Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Well Outlaw just got killed

So right now for the sake of MDI rogues have 2 dead specs. So nice of Blizzard to sucker punch nerf this spec mid patch after most people just finished farming their level 3 essences. Now I'll have fun being a subpar assassination for months until i get lucky enough to get decently rolled azerite armor and gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Killed" lol.

Cut the hyperbole. Outlaw rogues were vastly over-performing by every margin in M+10 to the point you could easily bring two of them and were even preferred.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    So right now for the sake of MDI rogues have 2 dead specs. So nice of Blizzard to sucker punch nerf this spec mid patch after most people just finished farming their level 3 essences. Now I'll have fun being a subpar assassination for months until i get lucky enough to get decently rolled azerite armor and gear.
    Sucker punch nerf lol? BF is OP, any rogue who's not just playing the class to get an easy go in M+ knows this and will admit it. It was a long over due nerf. I also can tell you only play rogue cause it's the flav of the expansion because you think this will kill it in MDI.
    Rogues AOE will still be uncontested with this nerf, it just won't be as OP, their ST is also good, they bring shroud, sap/CC, stealth for things like starting events while the party pulls trash, they have the best utility in the game which grants them awesome survivability allowing the healer to focus elsewhere instead of on the rogue, they have a quick CD kick.
    So please, don't cry just because something that should of been nerfed a year ago, is just getting nerfed now. I guess you'll have to actually learn how to play the class now instead of just pressing BF

Also if you're JUST NOW finishing getting rank 3, you don't push keys very high anyways so it doesn't really matter, you just want to be carried by a broken ability

>minor nerf to something that was really powerful
    >"OH MY GOD THEY KILLED THE SPEC REEEEEEEEEEE"

every time

5+ Year Old Account
    oh you sweetcheeks, Outlaw will continue doing its best work for AoE and Single target. Because as you should know by playing a Rogue, Outlaw its the one with the most amount of CC of the 3 specs, Gouge, 6 combo BtE, in top of the Pandemic Effect and the ammount of AoE you can do.

This was the nerf it needed to happen, not that, "we dont know if we nerf it or buff it" change at the start of the season. Now Outlaw should be "balanced"

They just need to remodel, buff or think wtf to do with Sublevity and we are guchi.

15% lol?
    It's 15% out of 45% which means 33% reduction to cleave plus the keep your wits nerf. This is a huge nerf and it will most likely kill the spec since it's greatest strength just got a whole lot weaker.

This was absolutely expected, and quite frankly needed. Other classes would like to also do M+, you know, and not find themselves competing for 2 DPS slots instead of 3 because 1 Rogue (at least) is a given.

Outlaw will still remain a top M+ pick, probably even the top pick. Shroud, stun, Kick, Gouge, Cloak, Feint, Vanish, oh I'm sorry I'm running out of space to list all the useful utility they bring ON TOP of premium-tier AoE damage. And that's coming from a Rogue player.

This won't magically make casters able to compete with melee - which is arguably a bigger problem than Rogue dominance, but at least partially connected - but it will likely increase the numbers of Fury Warrs, WW Monks and Havocs we see at the high end of the ladder. Diversity is a good thing, even if it's still just baby steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    They just need to remodel, buff or think wtf to do with Sublevity and we are guchi.
    Roll back to how it was before Legion and BFA would be an amazing start
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

This is a huge nerf to a class that already had terrible single target damage. So now they will have mid to bad aoe and terrible single target. Nice. Assassination it is.

P.S. I can't wait to see outlaw in competitive environment where they literally can pull half a dungeon and where outlaw can still somewhat perform and claim how this shitty spec is still broken.
    Last edited by Dotality; 2019-08-10 at 07:42 AM.

Can't tell if trolling or just brain dead.

Outlaw were too good in M+, though they should've buffed other specs.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-08-10 at 08:12 AM.

Outlaw will be fine, stop overly panicking for some odd reason. it was extremely good in M+ and in Raids. Even just having shroud and being a "good" not great spec gets you wanted more than a lot of class/spec combos.

Outlaw rogues in M+ was a problem for the game, however, this nerf was the wrong solution to the wrong problem.

Outlaw needed a nerf for big pulls as BF doesn't scale with the number of targets, however this nerf will also influence Outlaws performance on 2-3 targets which were not OP.

And what about raiding? Let's look a Radiance of Azshara for example. Outlaw is good on that fight, but not OP. During the add phase it is a 4 target cleave and DH / Fury perform just as well as Outlaw.

Blizzard should target their nerfs more carefully and apply them to the areas that really need them. Outlaw needed a nerf for huge pulls in M+ but not for a cleave fight with 2-3 targets.

At least they should buff Outlaw single target buff in combination with this AOE nerf.

outlaw rogues will still be top pick for mythic+...

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Sucker punch nerf lol? BF is OP, any rogue who's not just playing the class to get an easy go in M+ knows this and will admit it. It was a long over due nerf. I also can tell you only play rogue cause it's the flav of the expansion because you think this will kill it in MDI.
    Rogues AOE will still be uncontested with this nerf, it just won't be as OP, their ST is also good, they bring shroud, sap/CC, stealth for things like starting events while the party pulls trash, they have the best utility in the game which grants them awesome survivability allowing the healer to focus elsewhere instead of on the rogue, they have a quick CD kick.
    So please, don't cry just because something that should of been nerfed a year ago, is just getting nerfed now. I guess you'll have to actually learn how to play the class now instead of just pressing BF

Also if you're JUST NOW finishing getting rank 3, you don't push keys very high anyways so it doesn't really matter, you just want to be carried by a broken ability
    Oh it's you again in yet another thread with your weird personal vendetta and rants. Boy rogues REALLY did something to you huh? You must have gotten rejected in favor of them a LOT. It will be ok man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I wish they would nerf every rogue spec into oblivion so that other melee can get into groups. Seriously. Rogues have had their time for 15 years, they need to be sh*t on like everyone else for a few tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    I wish they would nerf every rogue spec into oblivion so that other melee can get into groups. Seriously. Rogues have had their time for 15 years, they need to be sh*t on like everyone else for a few tiers.
    Oh boo hoo, you mad? Dps is the ONLY thing they can do and that seperates them from other classes who have a melee SPEC. Get over it. Furthermore they aren't even the top atm. Not even close. Sit. Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Did you have to play a ridiculously overpowered spec to be able to compete and get a spot in your group? I feel bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Except no, they won't. Their single target damage simply isn't high enough to make them a top pick. Decent doesn't equal must bring, and that BF cleave was what got them a priority ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Did you have to play a ridiculously overpowered spec to be able to compete and get a spot in your group? I feel bad for you.
    Ridiculously overpowered HOW? The. Cleave. Was. The. Only. Thing. They. Had. So now they will have good utility and middle pack single target and aoe. SO OVERPOWERED.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyaku1 View Post
    Ridiculously overpowered HOW? The. Cleave. Was. The. Only. Thing. They. Had. So now they will have good utility and middle pack single target and aoe. SO OVERPOWERED.
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...rboards-strict