Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

You can't play Classic and Retail simultaneously on the same account

As the title says, Blizzard put a restriction and you can't do your world quests while waiting for your UBRS group to be formed on classic.

Is it intended? Is it fair?
    Another outcry incoming?

your ubrs group wont just magically 'form' while everyone is afk doing world quests.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i could see it now

"alright, let's head to the instance"

*4/5 AFK in ironforge*: "can i get a summons?"

sounds like fun.

Why would anybody think playing simultaneously would be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Yeah i could see it now

sounds like fun.
    That's exactly how it was

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    As the title says, Blizzard put a restriction and you can't do your world quests while waiting for your UBRS group to be formed on classic.

Another outcry incoming?
    You also can’t log onto two realms at once with one account.

This is for your own account security and to keep it one character active at a time

Why do you think people need multiple accounts to multi box?

5+ Year Old Account
    Multitabling is a thing if you're playing poker online, but who in the earth (aside from gold farmers and other no-lifers like that) would want it?

Because of account sharing. I could play retail while a buddy play classic on the same account simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Yeah i could see it now

sounds like fun.
    That was already a thing, xD or theyd be lazy and ask for one anyway, play warlock or mage if you want to make friends

It makes sense to do it like this to avoid account sharing, but I would have liked to be able to play both games at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Which would of course be against the TOS and I don't understand how you don't understand.

You don't go in a restaurant with a friend, order one meal and expect to get two portions?
    Yeah no shit, that’s kind of the point I was making....

while waiting for your UBRS group to be formed on classic.
    If you think this is how it works, you are NOT going to like how Classic really plays :-)

A bit annoying and changes my plans of playing both at the same time sometimes but it makes sense since it is the same account you're using for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. People talk about how classic would bring people to connect again, it won't if someone keeps tabbing over to the other game because they have to wait a little while a group tries to form.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There are other games that most of us will be playing on our 2nd monitors while waiting for groups /bgs. Wow isnt the only game to keep you busy

Another outcry incoming?
    Come on mate dont be like that :/ in classic everyone should assist in gathering people for dungeons there is not LFG all will be handle manually. Trust me if you afk waiting for others to do everything classic isnt for you

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Which would of course be against the TOS and I don't understand how you don't understand.

You don't go in a restaurant with a friend, order one meal and expect to get two portions?
    I think that was his point, he was giving that as an example as to why they've done it, not complaining that he wanted to.

Another outcry incoming?
    Considering that there's almost no overlap between Classic players and World of Diablocraft players, no.

Wait, can you really not play them both at the same time? That is kinda bullshit.