10+ Year Old Account
    Atmora might still be populated at this point in the 2nd era.

Then again....Tiber Septim was probably lying about being born there to further legitimize himself

Akavir will never be brought to ESO before it gets a main Elder Scrolls game

https://massivelyop.com/2019/08/09/e...until-tuesday/

Free sub time for everyone until Tuesday. If you're not a sub, log in and be sure to move all the crafting mats to the crafting bag!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ugust-8#latest

twitch drop schedule for the next few weeks. they are currently active also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://massivelyop.com/2019/08/09/e...until-tuesday/

Free sub time for everyone until Tuesday. If you're not a sub, log in and be sure to move all the crafting mats to the crafting bag!
    If I do that will I still have access to them after the sub runs out?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    If I do that will I still have access to them after the sub runs out?
    Yes, you can always take stuff out of the crafting bag. You just can't put stuff into it unless you're subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Well, ESO shares the universe w/ the rest of TES series.

There's a plane(t) for each of Eight Divines or Aedras, Akatosh, Arkay, etc, and then there's Nirn, our plane(t). Technically, planets in TES universe aren't the same as in ours, they aren't exactly astronomical bodies floating in space, they're smaller planes within an infinite plane surrounded by the Void, but because mortals can't really wrap their heads around said concept they're portrayed as planets. Theoretically, all plane(t)s are infinite in size, Nirn might or might not be unique in this regard, it's not exactly known if it's finite. And the same could be said about Daedric realms or Oblivion planes as well, they've never been observed from the outside, but in lore Meridia's plane is described as a "sphere".

As for known continents, besides our Tamriel there's Akavir, Aldmeris, Atmora, Lyg, Pyandonea, Thras, and Yokuda.
    also the lore mentions that the "stars" are actually holes punched in the veil of oblivion, and the two moons may or may not be the remains of a dead god.
    "Remember when trade conversation had to do with bartering goods and services? Pepperidge Farm remembers..."

Quote Originally Posted by Aenwyrm View Post
    also the lore mentions that the "stars" are actually holes punched in the veil of oblivion, and the two moons may or may not be the remains of a dead god.
    the thing about ESO lore is that its deliberately designed around the context of "unreliable narrator" kinda like real life records of various events. which is why lore often contradicts itself and just because it says that stars are holes in a veil of oblivion, doesn't mean that any of them let alone all of them - are that.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little bit long winded, but hang with me here.

So I recently was feeling that MMO itch and decided to give ESO another shot. I had played the game once a couple of years ago after getting the base game in a Humble Monthly or something and it didn't really grab me and I only leveled to like 8 or something before moving on, but the other day I was looking for an MMO and was about to subscribe for another month of FFXIV but figured I would give ESO another shot after reading someone talk about it in another thread here and about how good the questing and stories are in it and after starting a new character and leveling up to about 20 over the past week or so I am really enjoying it. I think what threw me off the first time was the way the game handles classes and skills. As someone who does not like first person RPGs at all I have never played an Elder Scrolls game so the way skills are set up, in particular weapon skills, was just so odd to me at first. Now, after reading up a bit and messing around myself, I see the benefit. It is actually pretty fun being able to be a warrior who can swing around a huge sword but also choose to use a flame spitting staff or, what I ended up picking to level with, a mage who wears medium armor and dual wields axes.

That said, I do have some questions I hope you guys may be able to answer. Two in particular and I am beginning to think they may be linked. First is about guilds. I don't have many friends who play games much anymore and especially MMOs so I always go into these games solo but I was thinking of joining a guild however I noticed the majority of the ones I see recruiting in game say they are trader guilds. At first I thought this was just people who like crafting or something but I also have seen NPCs around labeled "Guild Traders" and they have an interface that looks like an auction house. That leads me to the second question, is that this games version of an auction house and if so, how does it work? The ones I see don't seem to have any items listed. Is that where the guilds come in? Do you have to be a member of a guild in order to buy from other players in said guild? Seems like a really odd way to handle that if so.

Oh, I also had a question about how the DLC and expansions and such work. I noticed that the ESO plus membership says it includes all DLC, does this mean everything from the expansions or do you still have to purchase those as well?

