Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Again you are so wrong. Noticed you didn't even try to defend your position in the other thread. Machismo reported me for saying that the Dayton shooter was a leftist. I got banned for posting a conspiracy theory. Is this not a fact, or are you going to pretend also that he was not a leftist?
    This was (apparently) the post in question; https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5#post51461845

So no, that's not what you were saying. You were claiming they were an "assassin", which is a claim that they were a professional killer, which is nonsense, and (I imagine) why you were infracted for it. It's not factual, at all.

But since you were a mod, feel free to enlighten me why I get banned for that but 7 people in the thread said the guy was a trump supporter, why were they not banned for conspiracy theories? Obviously none of them had any facts.
    You ignoring why you were banned isn't an argument. It's you refusing to take responsibility for your own unethical conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This was (apparently) the post in question; https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5#post51461845

So no, that's not what you were saying. You were claiming they were an "assassin", which is a claim that they were a professional killer, which is nonsense, and (I imagine) why you were infracted for it. It's not factual, at all.

You ignoring why you were banned isn't an argument. It's you refusing to take responsibility for your own unethical conduct.
    Excellent job on the research, Endus.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Are you fucking kidding me. I was banned, not infracted, for posting a conspiracy theory. Are you saying that someone who goes to a gun free zone and shoots people is not an assassin? He went to a low security area to kill people. Why am I not surprised by this-- when you won't even pretend that words by a democrat could incite violence. You are very intellectually dishonest.

Also according to you, John Wilkes Boothe was a professional killer. So was James Earl Ray. I would actually agree that Oswald was a professional killer based on his military training, but then would get conspiracy nuts saying he was not a lone assassin. The point is me saying he was an assassin does not make me spout conspiracy theories. Had I said he was specifically targeting his sister, maybe. But then again based specifically on your response explains exactly why mods here ban people based on ridiculous interpretations. I should just go in to the shitshow thread and post banal comments about transgenders just to get the thread shut down.

Are you fucking kidding me. I was banned, not infracted, for posting a conspiracy theory. Are you saying that someone who goes to a gun free zone and shoots people is not an assassin? He went to a low security area to kill people. Why am I not surprised by this-- when you won't even pretend that words by a democrat could incite violence. You are very intellectually dishonest.

Also according to you, John Wilkes Boothe was a professional killer. So was James Earl Ray. I would actually agree that Oswald was a professional killer based on his military training, but then would get conspiracy nuts saying he was not a lone assassin. The point is me saying he was an assassin does not make me spout conspiracy theories. Had I said he was specifically targeting his sister, maybe. But then again based specifically on your response explains exactly why mods here ban people based on ridiculous interpretations. I should just go in to the shitshow thread and post banal comments about transgenders just to get the thread shut down.
    Every definition of "assassin that I have seen, shows that it points towards someone who kills for money, or targets a high-value or political victim.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assassin

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/assassin

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...glish/assassin

": a person who commits murder
    especially : one who murders a politically important person either for money or from fanatical adherence to a cause"

"a murderer, especially one who kills a politically prominent person for fanatical or monetary reasons."

"a person who murders a famous or important person, esp. for political reasons or in exchange for money"

So, let's talk about all those changes to Congress we hope to make.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So just some things that should be changed for congressional members.

Introduce term limits
    take away the guaranteed salary for life even after leaving office. Or greatly reduce it.
    take away the guaranteed fee healthcare for life.

Change these three things and the senate will be more inclined to fix healthcare and other things.
    I agree that we need congressional changes. Tons of them.

However, just to clarify - Congress only gets the pension (free lifetime salary) and healthcare if they make it through 20 years. What we should do is make their pay and benefits and everything dependent on a balanced budget and the government not shutting down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you fucking kidding me. I was banned, not infracted, for posting a conspiracy theory.
    A distinction without meaning. You get a ban based on accumulated point value; it doesn't matter what the infractions were about. Infractions trigger a ban if your total infraction point value is 15 or higher after the infraction is issued; the ban is automatic and handled by the system, not the moderator.

Are you saying that someone who goes to a gun free zone and shoots people is not an assassin? He went to a low security area to kill people. Why am I not surprised by this-- when you won't even pretend that words by a democrat could incite violence. You are very intellectually dishonest.
    Yes, that is explicitly not what the word means. It's a different kind of murderer. Words matter. See basically any definition for "assassin"; it's not "anyone who kills another", it's a specific type of killer.

But then again based specifically on your response explains exactly why mods here ban people based on ridiculous interpretations. I should just go in to the shitshow thread and post banal comments about transgenders just to get the thread shut down.
    See, this is why you get banned. You deliberately push/break site rules. And then can't take responsibility for your own poor conduct.

