Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Hiya Jaylock, did you get banned from the WOW forums again?
    didn't jaylock get banned from here as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Your work is in urban planning and you said so. You are not a climate scientist...you are also an SJW which reduces your credibility to zero.

So we agree Tim Flannery has made numerous doomsday predictions, none of which have come to pass. Good, We are on the same page.

The seas arent rising, the world isnt coming to and end, dogs and cats wont be living together. Not one of the hundreds of doomsday claims have ever happened, not that they ever will.

Kiribati is in the Pacific ( thats in another part of the world for all of you who have never set foot outside 'Murica, like you, Endus), is on an volcanic atoll and Im not surprised. Islands rise and fall in the Pacific all the time.

If youd ever been there, youd know that.

When were you in Kiribati, Wunksta?

Id say never.

When have you ever left 'Murica?

Id say never.

Tuvalu, however, despite all the panic claims is growing not shrinking

Wunksta: re your article above?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...te-change.html

In Kiribati, the three of the most densely populated islands, Betio, Bairiki and Nanikai, also grew by between 12.5 and 30 per cent.

Oops.

i live here and know far more than you do.

The PNG article?? Refers to VOLCANIC ATOLLS that rise and sink all the time so this isnt news at all

oh and here

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/a...f0bcb9e794db84

and

and

and

and

https://stream.org/nation-kiribati-growing-not-sinking/

Looks like the Washington Post was wrong, but here are words from people WHO ACTUALLY LIVE THERE..but sure what do they know, right Endus?

Most people I met weren’t making plans to relocate anytime soon.”

“Instead, I heard a lot of frustration that the rest of the world seems to take notice of the I-Kiribati only to tell them they’re doomed.”

“Several people I spoke with had already given interviews about climate change to foreign reporters. ‘In my case, you are the fifth person,’ remarked Teewata Aromata…. ‘People come and ask us the same questions. They see pictures of us and think we are drowning in the ocean.’

Yet again, the panic mongers got it wrong.
    endus lives in canada?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

endus lives in canada?
    Thats nice

When he comes here, gets local knowledge about what he is rabbiting on about, let me know

"Papua New Guinea is sinking into the sea"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

PNG is our next door neighbour and we'd know, Newsflash

IT AINT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your work is in urban planning and you said so. You are not a climate scientist...you are also an SJW which reduces your credibility to zero.
    I've published multiple papers and books on climate change adaptation. That's my area of specialization.

What's your expertise in the field? Not that it should even matter; I've never asked anyone to believe me because I claim to have training in the field. It's why I'm familiar with the science, nothing more.

So we agree Tim Flannery has made numerous doomsday predictions, none of which have come to pass. Good, We are on the same page.

The seas arent rising, the world isnt coming to and end, dogs and cats wont be living together. Not one of the hundreds of doomsday claims have ever happened, not that they ever will.
    The seas are rising. Measurably. A little over 8 inches on average, since 1880. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...ea-level-rise/

There's really no reason for you to lie about measurable facts like that.

As for the rest of the stuff you posted, sea level rise isn't the only thing affecting regional coasts. Land itself can rise or fall, independent of the sea levels. Volcanic activity can add landmass. Etc. None of those contradict the fact that seas are rising.

As for Kiribati, specifically? The data doesn't lie. Local sea levels are rising; https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._last_16_years
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-08-11 at 05:06 AM.

I think we need to come to terms with the fact that no one believe athropogenic climate change isn't happening. Those that claim it isn't are just trying to run out the clock so that they can implement their fascist agenda. That's been the plan the whole time. They know climate change is going to make the global south inhospitable to human life. That's why they want their walls and murder police. They know what's happening. They've been planning this from the start.

