15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Nothing wrong with knowing your own limitations.
    And no shame in it either.
    There's just too much stuff to pay attention to at once. The jobs I like aren't built with any downtime, so I can't take a second or two to do a mechanic without losing track of where I was with combos/cooldowns/buffs, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    If I have baller ass healers doing 5k+ DPS (AST at like 4k)
    I really would like to know how healers manage 5K DPS single target in an encounter such as E2s that requires a lot of actual healing.
    Me gets 5Kisn on dungeon bosses where I barely have to do anything but massage the glare button, aye but 5K in a savage encounter?
    Forget it.

I managed 3.3K when we killed E1s last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I really would like to know how healers manage 5K DPS single target in an encounter such as E2s that requires a lot of actual healing.
    Me gets 5Kisn on dungeon bosses where I barely have to do anything but massage the glare button, aye but 5K in a savage encounter?
    Forget it.

Be that asshole that offloads it to someone else!

To an extent I'm glad that I don't bother with savage anymore (too lazy and time consuming). At most extremes and solo deep dungeons.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-08-11 at 01:07 AM.

I just boosted my DRK to 70 but I don't have any idea how to play haha. Does anyone know where i can find a nice SIMPLE guide so I can get an idea of how to play?

I hate those theory craft guides they always make the game seem way scarier than it needs to be. I don't intend to be a high level tank so I don't need indepth info

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I just boosted my DRK to 70 but I don't have any idea how to play haha. Does anyone know where i can find a nice SIMPLE guide so I can get an idea of how to play?

I hate those theory craft guides they always make the game seem way scarier than it needs to be. I don't intend to be a high level tank so I don't need indepth info
    just kill stuff in the world and do some dungeons you will get the hang of it by trying out the abilities, most of the base things of tanks are the same so if you also played a WAR/GNB/PLD you will be fine.

Forget it.

I've subbed as a healer during some fights and I can say that it gets a lot easier through practice to know exactly how much healing is needed for every situation. It makes your time dpsing waaaay larger as you figure out a fight.

That's the unexpected fun part of being a healer in savage raiding. If someone screws up, you don't have to heal them because they die.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    That feeling when people generally are upset by 8-9k dps and you know that's where you always fall... I just slink off into a corner somewhere.
    That's a pretty decent amount. Especially if you're not doing extremely high end content.

As I see it, so long as everybody's trying their best I'm content.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    There's just too much stuff to pay attention to at once. The jobs I like aren't built with any downtime, so I can't take a second or two to do a mechanic without losing track of where I was with combos/cooldowns/buffs, etc...
    I know what you mean. I play MCH and there's a lot to keep track of. Try as I might, sometimes I mess up my wildfire if there's too many mechanics going on at once.

3+ Year Old Account
    Havnt played FFXIV since the first portion of Stormblood.

Has alt class leveling improved or is it still the insane boring grind?

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Has alt class leveling improved or is it still the insane boring grind?
    It's still boring dungeon/PotD/HoH spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Considering the fact that the best way to level in wow is generally dungeon spam from 1-90 and then quest spam... not a whole lot different honestly.

New Game plus may shake it up some I guess at least, but leveling is always a grind in any mmo.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's not. There's many different ways to earn experience in FFXIV beyond running the same dungeons over and over again. FATE's, side quests, Beast Tribe quests, daily/weekly hunts spring to mind as things to do in between everything else.

It doesn't matter how fun a certain something is if you insist on doing the same thing over and over and over again. It's the equivalent of going to a restaurant every day and ordering the same meal only to complain about the lack of variety.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Except those are all equally - or more - boring and significantly slower.

Yes, leveling alt jobs can be a chore. Just how it is.
    It's completely subjective. Some people enjoy it, some don't. Though it doesn't really take a huge amount of time and there's ways to shake things up and work on additional goals alongside gaining experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Considering the fact that the best way to level in wow is generally dungeon spam from 1-90 and then quest spam... not a whole lot different honestly.
    Why are you bringing up WoW as a counter? I didn't say a word about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    It's not. There's many different ways to earn experience in FFXIV beyond running the same dungeons over and over again. FATE's, side quests, Beast Tribe quests, daily/weekly hunts spring to mind as things to do in between everything else.