No idea how to link posts, but it was #106 in the Dayton shooting thread. Machismo reported me for posting a conspiracy theory. I got banned fr saying:

He was a registered democrat who was going to vote for Warren. He also killed his sister along with the others. All of these are known facts about the Dayton shooter.

You just right click the post # in the right hand side of the header and copy link then past it

2nd. You were not banned, you are here.

3rd. You were given a suspension because you posted facts that are not facts but speculation and conspiracy.
    "democrat party registered assassin"

first not an assassin, and second the suggestive comment that somehow because he was a democrat it is related to him killing people. No proof has been given that his motives had anything to do with any of the candidates he supported or anything they said/stances.

I think the suspension/infraction was a tad silly but hey it happened. I've been suspended for a lot less, grow some hair on your chest and get over it you'll survive I sware we all do.

And lastly you still are posting non facts.

Are you saying that someone who goes to a gun free zone and shoots people is not an assassin?
    Where is the proof any of the locations were gun free zones?

Why am I not surprised by this-- when you won't even pretend that words by a democrat could incite violence. You are very intellectually dishonest.

Where is the proof any words said by any of his democratic supported individuals incited his violence?
    You saying Warren said something that has direct links to this shooting, like a manifesto or social media post like other shootings recently have implicated Trump? proof? Proof? PROOF?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I agree that we need congressional changes. Tons of them.

However, just to clarify - Congress only gets the pension (free lifetime salary) and healthcare if they make it through 20 years. What we should do is make their pay and benefits and everything dependent on a balanced budget and the government not shutting down.
    They don't get free anything. Already clarified in prior post. They pay upwards of 25% of their healthcare cost/premiums.
    Their "lifetime salary" is a pension based on earnings and years worked like any private sector worker with a pension but never hits their current salary, EVER.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51474206

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't do that kinda stuff.

1. The first thing is ranked choice voting and ending FPTP voting systems so we can be a multiparty system.
    2. The next thing is radically overwriting the constitution so that we really don't go in for a strictly bicameral legislative branch. Instead Congress shall work like the UK or French Parliament. The executive branch will also be chosen and occupied based on whatever party or governing coalition holds the legislative branch.
    3. There could still be an upper house but it isn't involved in spending decisions or funding of laws, or if anything maybe this branch can take more of the oversight role is handled in the Senate.
    4. Over all I'd want a strict demarcation of legislative can and can't do's.
    5. While not a congressional change, I'd essentially end the Anglo-American legal tradition and institute a Continental French or Roman Law system and court system and effectively end the reign of the Supreme Court as a quasi-Law making body.
    6. Obviously the electoral college is null and void since the Office of President is filled by the dominate party in the Legislature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Ooh, let's say term limits never existed!

We'll start with Reagan.

1980 Reagan over Carter
    1984 Reagan over Mondale
    1988 (Reagan would have run again for sure) Reagan over Dukakis.
    1992 (Reagan would have run again for sure) Reagan over Clinton.
    1996 I think Reagan bows out by now, replaced by Bush. Bush over Gore.
    2000 Bush over Lieberman
    2004 Bush handles the war on terrorism much better than his son, so Bush over Kerry.
    2008 Economic Collapse still happens, Obama over Bush
    2012 Obama over Romney
    2016 Obama over Trump
    I think you're forgetting the small detail that Reagan was almost 80 when he left office and was already showing signs of Alzheimer's Disease. It's unlikely he would have run for a third term if he could have. Even if he did win a third term, he would not have a fourth. His policies would not have been different enough from H.W. Bush to stop Ross Perot from running and Democrats from shifting to the center to capture a lot of the swing vote that Reagan relied on in '80 and '84.

I also don't see how Bush Senior would have managed the War on Terror better than his son. They both relied on Cheney heavily in foreign affairs. In fact, I don't think Lieberman or Gore would have handled it any different either since Gore's campaign and both of the Bush White Houses were influenced by the same circle of hawkish advisors. Kerry lost in '04 but he was obviously a hypocrite in the eyes of the electorate who lacked any clear political convictions and looked and acted like an Easter Island statue.

Anyway, this is not a good analysis.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    They don't get free anything. Already clarified in prior post. They pay upwards of 25% of their healthcare cost/premiums.
    Their "lifetime salary" is a pension based on earnings and years worked like any private sector worker with a pension but never hits their current salary, EVER.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51474206
    I thought I was kinda saying the same thing. Thank you for the clarification and better info. Good post - sorry I missed it the first time around.

They do seem to get a much better deal on health insurance though, if I'm reading this correctly. But it's exactly the same as any other federal employee. Interesting. So nvm.

Thanks again for the info!
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-08-12 at 12:53 AM.