Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They've regularly encrypted things like cinematics, mounts, pets and some other things but nothing on this scale yet.
    If you were to put the increase into %, how much would that be?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    If you were to put the increase into %, how much would that be?
    I mean, they tried to encrypt a map and all relating assets before and that failed terribly (Silithus sword in 7.3.5). This is a map mostly properly encrypted with a lot of DB references encrypted as well.

300% more encryption than we're used to?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    so what's the change as to why there's no data on broadcast text or voice lines? is EVERYTHING encrypted with no testing? that would seem a little risky to me, as we all know how mythic final bosses go after not being tested. I hope they accept that it's gonna get mined and let us test it.
    Yup. There might be some bugs, but at least it won't be spoiled beforehand unless they mess up.

Remember when we knew Nzoth was let out like... day two of 8.2 on the PTR? LOL

They probably don't want to do that again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    yes they said ... but it's almost the end of the expansion...and still nothing
    Probably because the drama is related to whatever happens near the end of this expansion. If Horde and Alliance team up there will definitely be drama coming from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I can't see any way it's NOT Alliance/Horde teamup vs Sylvanas.

That might be why it's not revealed by Blizzard: it would be a HUGE story beat as well as maybe a new mechanic (Alliance teaming up with Horde in PVE).

If Sylvanas does lose Orgrimmar, then the Loyalist path will have to end in this patch.

Going to guess: Alliance/Horde push through Durotar to get rid of Sylvanas, she was never there and it was all a ruse. She attacks Stormwind while everyone is distracted.
    They have in the past tested features in an expansion that have gone on to be major features in the next expansion. The farm in MoP became the garrison in WoD. So, maybe you are right. They are testing whatever faction merging tech they are working on with the end of BfA somehow.

I mean, they tried to encrypt a map and all relating assets before and that failed terribly (Silithus sword in 7.3.5). This is a map mostly properly encrypted with a lot of DB references encrypted as well.

300% more encryption than we're used to?
    Genuinely, it's quite nice and if they really manage to keep that secret until release, kudos to them.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

how about a conversation between Jaina and Anduin about Calia? or continuation conversation of Taelia and Anduin, or Tyrande and the future of elves, so much unfinished alliance storyline. Blizzard keep writing about evil horde vs good horde

The Alliance drama will consist of the player helping Anduin plan his good-boy wedding, while also handling all of the guests. This will culminate with Sylvanas executing her Master Plan, spiking the drinks and taking over Stormwind in the confusion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've regularly encrypted things like cinematics, mounts, pets and some other things but nothing on this scale yet.
    Between all the encryption and the abrupt changes to the embassies, something big is happening this patch.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Between all the encryption and the abrupt changes to the embassies, something big is happening this patch.
    Likely a bunch of lore figures getting scrambled around/maybe killed, hence them getting booted from the embassy.

They already said there will be Alliance drama, which could come from Stormwind getting destroyed and/or Night Elves leaving the Alliance after they help free Orgrimmar.
    I'm counting on (many of) the void elves being traitors. "The boy king serves at the master's table" because he allowed void-corrupted people into his ranks.

In the final patch, they'll play their hand and cause a Wrathgate-like.

My full theory is in my signature.
    Whatever...

Reading this only makes me more mad at the encryption.

The pandaren are clearly plotting a revolution by creating their own faction with all of the allied races

Or they're testing new encryption tech (was that the case Marl?), though I think they should be trying to encrypt as much with the story as possible. Though I'm not sure it'll ever get to a point where people aren't spoiled way in advance with this game

This PTR feels "trickier" than usual: Wrathion isn't even slated to appear in his quest, yet his model was datamined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I'm personally guessing that this is the patch that the Alliance/Horde war itself "ends" and Sylvanas is no longer the Horde Warchief, though likely not through her death or anything like that.

Especially with the embassy change, something is definitely up. Without a pair of Allied Races in this patch, there's no other real good reason to change up the embassies as they have. Even if a pair of Allied Races comes down the pipeline later, they still did little to nothing to the embassies before this point...so why now unless something big is on the way? And why the Pandaren of all races? They've been mostly peaceful thus far, yet neither Pandaren leader has really played a major role. I'm still not sure why Ji hasn't just hopped a portal to Stormwind and built a new life for himself with Aysa. Regardless, both seem like the most likely of the Race leaders to be kind and gentle with anyone that shows up on their doorstep.

This would seem thus far to back the theory that the final "Allied Races" of BfA will actually be the other Faction (Alliance races allying with Horde players, etc).

This PTR feels "trickier" than usual: Wrathion isn't even slated to appear in his quest, yet his model was datamined.
    Yeah, that's the only thing I've been wondering about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Agreed. I'm personally guessing that this is the patch that the Alliance/Horde war itself "ends" and Sylvanas is no longer the Horde Warchief, though likely not through her death or anything like that.

Especially with the embassy change, something is definitely up. Without a pair of Allied Races in this patch, there's no other real good reason to change up the embassies as they have.
    It might just be something as minor as Blizzard thinking, alright we need to remove Sylvanas from the Embassy in the future, so let's just do it now (just like the inclusion of the Wrathion model). The leaders being in multiple places in Org/SW was also kind of weird.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yeah, that's the only thing I've been wondering about.

- - - Updated - - -

It might just be something as minor as Blizzard thinking, alright we need to remove Sylvanas from the Embassy in the future, so let's just do it now (just like the inclusion of the Wrathion model). The leaders being in multiple places in Org/SW was also kind of weird.
    Or saying "We need to remove Sylvanas now, so to disguise it let's also remove Anduin. And we can take the opportunity to future-proof the embassies."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    The pandaren are clearly plotting a revolution by creating their own faction with all of the allied races
    "World of Warcraft - Warlords of Pandaria"

Formerly known as Arafal

I do like the change to the embassy though, not only does it make it more easy to work with in the future but it gives the Pandaren leaders a smart role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Perhaps, but Blizz has not exactly put forth extra effort to remove weird things like this in the past. Anyone leveling a Horde Allied Race has seen the mass confusion regarding what Warchief you have when that while weird has not really been addressed in game. Mekkatorque at this point (until 8.2.5) is also still in the Alliance Embassy, not encased in ice or anything like that.

It may well just be some innocent clean up and/or just getting Sylvanas out of there, but the way things have changed with so many leaders now gone from the embassy alongside all the encryption given Blizz's previous history on cleaning issues like this up IMO seem to hint at something pretty major.