Side note, anyone here play on the NA server (on PC if that matters, not sure if this game is connected for all systems or not) that is in or knows of any chill guilds willing to help an MMO old hat who is new to ESO learn the ropes?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    That said, I do have some questions I hope you guys may be able to answer. Two in particular and I am beginning to think they may be linked. First is about guilds. I don't have many friends who play games much anymore and especially MMOs so I always go into these games solo but I was thinking of joining a guild however I noticed the majority of the ones I see recruiting in game say they are trader guilds. At first I thought this was just people who like crafting or something but I also have seen NPCs around labeled "Guild Traders" and they have an interface that looks like an auction house. That leads me to the second question, is that this games version of an auction house and if so, how does it work? The ones I see don't seem to have any items listed. Is that where the guilds come in? Do you have to be a member of a guild in order to buy from other players in said guild? Seems like a really odd way to handle that if so.
    !
    Guild traders are vendors that can sell the shit you put on it to other players. Every 1-2 weeks (forget what it is) your guild has to place a bid on a trader you want which is why people advertise trading guilds as its pretty much the only way to sell your goods without spamming chat. Prime spots can be crazy fucking expensive while spots with less traffic can go with no one buying a single item. There is no Auction house so if you can never truly know whats all for sale and would need to run to every place that has a guild trader to see. I honestly hate this system as it tends to breed assholes who scam people of an items worth in zone chat or people who create guilds to get money from guild donations then quit bidding on traders till most players leave. I think it happens less on pc because you can use addons and prices on stuff tends to be cheaper than xbox and ps4 tho.

Oh, I also had a question about how the DLC and expansions and such work. I noticed that the ESO plus membership says it includes all DLC, does this mean everything from the expansions or do you still have to purchase those as well?

Side note, anyone here play on the NA server (on PC if that matters, not sure if this game is connected for all systems or not) that is in or knows of any chill guilds willing to help an MMO old hat who is new to ESO learn the ropes?

Thanks in advance!
    The sub DLC does not include the latest expansion but if buy it you get the other expansion for free or they are lumped into the base game forget which way it is atm.

I have characters on NA and Euro for both Xbox and PC but I don't know any guilds atm as I am a housing nut who just likes building a bunch of housing stuff. Crowns are shared between the NA and Euro servers but items do not cross over All the Expansion collectors items do though and the daily login can be claimed by both servers as well. Also sometimes they give out crown crates for stuff and you will get them for both servers if you have toons on them. It can be a nice way to see how shitty your luck truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The sub DLC does not include the latest expansion but if buy it you get the other expansion for free or they are lumped into the base game forget which way it is atm.
    The sub only includes access to the DLCs, not the expansions. For the them, the standard edition includes the base game and the 1st expansion (Morrowind), while the Elsweyr edition contains in addition the last two expansions as well (Summerset and Elsweyr). That's per their webpage

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    The sub only includes access to the DLCs, not the expansions. For the them, the standard edition includes the base game and the 1st expansion (Morrowind), while the Elsweyr edition contains in addition the last two expansions as well (Summerset and Elsweyr). That's per their webpage
    NOPE
    Plus grants access to the previous expansions too in this case summerset and the new dlc's

im even on summerset MQ right now, im not even doing the event, im using to get as far as i can in the DLC quests.

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    NOPE
    Plus grants access to the previous expansions too in this case summerset and the new dlc's

im even on summerset MQ right now, im not even doing the event, im using to get as far as i can in the DLC quests.
    Happy to take your word on it, I can't test it as I have the previous expansions already. Is that a recent change though? I don't remember PLUS giving access to expansions, just DLCs.

Either way, it's a good deal if you want to access Summerset and don't want to pay for the full version of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Happy to take your word on it, I can't test it as I have the previous expansions already. Is that a recent change though? I don't remember PLUS giving access to expansions, just DLCs.

Either way, it's a good deal if you want to access Summerset and don't want to pay for the full version of the game
    You can't access Elsweyr since its recent, but summerset will soon make part of the stock game as morrowind.

