BG SM - return Blacklist Function

y was the Blacklist function (for BGs) removed? tonite i got 4 invite to (the most deficite of all BGs) Ashran. as leaving is more time- and fun-efficient, resulting in a 4x15 min deserter buff. my gametime is limited, esp. at nite.

I DONT WANT TO JOIN ASHRAN, also i dislike Deepwind and on some days i just dont want to play AV.

y does Blizzney force BGs. the Blacklist function worked fine, y was it removed?

Quote Originally Posted by ultima ratio View Post
    y was the Blacklist function (for BGs) removed? tonite i got 4 invite to (the most deficite of all BGs) Ashran. as leaving is more time- and fun-efficient, resulting in a 4x15 min deserter buff. my gametime is limited, esp. at nite.

I DONT WANT TO JOIN ASHRAN, also i dislike Deepwind and on some days i just dont want to play AV.

y does Blizzney force BGs. the Blacklist function worked fine, y was it removed?
    Because people mostly used it to avoid Strand, AV and IoC, and those are gone/separated now.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because people mostly used it to avoid Strand, AV and IoC, and those are gone/separated now.
    I thought it was pretty much a faction-line thing. Horde bans AV and IoC, Aliance bans BFG and AB.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I thought it was pretty much a faction-line thing. Horde bans AV and IoC, Aliance bans BFG and AB.
    I always banned strand/Silvershard

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I always banned strand/Silvershard
    Banning Silvershard is a valid opinion for both factions, IMO. Terrible BG.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nah most Alliance players used to ban Silvershard Mines, simply because the Horde has way better access to the 2 short carts and thus they're winning it more often.

This BG and also AV/IoC are good examples why the blacklist was such a bad idea: When a BG is slightly unbalanced, this would lead to a certain amount of players of the losing faction to blacklist this BG, which would just 'snowball' into more and more players blacklisting it, because the chance of winning would get smaller and smaller.

Blizzard's current approach is way better: They're either trying to fix/balance certain BG's or they just kick them out (like strand) for now and possibly re-add a revamped version later on (like Wintergrasp).
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-08-11 at 05:48 AM.