We shouldn't work to convince deniers. They're just lying at this point. We need to focus on how to mitigate the damage, and how to prevent their genocidal plans.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

As for Kiribati, specifically? The data doesn't lie. Local sea levels are rising; https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._last_16_years
    August 2009 LMAO

https://phys.org/news/2018-02-pacifi...on-bigger.html

It found eight of the atolls and almost three-quarters of the islands grew during the study period, lifting Tuvalu's total land area by 2.9 percent, even though sea levels in the country rose at twice the global average.
    Endus

I live here, you dont. Chances are you have never been here either.

and

Scientific evidence, however, seems to show that most of Kiribati is actually increasing in size. But even if this widely dispersed collection of island chains (trivia for you: Kiribati is the only country in the world with territory in all four hemispheres) was indeed sinking under the rising seas, there is nothing that Australia could do about it.
    Climate change “the single greatest threat” to the region? Certainly the single greatest opportunity to demand extra foreign aid, which accounts for significant proportions of government budgets across the region.
    Its a volcanic atoll in an ocean where islands rise and sink all the time.

tthats the nature of the island chains and has been this way for centuries,. If you lived here or ever visited here, you'd know that.

i've published multiple papers and books on climate change adaptation
    Okay then, Id love to read them. What are the names of the books and where can i find them? Send me a PM with the names and ISBN numbers. Also the articles and what papers they were published in.
    Last edited by Aehl; 2019-08-12 at 01:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If youd ever been there, youd know that.

When were you in Kiribati, Wunksta?

Id say never.

When have you ever left 'Murica?

Id say never.
    I lived in South Korea for a year, so maybe you should avoid making assumptions about people you have never met.

None of this disproves the sea level rise which has been shown by multiple scientific groups from multiple countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might shock you, but "land area" and "sea level" are two different things. Hell, your own source acknowledges sea levels are rising in the area.

Let's revisit the bit you chose to quote, yourself, out of your own source;

It found eight of the atolls and almost three-quarters of the islands grew during the study period, lifting Tuvalu's total land area by 2.9 percent, even though sea levels in the country rose at twice the global average.

Emphasis added. You literally cited your own source contradicting your own claim, and somehow didn't notice.

tthats the nature of the island chains and has been this way for centuries,. If you lived here or ever visited here, you'd know that.
    And?

I acknowledged that land rise and subsidence also exists and varies by region.

I pointed out that has absolutely nothing to do with sea level rise. You, apparently, can't understand that.

Okay then, Id love to read them. What are the names of the books and where can i find them? Send me a PM with the names and ISBN numbers. Also the articles and what papers they were published in.
    Not interested in exposing my career to harassment by people like yourself. It doesn't even matter, since I've never asked anyone to take my word for anything, ever. I'm only entertaining this as far as I am because you brought up my credentials as if they're insufficient, while refusing to say whether you have any relevant credentials, yourself.

You clearly think credentials matter, so what are yours?
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-08-12 at 01:38 AM.

None of this disproves the sea level rise which has been shown by multiple scientific groups from multiple countries.
    ..and this has been directly attributed to "climate change" and nothing else? Like the series of seaquakes that have rocked the region over the last ten years. Like the seismic instability that is part and parcel of the region and has been for what....five hundred years?? None of that has any bearing on what is or is not happening?

You sure? As far as I am aware "climate change" has zero to do with earthquakes or the instability of at least a dozen fault lines that run through the area. Or had you forgotten the recent NZ quakes and seabed changes that have zero to do with "climate change"?

- - - Updated - - -

since I've never asked anyone to take my word for anything, ever. I'm only entertaining this as far as I am because you brought up my credentials
    and you said

I've published multiple papers and books on climate change adaptation. That's my area of specialization.
    Yup. Called it.

Logging out , see you in a year. Or never.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..and this has been directly attributed to "climate change" and nothing else? Like the series of seaquakes that have rocked the region over the last ten years. Like the seismic instability that is part and parcel of the region and has been for what....five hundred years?? None of that has any bearing on what is or is not happening?

You sure? As far as I am aware "climate change" has zero to do with earthquakes or the instability of at least a dozen fault lines that run through the area. Or had you forgotten the recent NZ quakes and seabed changes that have zero to do with "climate change"?
    I have no idea what you are even talking about. Sea levels have been measured in places all around the globe. Look at the ice caps melting hundreds of gigatons of ice PER YEAR. A single gigaton of water would fill about 400,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools; each gigaton represents a billion tons of water.

Why don't you explain where all this water goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It's been directly attributed to warming. They know how the warming would occur, how much it would happen, the warming has followed modelled predictions, it's measurable and observable, and between melt and thermal expansion, entirely explains the observed sea level rise.

You didn't walk into denying climate change without a basic grasp of the facts, did you?

Of course they don't.

