Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    that's literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Bravo.
    Many people struggle with logic and common sense. Sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Yelling at some random guy just for having a orange shirt makes you a asshole yes.
    You are a good reader. Somehow you found the word "yell" in what I wrote. Again, you don't seem very smart ... but I still would never wish you ill or that you wouldn't find all the happiness and success you dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Keep living in your little fantasy land, it's quite hilarious to see these delusional posts and bring a smile and a LOL to my day!
    What's ironic about your reply is a fantasy land... well fantasy world is exactly what classic brings to the table.
    Unfortunately BFA and any retail version of wow is not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Classic only exists to grab some money from nostalgia addicts.
    This yes. Games companies do this when they are losing user base share to rivals. It's a well known tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Though the OP is accurate in some sense (a lot of players wouldn't want to pay for 2 15 dollar a month subs, rather the game they're playing more at the time), the downside is a Classic only sub might have been cheaper than 15 dollars if they offered the option. All hypothetical though. Most likely not. They want that crossover.
    The reason there aren't two subs is because the games aren't intended to compete with one another. Like, it's an incredibly basic and simple thing to grasp but so many fucking people on this forum are so caught up in stupid fucking anti-retail rhetoric that they've intentionally brainwashed themselves into disbelieving the fact that they're supporting the version of the game they seemingly love to hate by playing the version they see as some kind of savior.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    NO U

We will see if interest remains with the "majority" of gamers if Classic is still populated in six months time.

I see what you did there. But the other "genuine" F2P games out there are far more alluring than Classic or a sub will ever be, personally.
    You mean the ones that are technically "free" but you have to buy things like bag space, skill bars, or can buy gear?

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You mean the ones that are technically "free" but you have to buy things like bag space, skill bars, or can buy gear?
    Well there's always habbo.com if people are that desperate for true F2P.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The reason there aren't two subs is because the games aren't intended to compete with one another. Like, it's an incredibly basic and simple thing to grasp but so many fucking people on this forum are so caught up in stupid fucking anti-retail rhetoric that they've intentionally brainwashed themselves into disbelieving the fact that they're supporting the version of the game they seemingly love to hate by playing the version they see as some kind of savior.
    What's more, they "forget" that Classic is only happening because these damn retailers have been paying their subscription fees. Every time someone gets angry that their Classic sub fee will go toward retail, they are ignoring the fact that the opposite has been happening for a long time. And the opposite complaints could be just as valid - some people would prefer to pay lower fee instead of supporting Classic.

Forums are going to be a total mess during release. "Retail finally dead, here's THE objective proof of that - screenshot of my login queue. We did it boys, now Blizzard will cancel 9.0 and release TBC servers instead."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    You are a good reader. Somehow you found the word "yell" in what I wrote. Again, you don't seem very smart ... but I still would never wish you ill or that you wouldn't find all the happiness and success you dream of.
    You said Hey! The exclamation point suggests raising your voice and again you just said i was dumb. So i guess you are a asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    OP make sensible point, then gets these two replies;

as the very first two replies. This is exactly whats wrong with wow regardless retail or classic. Fucking spanners
    Spanner is your mom that cow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    What's ironic about your reply is a fantasy land... well fantasy world is exactly what classic brings to the table.
    Unfortunately BFA and any retail version of wow is not that.
    Sorry, despite how much you hate live and are paying to develop it with classic....both are a land of fantasy. You just hate live and you'll say stupid things while helping support it

NO U

We will see if interest remains with the "majority" of gamers if Classic is still populated in six months time.

I see what you did there. But the other "genuine" F2P games out there are far more alluring than Classic or a sub will ever be, personally.
    it's gonna take 6 months for people to realize the graphical downgrade? you're telling me they aren't just shallow, they are also legally blind, while at the same time demanding more modern graphics?

WoW overall is a sinking ship and classic is unlikely to change its course. Just like an expansion or major patch, it will attract a number of curious people, but the overall trend will face down until the inevitable. MMO as WoW was/is, are outdated, and it's just about being the time to finally move on. There was a time in the past for adventure games (sierra&lucas etc.), the monthly Doom clone of an FPS and whatnot, as there was the reign of WoW. Classic will be a short nostalgia trip for most, just like "reliving" your college/whatever young years party memories by gathering up with your old mates and going all night long. For a second it's almost like back in days when you were young, but just not quite. Then it's morning and time to go back home to live your actual life.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    it's gonna take 6 months for people to realize the graphical downgrade? you're telling me they aren't just shallow, they are also legally blind, while at the same time demanding more modern graphics?
    Look I can see why people are saying "there's more to games than graphics." That was not my point.

My point is that they will be paying a sub for BFA as well as Classic. They will look at the awesome graphics of BFA. They will look at the antique graphics of Classic. They will choose BFA or Classic's graphics. The rest is history.

Look I can see why people are saying "there's more to games than graphics." That was not my point.

My point is that they will be paying a sub for BFA as well as Classic. They will look at the awesome graphics of BFA. They will look at the antique graphics of Classic. They will choose BFA or Classic's graphics. The rest is history.
    You again with the graphics... I realize I don't speak for everyone, but graphics are the LAST thing that gains or holds my interest in a game.

I'm sure you disagree. But there are many others out there like me, that don't give an F--- about graphics.

So much fighting over some few months long nostalgia trip that is Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Classic only exists to grab some money from nostalgia addicts.
    That fact that you actually typed out such an incredibly stupid argument in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary is quite confusing to me.
    Are you a contrarian by any chance? Just wanting to hold the unpopular opinion, irregardless of what that opinion is?

Or maybe play both? Its two different games... And the graphics are shit in both games tbh

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the fuss is about, the players wanted Classic and Blizzard is delivering. It's not like they specifically re-created Classic just because they wanted a mid-expansion boost in subs... the players asked for it.

The two aren't mutually exclusive either, the raiding scene in Classic will hardly matter since none of it is going to be "world first". All the strats and what not are known.

You do know that you can amplify classic's graphics to modern wow graphics in the settings, right? About the races are the only thing not affected and they look like ass even in retail so... who cares

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    I'm not sure what the fuss is about, the players wanted Classic and Blizzard is delivering. It's not like they specifically re-created Classic just because they wanted a mid-expansion boost in subs... the players asked for it.

The two aren't mutually exclusive either, the raiding scene in Classic will hardly matter since none of it is going to be "world first". All the strats and what not are known.
    Blizz knows that MILLIONS of wow and former wow players prefer classic. There's a reason they did this and it was planned pre bfa, it's just a coincidence it's releasing during one of BFA's darkest hours.

Blizz has the metrics we do of how many people really want classic, how many cancelled subs over time have said "Vanilla or f off", and it was obviously worth it financially to them.

Personally, i'll be in classic til the servers shut down. Retail lost it's charm for me long ago, but i admit i loved legion, but BFA.... well it isn't for me and that's ok i have classic soon

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Blizz knows that MILLIONS of wow and former wow players prefer classic. There's a reason they did this and it was planned pre bfa, it's just a coincidence it's releasing during one of BFA's darkest hours.

Blizz has the metrics we do of how many people really want classic, how many cancelled subs over time have said "Vanilla or f off", and it was obviously worth it financially to them.

Personally, i'll be in classic til the servers shut down. Retail lost it's charm for me long ago, but i admit i loved legion, but BFA.... well it isn't for me and that's ok i have classic soon
    Blizzard knows as much as we do...probably just a little bit more considering the amount of people who tried to join Beta and Stress Test.

Still, they have no idea how many people will play Classic on the long run.
    They said it on the earning call...let me try and find it.