Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    50/50 is an ideal scenario but likely won't shake out. People will flock to the side that is slightly in favor and that will continue until the server is hugely imbalanced. Its a domino effect that keeps going. Vanilla was not balanced, heck even with the introduction of cross-battlegroup BGs some Battlegroups were heavily biased to one faction or another.
    2 faction's that can't play together was such a bad design choice. There are other ways to set up pvp, everquest had plenty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Really 1k? When private servers do around 10k? hmm.
    I'm not stating what will happen, just what could work as a minimum

10+ Year Old Account
    Really 1k? When private servers do around 10k? hmm.
    ehh, i know we avoid talk about them, but the set i was playing on the last several months had to do merges cause their pops were so small...though they were not 100% true vanilla. I think people greatly overestimate the populations of some them, especially when they have nothing ensuring their reported numbers are true.

- - - Updated - - -

2 faction's that can't play together was such a bad design choice. There are other ways to set up pvp, everquest had plenty.
    I agree 100%, that is why i am in favor of the removal of factions. The faction system is more of a hindrance then interesting now.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Nah, it is just dumb when a wave of people come by and you are trying to quest in peace and then have to stop playing because of it, which is exactly what was happening during the beta/stress tests.

I am still down for playing on their servers, I will likely wait a few days until they are gone from the starting areas.
    Probably will still be a thing regardless, I c that happen time to time on retail. And from what I’ve heard is that happens in certain areas in vanilla already.

Besides, streamers r going to be getting groups together for raids. What’s an easier way to get into decent 40 man raids than leaching off streamers.

Main reason for my post is it stupid for ppl to try and control other ppl b/c they don’t like them or disagree with what they r doing. It’s a slippery slope for sure.

I'm avoiding a server named Mankrik like the plague as it's certain to be swarming with memeboys, so Pagle for me whenever I bother to create a Classic character.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    Best follow naming conventions because they enforce them harder on RP realms.
    Another thing I like a lot about RP realms, even though I don't personally RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    It's the streamers that will be leeching off of you in raids not the other way around. You really think they're going to pass up a trivial way for them to funnel loot to themselves?
    Oh I’m sure that will go on, asmongold loves to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Russia is not a member of the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Correct. They're Asian.
    Russia is not a member of the EU, but it is (at least part of it) in Europe. There's a difference between Europe, and the European Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    There are no country-specific servers, there are language-specific servers.
    And how does this change anything about my original point? No one outside of the speakers of those languages will play on those servers, which effectively locks out everyone else from Europe from them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Roll on a RP-pvp server if u want pvp, hopefully less spergs there, and easier to report spergs that are acting like spergs.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Last time I checked [... ]and Russian were part of EU.

omegalul!!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    omegalul!!
    Really? Another one?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsWhimsy2 View Post
    People giving way too much credence to streamers. Let's not forget many players will drop out before level 20...
    I'm not giving credence to them... I am saying I don't want to be out in the world and seeing a streamer and his entourage farming devilsaurs for their leader.

I don't want to be on a streamer server where someone imbalances the gearing, raiding, economy.. because their entoruage is out farming and giving them crap just to get mentioned or seen on their stream.

I want to immerse in a world where planet earth and it's host of dweebs have no effect. I want to escape to Azeroth.

I don't hate streamers..I actually like their content (usually) I just don't want to have them effect my experience in any sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think having most streamers on 1 server would be better not just for the players but also the streamers themselves
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-08-09 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be fair, as long as RP servers don't get overrun by streamers/trolls (most likely sadly will).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    NA atleast have servers... EU has 2 pvp realms... so yeah....
    When did France and Germany leave EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    If I was on east coast I would not want to play on a Pacific realm.
    Why not? A small increase in ping in exchange for three more hours of daylight in the game evening. Being in Central time here it's an easy decision to make.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What was the number for a healthy population, 5k? They are VASTTTTTTTTTTTTLY underestimating the demand, even with the expected 70%+ drop off. Like, hilariously so.

After all is said and done, and they have to remove layering, there will have to be at least 20 servers.
    It's easier to add servers than to remove them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Have you people heard about layering? There will be 20k+ people per realm at launch.
    And that's the classic population for you. But I'm sure you can do a better job as estimating demand than blizzard can

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the big impact streamers are going to be on 1-2 servers. There's really only a couple really big ones, with a few of them that probably won't be playing the game for any lengthy amount of time. The biggest streamers have less popular versions of themselves clinging at their boot straps and are essentially shittier or 'different' versions of the big streamer that made them popular to be begin with. With 100% certainty, these people will fall in line with the big streamer overlord and roll on the same server, otherwise they might lose relevancy.

The other group of streamers are those with medium to high impact, that aren't essentially clones of mega streamers. These people have their own draw and/or are washed up versions of themselves that might have been popular over a decade ago. They will 100% attempt to chase fame or draw a following by rolling on the EXACT same servers as the category above by organizing PvP events, or attempting to incite faction wars, draw out, or incite wPvP with other huge streamers.

People who aren't retarded know exactly how to categorize the streamers and know exactly which like, 3-4 to pay attention to. Most of the ones on that list literally feed off the table scraps of the one big streamer their associated with, or are the same category/profile of player that will play together anyway.

Streaming by itself is meant to garner attention and I don't blame them, it's the name of the game. These people won't be able to resist the urge to be on the same couple servers. Follow where the biggest ones are going, and avoid them, or join them.

13 servers seems fine to me. The only thing worse than overcrowded servers, are fucking dead ones. You might bitch and moan in the first couple weeks if it was unstable (this is the experience everybody had 15 years go), but at least the likelihood of your server being completely dead after the rush is pretty diminished. Imagine if they released 50 servers and 30 of them had zero community after the first few months?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its sad this has to exist... but I'm glad it does.
    It's not even the streamers, it's the stream of 13y old fanboys that ruin it for everyone.