ends.