Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    I usually make enough gold each month to buy a token in retail wow. How can I continue to do that now when I will be spending most of my time playing classic? I'll continue to log on a few times a day for boat missions but that isnt enough to earn the 100k+ gold needed for a token.
    Get a job.. I shit you not. Before I was pleb, studying having no money. Did everything I could to support my wow playing, like botting etc. Now, I earn 5k euro a month and money is NOT a problem anymore! 15$ for a sub? Pathetic! Couldn't care less
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

I'll continue logging in for 30 minutes every couple of days to collect sales and repost auctions from the massive collection of pets/xmog/mats/etc that I built up over the past few years.
    Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    Well, not day one as no one will have any gold on day one.

I’ve got my characters set up to make passive income in bfa so if I need to I’ll log in, sell stuff, buy tokens.
    Okay, day 2.
    That's when people can gather enough gold to buy a level 40 mount.

There are always rich people who throw around money, and it's especially tempting in an environment like classic. Buy gold on retail, trade it for classic gold. And I bet on EU there are more than enough players who would happily supply the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    To be honest, who cares about some random in East Europe. There is plenty of opportunities to further yourself. If they choose to play wow instead of getting an education, then it is on them.

I barely play retail now but I still have plenty of gold. I am not concerned about running out. If I play classic it will be on top of retail.
    He has had an education, people don't chose where they are born. He has family there, and a job he can be proud of.
    The fact your comment actually touches on the "education" subject is deliciously ironic.

On topic,

I agree with Malacrass, goldspam will be a thing.
    Same for botting, cheaters and devs are basically at a continuous arms race.
    And yup, allot of trade X amount on New vs X amount on Vanilla gold requests.
    Last edited by Reinaerd; 2019-08-11 at 10:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I'm solid for about 2 years as I cleaned out all the gold I had in retail and bought tokens.
    Same, my stupid pokémon collection sold for approx gold cap and misc other stuff i had lying around + raw gold became approx 4 million so im safe for a while hehe since in total its about 12-14 million, not sure but i got 60 wow tokens atm already bought and ive activated a few since before so i got gametime untill christmas.

I will buy ONE less boardgame over a 6 months period time and I am all good for half a year subs...

Playing WoW is the cheapest hobby I ever had, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    While I can understand parts of what you say, I take issue with parts of it as well. The bolded part is my issue. How I currently play, the time it takes me to earn enough money at work to pay for a sub (it goes down if I pay for 3/6 months) is significantly less time than to grind the gold in WoW on my 9 120's I have. I do have time to waste which is why I spend it playing games. I don't see grinding in game just to keep playing the game as worth it to me. I can get more time in game doing things I would rather do as opposed to "playing the game" just to keep playing. It takes me roughly 28 minutes to earn enough at work to pay for a sub and with my limited time it leaves me with more time to farm old raids for transmogs/mounts that would otherwise be spent farming for gold.
    It all comes down to efficiency, and more importantly the recognition that unlike WoW almost nothing else in life has an alternate method of payment besides money. Stop thinking about it in terms of $15 and start thinking long term. Taking advantage of WoW's alternative payment method has saved me over $800 so far. That's actual money that can be used for various other hobbies that I have plenty of time to enjoy as well.

Look, I don't really have an issue with people who decide to give their hard earned money for an MMO sub. In fact, my ability to play the game for free is dependent on people who trade their IRL money for fake money.

MY issue is the smug dumb-asses who use the "I'm an adult with a job" excuse to try to shame people who would rather not spend money when they don't have to. Take that guy I originally responded to who apparently makes $15/hour and calls me a "poor NEET". I didn't come here for a dick measuring competition, but that $800+ I've saved is more than he brings home for a full week's work before taxes. For me, it's less than I bring home each week AFTER taxes, 401K contributions, stock purchase plan, medical, dental, office parking permit, and mortgage payment. And yet here I am encouraging people to save their money and be more efficient with their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    It all comes down to efficiency, and more importantly the recognition that unlike WoW almost nothing else in life has an alternate method of payment besides money. Stop thinking about it in terms of $15 and start thinking long term. Taking advantage of WoW's alternative payment method has saved me over $800 so far. That's actual money that can be used for various other hobbies that I have plenty of time to enjoy as well.

