Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard Announces Classic Server Names and Types

WoW Classic Realm Names and Types
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Starting August 12th, 2019 at 3 pm PST, players with an active subscription or game time on their World of Warcraft account can reserve their character names by creating up to three WoW Classic characters. Please note that all of your characters on a PVP realm must be the same faction.

Before creating a character, you’ll choose the realm where you want to play that character. Realms in the Americas will be:

Relative realm population will be visible in-game to help in choosing a realm so you will see Low, Medium, or High in the realm selection screen. If there are high numbers of players congregating on individual realms during name reservation and character creation, we will post warnings about the potential for queues on those realms, giving you time to choose alternate realms.

WoW Classic releases worldwide on August 26th at 3:00pm PST.

WoW Classic Realm Names and Types [Europe]
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Starting at 00:01 CEST on Tuesday 13th August, players with an active subscription or game time on their World of Warcraft account can reserve their character names by creating up to three Classic characters. Please note that all of your characters on a PvP realm must be the same faction.

Before creating a character, you’ll choose the realm where you want to play that character. The following realms will be available:

Relative realm population will be visible in-game to help in choosing a realm so you will see Low, Medium, or High in the realm selection screen. If there are high numbers of players congregating on individual realms during name reservation and character creation, we will post warnings about the potential for queues on those realms, giving you time to choose alternate realms.

WoW Classic releases worldwide on Tuesday 27th August at 00:01 CEST.

My money is on Mankrik being the most populated normal server.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast515 View Post
    thanks for the best comment every, very useful

Finally. Here I come Atiesh!

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Mankrik? Oh my god, lol. Mankrik's the meme server of Classic. Good luck finding his waifu.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast515 View Post
    Ah, thank god for not being in the US region.

horrible names for EU...

Not a fan of the EU names. Would've liked to have a Mankrik server and then visit the Barrens all day.

Not as bad as I thought... but still seems like too many servers.

Thalnos here I come.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU got shafted on names...

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. 25 servers total.

They will be ghost towns..

Luckily server names dont play as big of an impact in Classic as you won't ever be seeing name-servername in chat or above player heads.

Classic kids: "Classic is going to OVERTAKE Retail......Mark my words"

Blizzard releases 24 servers total for Classis.... Retail has 513.......

LOL thanks, classic kids. HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    LOL. 25 servers total.

They will be ghost towns..
    Your logic being...? Please show your work.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Classic kids: "Classic is going to OVERTAKE Retail......Mark my words"

Blizzard releases 24 servers total for Classis.... Retail has 513.......

LOL thanks, classic kids. HAHAHA
    Just shows that the interest isn't nearly as great as people here on the forums think. Forum-goers are mostly often in minority though, so not really surprising.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think we all know that Mankrik will be the most popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Just shows that the interest isn't nearly as great as people here on the forums think. Forum-goers are mostly often in minority though, so not really surprising.
    You're 100% right.

They did quite a few tests to gauge the interest and this is all they came up with?

I cannot wait to see how these classic kids are going to spin this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Your logic being...? Please show your work.
    Servers will most likely run on the same hardware as Retail. That means they can accommodate 7-10K players online at the same time. Maybe even more because Classic is less demanding.

With a generous estimate of 50K simultaneously players, and at the very very most 250K total accounts with one or more toons created, only 5-7 servers would be needed.

Having 5x the needed amount of servers is sheer folly.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Servers will most likely run on the same hardware as Retail. That means they can accommodate 7-10K players online at the same time. Maybe even more because Classic is less demanding.

With a generous estimate of 50K simultaneously players, and at the very very most 250K total accounts with one or more toons created, only 5-7 servers would be needed.

Having 5x the needed amount of servers is sheer folly.
    Yeh 10 servers on live probably easily hold more than half of the US playerbase (Illidan, Tichondrius, Kel'thuzad, Wyrmrest Accord, etc). The only reason other servers exist is because Blizzard is just too afraid of removing them due to being able to trap new players on dead servers and get 25 dollars+ to transfer them to a playable server.