It doesn't matter how fun a certain something is if you insist on doing the same thing over and over and over again. It's the equivalent of going to a restaurant every day and ordering the same meal only to complain about the lack of variety.
    Dungeon spam is considerably faster way to level. FATEs can be ass to solo as a DPS due to lack of self-healing (and zones are empty, so grouping is out of question), side quests give very little experience and are finite, Beast Tribe dailies give pretty low XP too. Hunts? I have no idea how you are going to solo group bosses.
    Looking for Raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Be that asshole that offloads it to someone else!
    But I am the one it is offloaded to.
    Playstyle wise it suits me just fine, spamming 1 button for 3hrs in a raid would make me fall asleep but this community is soooo obsessed with healers DPS that it's bordering the ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    That's the unexpected fun part of being a healer in savage raiding. If someone screws up, you don't have to heal them because they die.
    And then I have to rez him and pump his HP back up. <_<

- - - Updated - - -

As I see it, so long as everybody's trying their best I'm content.
    And then the boss just says: "Nope, try again." Due to rather strict enrage timers.
    If the 2nd boss really requires 71K sustained, It'll be a long while till my group manages that.

For me personally, the lags are currently the most frustrating factor. It just feels so bad when you fail b/c suddenly your client doesn't get any data.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon spam is considerably faster way to level. FATEs can be ass to solo as a DPS due to lack of self-healing (and zones are empty, so grouping is out of question), side quests give very little experience and are finite, Beast Tribe dailies give pretty low XP too. Hunts? I have no idea how you are going to solo group bosses.
    You can actually solo the vast majority of FATE's, actually. The 'boss' ones are a no go, though there's a chance people will show up to help if you request aid in /shout. There's also the chocobo companion who can fight alongside you to provide extra damage and throw the occasional heal your way. Hunts can be soloed - I was specifically referring to the daily/weekly hunts available from the boards in capital cities. They grant experience and seals upon completion.

Ultimately there's many different ways to break up the monotony of the 'grind'. Yet FFXIV is pretty forgiving in that regard in that it doesn't actually take that long to level all things considered - especially once you've completed the MSQ's and unlocked everything.

Yes, there's the 'efficient' way to do it which is running the same dungeon over and over again but as mentioned nobody has anybody but themselves to blame if they get bored after ignoring ways to shake things up.

You can actually solo the vast majority of FATE's, actually.
    At least Stormblood ones are unlikely to bo soloed as a melee, there are like two mobs and when you kill one, next one respawns immediately and most probably attacks you. Even if you'll try to drop combat eventually, there's still a timer.

Hunts can be soloed - I was specifically referring to the daily/weekly hunts available from the boards in capital cities. They grant experience and seals upon completion.
    The ones I've seen and participated in were all group bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet FFXIV is pretty forgiving in that regard in that it doesn't actually take that long to level all things considered - especially once you've completed the MSQ's and unlocked everything.
    Leveling in FFXIV takes a shit ton of time even with double XP from having one job on level cap and rested bonus, so I disagree.
    Looking for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Does FF14 not have a WoWprogress equivalent? Lack of those kinds of resources was always my problem whenever I looked at another mmo back when I cared about raiding.
    nope it doesn't. Kinda why it's so hard for me to find good groups. I have nothing to base off to know if a group is decent or not other than what they tell me. Hint: they always talk themselves up, it's never realistic.

I guess I could go off fflogs, but....I haven't seen a single group that has good parses other than the top groups that raid alot of hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I guess I could go off fflogs, but....I haven't seen a single group that has good parses other than the top groups that raid alot of hours.
    That's typically what it takes to kill bosses and clear content in a timely manner.
    Top groups also push a ton of tries in order to kill stuff, they just do more/week than the midcore groups.

For the individual player, the savage bosses aren't all that difficult to do w/o too many errors.
    It's getting 8 people do do it w/o (or very few) mistakes that's the time eater.
    If wiping 100x to a savage boss turns you off: raiding isn't for you and a "top group" won't really fix that.

Leveling in FFXIV takes a shit ton of time even with double XP from having one job on level cap and rested bonus, so I disagree.
    Define "shit-ton"

because leveling an alt-job in 3 days (~6h+/day to max is not really that long imho.
    If you do it with roulettes over the course of a week or so, it's even less.

I leveled my second DPS Job from 70-80 in 1 or 2 days on a weekend (slightly rested - did it more or less directly after I hit 80 with my first character).
    I leveled my third DPS job from 20(ish)-56 in less than a day, while I was tabbing in and out of the game (click one button -> tab out -> tab in 2-3 minutes later -> move -> click one button) via Squadron-Dungeon running.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-08-11 at 03:07 PM.

And then I have to rez him and pump his HP back up. <_<
    That's true, sadly.

But with any luck, other players are learning and dying less. If not then that's the root of the problem right there, because death is a huge loss to the party's overall damage and will make meeting enrages on the tighter fights like e2s way harder. I always try to play as if I'm expecting an ideal run and just adapt if I have to.