Look, I don't really have an issue with people who decide to give their hard earned money for an MMO sub. In fact, my ability to play the game for free is dependent on people who trade their IRL money for fake money.

MY issue is the smug dumb-asses who use the "I'm an adult with a job" excuse to try to shame people who would rather not spend money when they don't have to. Take that guy I originally responded to who apparently makes $15/hour and calls me a "poor NEET". I didn't come here for a dick measuring competition, but that $800+ I've saved is more than he brings home for a full week's work before taxes. For me, it's less than I bring home each week AFTER taxes, 401K contributions, stock purchase plan, medical, dental, office parking permit, and mortgage payment. And yet here I am encouraging people to save their money and be more efficient with their time.
    The thing is if you have the means to pay for a sub with cash instead of in game grinding, that it is more efficient use of time since it takes vastly less time to achieve the same result of getting 30 days of game time. I guess in this case it just boils down to how much value you put on your own time. And either way is fine but I would rather pay for my sub with cash and use the extra time I would have spent in game farming gold, farming for mounts/transmogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have 10M at this point, you wasn't really trying. Just pay with bucks like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    There is no way to make the amount of gold in Classic to pay for tokens. Would the in game shop even be available in classic?
    As much as I enjoy using tokens to pay for my sub on retail over IRL money, that'd be a big fat fucking no from me for Classic tokens/money shop. It would just affect the economy way too much for the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Would rather work 30 minutes in an actual job instead of grinding lots of hours to make the gold for the token.
    People making $30 an hour is not common. Hell, even $15 an hour isn't a major percentage of the population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Utilize the created documents that holds financial value to permit me access to this service.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Would rather work 30 minutes in an actual job instead of grinding lots of hours to make the gold for the token.
    Precisely.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    That's how I view it. Under an hr at work to pay my sub so I can spend multiple hrs doing something I enjoy in the game rather than worry about making good
    most of the times I pay my sub with actual money, but you gotta accept, there is some certain happiness in making the gold and buying tokens with it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Put it on a credit card until the debt overwhelms you, like an adult.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Put it on a credit card until the debt overwhelms you, like an adult.
    I thought this would be a fun thing to calculate, until I remembered that you'd basically be paying the advertised rate if you have interest rates on your card that aren’t astronomical, like 500%.

The 6-month sub is about $78, or $12.99/month. Paid over six months while gaining interest that comes out to $13.27/month at 7% annual interest.

That’s less interest-ing (get it?) than I thought it would be. But yeah, you could probably fill out online surveys and get that much money per month pretty quickly, if one isn’t able to leave the house and work a 2 hour per month part time job.

I bought a years worth of tokens a couple months ago. After that I guess Ill dip into 27m gold I still have on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I bought a years worth of tokens a couple months ago. After that I guess Ill dip into 27m gold I still have on live.
    27m gold! Oh, the sweetness! I was/am ultra rich in SWTOR, which I quit in 2016. Makes you wonder what's it worth stockpiling it for. And I was asked that and I answered: because I like having it and looking at it! But then buying game time might be a better idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Just do herb/alchemy? Can't you get 200k in a couple of days of just flask selling now still?
    Depends on the server. I have herb / alchemy on three different servers and it varies wildly. One server, the raid scene is basically dead so flasks go for 400 if you're lucky. Other one has a few guilds on it that dip into Mythic raiding so they sell for about 700 a piece. Other server has some big name guilds on it so they easily sell for 1,000 - 1,500 on good days.

Needless to say, if I'm going to be farming and selling, the one server is where I'm going to do it, but yes it is one of the easiest ways to earn gold with very little time investment / difficulty.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Pay 15$ or buy gold from chinese
    Or the much simpler approach, farm on BFA for a day & use the gold to buy WoW tokens to pay for sub. Easy