Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Did I say "ranged mechs are impossible"

Use your brain, if tinkers are goblin and gnome focused, it makes sense the mechs would be used to make them more formidable and durable up close.
    Oh I did use my brain, you were the one shouting that "Ranged mechs" don't exist. I prove you wrong, and you go on a ragefest. Maybe next time accept that you can be wrong sometimes

The ones in game tend to use a gun and/or a spanner.

I think 2h guns are the likely candidate. Maybe a new type of gun called an electro-cannon, and also the same guns that hunters use. Cause it would make no sense for Tinkers to use bows too.

I too am expecting the DPS spec to be ranged, if what gazlowe in hots and island expeditions show us. And good, cause the ranged spec with rock-it turrets is a unique kind of gameplay WoW is missing. Tank based on melee mech and healer ranged as well.

Ah... about the 2 guns, they could be better saved for some sort of gunslinger class in the future. I don't think they fit Tinker, though it's not like it would hurt either. It's just we haven't seen anything of the sort in-game.

My recommendation? Go play SWTOR. They got a couple of classes that dual-wield blasters. Should scratch that hitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The theme of the next expansion is not mechanical based on the current lore direction, they only make classes based on the expansion theme which we have empirical evidence for. Not sure why people keep arguing, it is either going to be Dark Ranger or Necromancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Except the next expansion is going to dictate the next class and it is going to be Old God/Shadowlands related.
    Stop the denial. There is a reason why Mechagon is a thing and Mekkatorque was encased in a cocoon for a later date. The recipe of class=expansion theme is not sustainable as themes start repeating. This will be the new way to deliver classes i'm sure. They have to make sense story wise, and this build up has Tinker all over it.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-08-11 at 03:26 PM.

I'd just let them use Guns in every spec, and have Int in every spec.

With personal loot and armor having all three primary stats, we don't have care about loot balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Ah... about the 2 guns, they could be better saved for some sort of gunslinger class in the future. I don't think they fit Tinker, though it's not like it would hurt either. It's just we haven't seen anything of the sort in-game.
    We already have dual pistols in game, Lord Godfrey. We already have single pistols - outlaw, so I don't see any valid reason to not add them, hunter could benefit from this too:

Official artwork for TCG:

I think 2h guns are the likely candidate. Maybe a new type of gun called an electro-cannon, and also the same guns that hunters use. Cause it would make no sense for Tinkers to use bows too.

I too am expecting the DPS spec to be ranged, if what gazlowe in hots and island expeditions show us. And good, cause the ranged spec with rock-it turrets is a unique kind of gameplay WoW is missing. Tank based on melee mech and healer ranged as well.

My recommendation? Go play SWTOR. They got a couple of classes that dual-wield blasters. Should scratch that hitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop the denial. There is a reason why Mechagon is a thing and Mekkatorque was encased in a cocoon for a later date. The recipe of class=expansion theme is not sustainable as themes start repeating. This will be the new way to deliver classes i'm sure. They have to make sense story wise, and this build up has Tinker all over it.
    Maybe we are all wrong and it is a combination of necromancy and tinker? Seems plausible to me.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Also I wouldn't be surprised if the "Ghost Buster gimmicks" from that leak were also true, just to make the class fit even better in a Shadowlands expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    We already have dual pistols in game, Lord Godfrey. We already have single pistols - outlaw, so I don't see any valid reason to not add them, hunter could benefit from this too:

Official artwork for TCG:
    I didn't say they couldn't be added. I said they would fit a gunslinger class better. I don't think they fit Tinker or hunter.
    Dual wielding weapons has the same challenges that dual wielding melee specs have. Lots of misses to make it balanced. It changes the feel of the class/specl with the numbers you see popping up being smaller. It makes sense to have a new class around it. But i am not saying: "No! absolutely not!". I'm saying: "I think it would be better this way".
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-08-11 at 10:17 PM.

I would prefer the tinker to just use guns/crossbows. Dual guns seems...weird. They aren't gunslingers like someone else said.

However, I would like the idea of them being able to enhance their weapons. I.E. mount a flamethrower on top of the the weapon, change them to shoot energy beams or a machine gun fire-rate.

I generally would like the idea of them taking what another class would use and literally "tinker" with them to make them better.