They also aren't having any observable effect on global sea levels. Really not sure why you're even bringing them up, when you've provided absolutely zero explanation for why you think they even matter.

and you said

Yup. Called it.
    Again, literally only because you brought up my career. Dismissing the idea that "urban planning" has any relevance, when climate change adaptation is largely handled by planners. I only mentioned what I've published to make it clear that I'm not, say, a transportation planner who's talking about a section of the industry they're not working in.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    I have no idea what you are even talking about. Sea levels have been measured in places all around the globe. Look at the ice caps melting hundreds of gigatons of ice PER YEAR. A single gigaton of water would fill about 400,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools; each gigaton represents a billion tons of water.

Why don't you explain where all this water goes?
    The ice amount has increased in the Antarctica. Setting some new records back in 2012 -2014. What do you think of this information? https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/02/...wth-this-year/ and how did it end up for the winter of 2019?

" If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The ice amount has increased in the Antarctica. Setting some new records back in 2012 -2014. What do you think of this information? https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/02/...wth-this-year/ and how did it end up for the winter of 2019?
    I think you'd be well-served by not citing the blog of a conspiracy nutcase as if it's actual evidence.

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Anthony_Watts

The guy's completely batshit and has no credibility or education in any appreciable field of science.

As for the chart you're linking, it's looking at surface area, not volume. That's a difference that matters. In particular, melting ice lowers salinity in surrounding waters, and water with lower salinity refreezes at a higher temperature, so what you get is a loss of net volume but a short-term increase in surface area. It's also looking at year-by-year differences, which are weather, not climate; not understanding the difference is like saying that volcanoes don't exist because you've got a rock and it's not burning-hot lava right this second.

https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/sotc/sea_ice.html

Stop pretending nutcase conspiracy bloggers are anything but liars and con-men.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-08-12 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Endus mentioned, this is just one aspect and looking all the data together is important. Here is what has been recorded since then though

This thread clearly shows that "hysteria" is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This thread clearly shows that "hysteria" is not enough.
    This I agree with. I am also coming around to Zython and his implication that climate science deniers should just be ignored at this point. Let them say whatever they want in their echo chamber.

Unfortunately, they have a lot of corporate backing due to the fact that many industries will take a beating due to their products making climate change worse. I guess we fight as hard as we can, and just move on as best we can.

That's surface are, not volume, isn't it?

7+ Year Old Account
    I fear sometimes we don't worry enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it's always good to think of the environment, but how far some people take their anxiety worries me greatly.

Today at lunch, a colleague literally said that he has nights where he literally cries himself to sleep because of climate anxiety. An acquaintance keeps writing on facebook about how bad she feels and that she considers self harm. A relative is talking all the time about how bad he feels when he's taking the bus and it's struggling uphill, because he can "feel all the co2 spitting out from the exhaust pipe", and he's taken sick leaves several times because of it.

What the hell is going on? It's alright to be worried, but this is just taking it way too far. Thereäs only so much one single individual can do who isn't filthy rich, so why worry to the point you are just one bad anxiety attack away from the psych ward?
    Certain people did this sort of thing after seeing Avatar because the planet Pandora wasn't real and they couldn't go there.

Even if Earth was fine, certain people would always find something to have high anxiety about.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    As Endus mentioned, this is just one aspect and looking all the data together is important. Here is what has been recorded since then though
    So 2019 is going to be higher than it was in the early/mid 2000's. Our winters the last few years, have been pretty cold here where I live. I am no expert on this stuff, but I did find the latest data interesting. As with all things, time proves if something is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    That's surface are, not volume, isn't it?
    I am not sure. I thought it was speaking of both. *shrugs.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Some societies are more entrenched in consumerism than others and believe it's part of their "culture". For them change is much harder than for others that's why they escape into faux-science that lulls them with pseudo-facts that everything is fine, they call it "debunking climate change". Fact of the matter is that if humanity wouldn't be dragging its feet they could have made some efforts 10-15 years ago but back then even mainstream media would call you a lunatic for even suggesting anthropogenic climate being a real thing. Now we are either left doing a hard turn or doing nothing. The future generation will thank us for being irresponsible wastrels. Right now, before climate change, there will be anthropogenic mass extinction of species beneficial to humans, especially insects and birds. That might actually hit us harder and earlier than climate change.
    Hey Ravenblade,

Are you the Ravenblade from consanguineus - shadowsong horde?