Not sure why people are speculating about what's included with ESO+ when the information is easily accessed, but here ya go:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...s/esoplusguide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Guild traders are vendors that can sell the shit you put on it to other players. Every 1-2 weeks (forget what it is) your guild has to place a bid on a trader you want which is why people advertise trading guilds as its pretty much the only way to sell your goods without spamming chat. Prime spots can be crazy fucking expensive while spots with less traffic can go with no one buying a single item. There is no Auction house so if you can never truly know whats all for sale and would need to run to every place that has a guild trader to see. I honestly hate this system as it tends to breed assholes who scam people of an items worth in zone chat or people who create guilds to get money from guild donations then quit bidding on traders till most players leave. I think it happens less on pc because you can use addons and prices on stuff tends to be cheaper than xbox and ps4 tho.
    Thanks for the info! Yeah, that sounds like a terribly designed system. I don't know how much player economy effects the games endgame, but if anything makes me give up on this game, it will likely be this system.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Not sure why people are speculating about what's included with ESO+ when the information is easily accessed, but here ya go:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/e...s/esoplusguide
    I just didn't, and still don't really, understand what exactly is the difference between DLC and expansions. I am guessing DLC is just story based content like new quests and quest zones while expansions are things like new classes and races. It looks like the Morrowind quests are included in the base game but the new class, Warden, is not. Then the Summerset quests are a part of the DLC that is free as a part of ESO+ but none of Elsweyr is included. So neither the new class of Necromancer nor any of the quests but all future DLC will be included?

I just didn't, and still don't really, understand what exactly is the difference between DLC and expansions. I am guessing DLC is just story based content like new quests and quest zones while expansions are things like new classes and races. It looks like the Morrowind quests are included in the base game but the new class, Warden, is not. Then the Summerset quests are a part of the DLC that is free as a part of ESO+ but none of Elsweyr is included. So neither the new class of Necromancer nor any of the quests but all future DLC will be included?
    The expansions are somewhat bigger and usually have a new class or skill line with them. They separated the warden class from Morrowind after the 2nd expansion and let you purchase both from crowns now but I believe it would cost 55 bucks in crowns now without sales to get both parts of the Morrowind expansion if you don't sub. So it's not worth purchasing anything but the warden class if you don't wanna sub. I assume they will do the same for Elsweyr in a couple years. Don't think they can do summerset like that as the Psijic is tied closely to the Summerset content and its an extreme pain in the ass to do on xbox where there are no addons and you can't easily alt-tab to a webpage to see the locations of the rifts you need.

Also once you do sub its hard to quit and continue to play as the crafting bag is op as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's simple, expansions cost more money and don't come with the sub. Content wise they are certainly a bit bigger but it's mostly there to increase cash flows.
    So what is Summerset then? I know it was sold as an expansion yet it is listed in the Crown store as DLC and the ESO+ says it includes "Access to all DLC game packs in the in-game Crown Store" so is it included with ESO+ or not? Morrowind is listed for sale under DLC as well so is that included with the base game or not? See why this is all a bit confusing to someone just starting the game now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I just really have to wonder, do their internal data show that the majority of the playerbase (not a plurality, the majority) loves doing dungeons? It's just annoying that half the content we get is dungeons. I honestly would gladly give up one of the dungeon DLC for one patch in the cycle to be focused on major reworks were they are needed with small storylines included.
    I don't know either, but I would guess that a lead dev or someone higher up must be having a real hard-on for more and more difficult dungeons. At some stage they will reach a point where people are going to be dropping out of the DLC dungeons entirely, an investor will see 0% participation in them and they will start asking serious questions. If they would introduce a solo-mode for them, I could see them as worthwhile investments, but as they are now? Not a chance. And it's a shame because they have good stories and some of them have some fun fights too, but I don't play this game to play Dark Souls Online.

It's one of the two main reasons I dropped ESO PLUS and cooled off the game, the other being the moronic, extreme and constant faffing with the abilities. I guess 15 years in MMOs I have had enough of that shit.

I keep trying to get into this game but the combat kinda throws me off and gets stale after a bit, ill admit ive only made it to 15 but so far it seems like my abilities just dont have any weight to them, does it get better later on? Like is there a rotation or is it just faceroll and hold down lmb?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I keep trying to get into this game but the combat kinda throws me off and gets stale after a bit, ill admit ive only made it to 15 but so far it seems like my abilities just dont have any weight to them, does it get better later on? Like is there a rotation or is it just faceroll and hold down lmb?
    The rotations are pretty much the same as any other MMO apart from one difference, and that's light attack weaving with every ability... You maintain buffs/debuffs/dots (good idea to get a UI mod to help with this since the default UI does a terrible job tracking all of that), as well as some hard hitting spammable ability to use after you have everything rolling/are waiting on cooldowns, and finally some kind of execute to replace your other spammable ability when the enemy gets low.

Light attack weaving works by doing a light attack and then immediately activating an ability the second the hit connects, thereby canceling the rest of the light attack animation.