I really doubt it would be available to non-small races.
    I think it would be hilarious if other races just used a version of the gnomish shrink ray to fit inside lol
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2019-08-11 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    I would prefer the tinker to just use guns/crossbows. Dual guns seems...weird. They aren't gunslingers like someone else said.
    I think you guys watched too many western movies. Dual wielding pistols doesn't automatically make you a gunslinger. Not the western style revolver but something closer to i don't know MaxPayne.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    the last thing we need in this game is another set of weapons only good for one class (looking at you, bows, guns, and glaives).
    This. Weapon drops being useful for only one class that might not be in the raid isn't great. Guns will do fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I think you guys watched too many western movies. Dual wielding pistols doesn't automatically make you a gunslinger. Not the western style revolver but something closer to i don't know MaxPayne.
    By gunslinger, I imagine the one from FFXIV or Wild Star. Either way when a class or person in a video game uses "dual pistols" it usually means they are proficient at it.

I don't see tinkers as someone who's proficient at any specific weapon. They use their brains and technology to do what they need to accomplish.

I don't see tinkers as someone who's proficient at any specific weapon. They use their brains and technology to do what they need to accomplish.
    Guns are a product of a brain. Deadly and doesn't require strength. Or electrical weapons.

With dual pistols both hunters and tinkers could use them because they are not far from hand cannons. Or maybe even dual handcannons if you dislike word "pistol" much.
    Hunter already can equip handcannons (but they are somehow 2-handed weapons)

Haven't posted in a long time, so forgive my dodgy looking account x_x
    I really wanted to join in the discussion on this as it's massively interesting reading through people's ideas
    Might be a bit of an 'out there' suggestion, but what if they could equip any 1-handers and a shield? They'd be hidden on the Tinker (possibly have some sort of cosmetic option instead, like a tool belt or something that's part of their intro?) When they hop into their mech suit (like a druid shape shift) the weapon would be put into a slot in the mech suit's console somewhere and the suit draws its power from that like a power core? The shield would act like a reinforced plating on the mech suit, maybe aesthetically it changed the 'chest' area of the suit or something.
    Tinkers to me are really resourceful folk who can adapt anything they come across, repurposing it to their needs, so adapting their tech to draw power from a weapon/shield seems like it would be pretty trivial?

Guns are a product of a brain. Deadly and doesn't require strength. Or electrical weapons.
    Whenever someone says something requires "brains" they usually are referring to intelligence. What you describe, I think of as skill/expertise. Very different from my perspective.

With dual pistols both hunters and tinkers could use them because they are not far from hand cannons. Or maybe even dual handcannons if you dislike word "pistol" much.
    Hunter already can equip handcannons (but they are somehow 2-handed weapons)
    Nope still seems really dumb to me. Tinker's dual wielding pistols/handcannons anyways. Hunters can somewhat get away with handcannons, but rifles/bow/crossbows is what fits their theme the most imo.
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2019-08-12 at 02:13 AM.

Nope still seems really dumb to me.
    How is equipping second weapon dumb? We have both pistols and handcannons already in game. That would be most logical to use second one in another hand to increase damage, faaaaar from dumb in my book.

I've often thought it would be fun to play a medium-range DPS, like a melee spec with a 20 yard range. I was hoping Survival, Outlaw, or Enhance would be it with various revamps but no dice. Tinker could fill that niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I've often thought it would be fun to play a medium-range DPS, like a melee spec with a 20 yard range. I was hoping Survival, Outlaw, or Enhance would be it with various revamps but no dice. Tinker could fill that niche.
    I really doubt blizzard would do that. I mean nothing stops you from coming in melee range as RDPS. While introducing half range dps could have issues in raids and dungeons.

BM is essentially a ranged melee spec now, so I don't see why that wouldn't work. Unless you're talking about abilities that only target ranged-- in that case, I would treat them as melee. It's doable.

As for weapons, I would give them three weapon slots; right pistol/left pistol for ST and shotgun for cone-based AE, all with 20yd ranges. But the shotgun spread would reduce its damage at >10yds. Would be neat.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-08-12 at 02:37 AM.

How is equipping second weapon dumb? We have both pistols and handcannons already in game.
    Because, explosives, flamethrowers, shockcoils, and whacky mechanical arms etc. are what I believe should be the "focus" of the class damage-wise. Is there any class that dual-wields something and it isn't part of their main damage arsenal? It seems incredibly stupid to double-down on something barely used in the first place.

That would be most logical to use second one in another hand to increase damage, faaaaar from dumb in my book.
    I was always talking in terms of the tinker theme, not realistic usage. I mean if you want to use this line logic above, then is having mages use double wands fair game? Because I think that's the same level of stupidity.

But if you want to go the "realistic" route, then I would personally say that second hand would be used for gadgets, I.E. controlling a mechanical arm.

Anyways I'm done with this lol.

Offhand gadget would also be sweet. I'm down with all of it!