Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Without warning, Mylune suddenly smashes you against her bosom and begins sobbing
    Time to resub then
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm still somewhat stuck on the idea that someone seeking vengeance and redress for the mass-murder of his people, of whom he was the leader and protector, being considered immature? Really? I mean sure, you could say it's shortsighted perhaps, but it's definitely understandable and maturity doesn't even factor into it. If someone butchered my extended family and circle of friends I would certainly be impelled to seek revenge over more long-term concerns.
    You seem to imply an emotional state of things almost as if the characters were real, instead of figuring out the characters are, surprise, fictional and driven by bad writing decisions

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Time to resub then
    Ara ara, druid-kun.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    These really are the savage Kaldorei of Warcraft 3, aren’t they?

Wowhead literally includes in said post that the dialogue is marked Do Not Translate, which means it's most likely just a developer/writer messing around on their break and somehow ended up in the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Sylvanas is busy - waging war - while the Cenarion circle is busy focusing on trying to heal Azeroth! How immature of her!
    Saurfang is busy pitying himself for being a genocidal maniac - while the Cenarion Circle is busy focusing on trying to heal Azeroth! How immature of him!
    Anduin is busy failing at everything and sucking as High King - while the Cenarion Circle is busy focusing on trying to heal Azeroth! How immature of him!
    Goblins are busy making profits - while the Cenarion Circle is busy focusing on trying to heal Azeroth! How immature of them!
    Lol who knew that getting that point was so hard, but there you are.

Sylvanas is the leader of the Horde. Malfurion is the leader of Cenarion Circle - NEUTRAL faction. First and foremost. If you want to look at proper neutral leader, see Tirion, Khadgar, Morgraine. These characters were not bothered by faction wars at all, even if majority of their race belongs to one of the two warring factions.

But CC became a supplementary unit to the Alliance's army anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    In modern Azeroth cute stuff always has precedence over actual problems. That's just how the world works!
    It's not just Azeroth. I can tell you for a fact you'll hear more often in the news about how a captured panda has given birth to a cub in a zoo, or how koalas are striving in Australia and never a word about the thousands of people dead that same day in bombings or other atrocities in forsaken places of the world that don't "sell" on the news.

Just how the world works. Azeroth is just like ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I just don't trust Blizz.
    Atm, regarding night elves, it seems its more accurate to ponder how they'll screw them over some more rather than help em.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    To be honest the night elfs should conquer their land themselves instead of involving the Cenarion Cycle.
    The Night Elves should kick out the Tauren and Trolls and make the Cenarion Circle an Alliance organisation. Malfurion is the leader of the CC after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh the fact that Tauren and Trolls are allowed in the Cenarion Circle is ridiculous to begin with. The CC didn't even allow Night Elven women in when it was founded, but now any idiot that can magically grow a pumpkin can join smh.
    Last edited by Moonrage; 2019-08-10 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    The Night Elves should kick out the Tauren and Trolls and make the Cenarion Circle an Alliance organisation. Malfurion is the leader of the CC after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh the fact that Tauren and Trolls are allowed in the Cenarion Circle is ridiculous to begin with. The CC didn't even allow Night Elven women in when it was founded, but now any idiot that can magically grow a pumpkin can join smh.
    I agree with you, I personally really dislike how half of the night elf organizations are neutral. But the chance that this happens is zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Ashenvale gets raided)
    Cenarion Circle: heh

(Teldrassil gets burned)
    Cenarion Circle: mh

(Bunnies get murdered)
    Cenarion Circle: HOLD ON RIGHT THERE

I love how Tyrande is angry at Anduin while he's fighting the Horde but keeps her mouth shut at the CC being Neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    I love how Tyrande is angry at Anduin while he's fighting the Horde but keeps her mouth shut at the CC being Neutral.
    It makes no sense whatsoever. Her husband is the goddamn leader of the CC but he doesn't have the balls to kick out the Tauren and Trolls? Sad really

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You seem to imply an emotional state of things almost as if the characters were real, instead of figuring out the characters are, surprise, fictional and driven by bad writing decisions
    But that's neither here nor there in regards to what @Aucald said. Because you were the one who implied an emotional state of the character in the first place by claiming Malfurion is immature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm implying that Malfurion's emotional state within the current narrative is both internally consistent with his character and externally consistent with what would be expected from a humanoid character with a psychology modeled on human norms. This consistency is not indicative of "bad writing," but is instead a logical and reasoned approach to what nearly anyone would expect even a fictional character in such an extreme situation to do.

WoW does indeed contain instances when characters do not act in expected fashions, but this is not one of them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Did they drag the kul'tirans into this?
    Well, it is time to give KT druids some spotlight outside Drustvar. I don't think it's a bad idea in and of itself, just that this isn't the right time for whimsical side quests imo. There is enough of that in Mechagon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Did you not read the Wowhead post that says that the text is marked with "to delete", implying that the Dreamgrove Murder Mystery might be a troll by Blizz and actually is disguising something else?

I feel like you did, but you still wanted to complain.
    This. It feels like Medivh's Birthday Bash in that it's being used as a cover for something else.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    So on the PTR Thisalee Crow and Arthur Tradewind (Kul'tiran Druid) track down someone who's murdered bunnies in Dreamgrove.

I guess the Forsaken and Horde forces in Darkshore and Ashenvale aren't a priority.

Also: Blizz is probably not doing anything about Ashenvale so even if the Nelfs win Darkshore they'll never take back Ashenvale.
    What do you mean by "take back Ashenvale"? The Night Elves have alreardy won Darkshore. The Horde never left any occupational forces in Ashenvale. So while Astranaar was destroyed, nothing else happened to Ashenvale at all and currently all of Northern Kalimdor is back under Kaldorei control.

Of course, none of that will ever be actually "shown" in the game, just like the removal of Horde occupation after SoO (which DID happen) was never reflected in the game. Blizzard never updates zones just because the lore demands it, they only do if current events have to be placed there (and then often forget about the lore-stages they chose not to implement). This is true for all zones in the game...which is why the world has become such an incoherent mess all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    What do you mean by "take back Ashenvale"? The Night Elves have alreardy won Darkshore. The Horde never left any occupational forces in Ashenvale. So while Astranaar was destroyed, nothing else happened to Ashenvale at all and currently all of Northern Kalimdor is back under Kaldorei control.

Of course, none of that will ever be actually "shown" in the game, just like the removal of Horde occupation after SoO (which DID happen) was never reflected in the game. Blizzard never updates zones just because the lore demands it, they only do if current events have to be placed there (and then often forget about the lore-stages they chose not to implement). This is true for all zones in the game...which is why the world has become such an incoherent mess all around.
    Of course Ashenvale still belongs to the Horde. It's logic. You think military leave the territory they control like that? That Night Elves would randomly spawn and take back an entire territory undefended? Especialy in a global war for territories, resources? It's even crucial for the Horde to keep control of Ashenvale in order of supplying their forces in Darkshore.
    Last edited by eurojust; 2019-08-10 at 03:59 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Blizzard never updates zones just because the lore demands it, they only do if current events have to be placed there (and then often forget about the lore-stages they chose not to implement). This is true for all zones in the game...which is why the world has become such an incoherent mess all around.
    They could at least remove all that siege equipment and trenches outside Orgrimmar, as well as those lvl 90 Kor'kron wandering around in Northern Barrens... I mean, how hard can it be, especially for the-biggest-team-ever™?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.