View Poll Results: How many lore heroes will N'Zoth kill?

Voters
142. This poll is closed

62 43.66%

20 14.08%

23 16.20%
  • 3+

37 26.06%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How many relevant heroes has the black empire killed? 0 lol. Nothing's gonna happen, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I can guarantee you that BfA will end like E3 of S8 of Game of Thrones (since Blizz admitted to being inspired by Game of Thrones). N'Zoth attacks Uldum where Wrathion is preparing to activate the Forge of Origination. Zekhan freaks out during the battle and has to be saved by Saurfang who immediately gets stabbed through the back by a Qiraji soldier. Gallywix gets crushed to death by a huge Soggoth-type N'raqi but stabs him through the eye with his Azerite cane before succumbing to his wounds. Baine dies protecting Anduin.

Meanwhile N'Zoth assumes a mortal form and does slow mo walk towards Wrathion. Player character is bogged down fighting N'raqi somewhere. Nathanos briefly fights N'Zoth and gets wrecked. N'Zoth and Wrathion have a tense stare off while epic music plays (maybe a slowed down and more dramatic version of Legends of Azeroth?). Suddenly Sylvanas rees out of nowhere and stabs N'Zoth with Xal'atath, ending the threat of the Old Gods once and for all.

After the battle we see Sylvanas cry over the body of Nathanos. Zekhan tells her that she was honorable all along and then all the remaining Alliance and Horde leaders join hands and sing Kumbaya.

BfA brought to you by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss.
    I mean if anyone is going to get a dramatic sacrifice this expansion it's gotta be Saurfang. I put all my gold on him. I wouldn't put it past Gallywix or Sylvanas though, just because they've made a point to demonstrate potential alternative leaders that could take their place.

I don't know how to feel about Gallywix. Still hate his guts, but I have to admit his enthusiasm piloting his ludicrously gaudy mech was contagious. He is an entertaining douchebag and I would miss his sass.

Zehkan is supposed to represent hope for the "heart of the horde" and all that sappiness so if anything it'd be him crying over Saurfang. Sadorc Chronicles V: Sadtroll Edition. </3
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-08-12 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Arthas is the only one who has done a decent job at killing heroes, until he got robbed of his world first
    That's a big reason why people like him as a villain so much. He actually scored victories. Makes him compelling. He is someone you really want to beat because he had cred so you felt like you got cred by beating him.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

This thread just confirms the need to do either a time skip

5+ Year Old Account
    Hard one, because we can end discovering that he is our allied more than our enemy.

Remember the old gods give the gift of flesh to the construct races, thus creating civilization as we know on Azeroth.

N'zoth is a old god, a very large being killing a lore character would look wierd.

When the Lich King stabs a guy you can actually see it and it has emotion behind it.
    When a being that is 10000x bigger then a hero just slabs a hero to death with a tentical it either looks stupid or you think hmm atleast he had a fast death.

This is not an anime; despite what some books on it tell you the end-game in WoW is not a duel.
    It's army vs. army; and we did see some bloodshed in most expansions.

Maybe Kadghar or Magni will die in the efforts against N"zoth, could see Ebonhorn or Wrathion go aswell. From the factions I feel like Sylvanas, Nathanos and Saurfang are candidates but I don't think they'll die against N'zoth, they die fighting one another. Granted that it depends on how the actually story goes. For the Alliance I honestly think everyone is pretty safe, maybe they'll kill Genn, it'd feel like more of a checkmark, rather than a meaningful death, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    AND killed saurfangs son
    One thing to note about this is that during a Cata-era story when Thrall is reminiscing about the past he laments that Draenosh was killed, that he would have been an ideal warchief. The entire course of history would have changed had we gotten Warchief Draenosh instead of Warchief Garrosh.

I still think we will see some Kerrigan 2.0 shit by the grace of Sylvanas sacrificing herself - technically dying again - and resurrecting as an even more undeservedly powerful death entity in the shadowlands. I guess technically she also counts as a lore hero.. in some twisted sense anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    This is not an anime; despite what some books on it tell you the end-game in WoW is not a duel.
    It's army vs. army; and we did see some bloodshed in most expansions.
    Nah, this is WoW, so it's BBEG in humongous monster form vs. McGuffin.

My bet is that N'zoth will kill Sylvanas so loyalist players will have no choice but joining the Alliance with Saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I still think we will see some Kerrigan 2.0 shit by the grace of Sylvanas sacrificing herself - technically dying again - and resurrecting as an even more undeservedly powerful death entity in the shadowlands. I guess technically she also counts as a lore hero.. in some twisted sense anyway.
    Still better than goddess Jaina.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That's a big reason why people like him as a villain so much. He actually scored victories. Makes him compelling. He is someone you really want to beat because he had cred so you felt like you got cred by beating him.
    Blizzard should give us solo campaigns where you play the villain again.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

Still better than goddess Jaina.
    Don't get me started on Jaigwyn, Grand Guardian Sorceress of Azeroth...

though I very much doubt the absolutely not earned redemption story for Sylvanas would be better in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Don't get me started on Jaigwyn, Grand Guardian Sorceress of Azeroth...

though I very much doubt the absolutely not earned redemption story for Sylvanas would be better in any way.
    Sylvanas doesn't need a redemption story. Blizzard just needs to learn that Alliance casualties aren't Horde's problem.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Usually by the time we reach the "climax" of an expansion, the marketing people are already trying to create as much hype as possible for the next big thing. So the big shocking moments don't happen before we defeat the bad guy, where they would be needed to tell a good story, but at the start of the next story, because they are needed there to sell you the next xpac.

So Nzoth is probably going to be a bit of an afterthought, who we quickly kill off and then gather around for a victory cinematic, and THEN Sylvanas is going to reveal her epic plan and people will start dying and so on. Which is so transparent as this point, that I would probably be more exited if they deliberately tried to bore me, because at least that would leave me guessing at what their plans are.
    Last edited by owbu; 2019-08-12 at 09:30 AM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And Alliance also needs to learn the same about Horde casualties.
    Yes, factions make even less sense when war means that both factions commit war crimes and then both of them start civil wars out of guilt.

Most of them if they are going to make it interesting. Have not felt any threat in wow for a long time.
    Do you hear the voices too?

How can N'zoth reasonably kill anyone now that a potion which immunize you against whispers exist ?

I am anticipating some sort of big twist coming with N'zoth. Especially after Mechagon, where it is repeatedly emphasized that we should actually appreciate the Curse of Flesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I don't think you read my post. I specifically ruled out Varian because it was far from 1v1, with Gul'dan having an army behind him, and it was self sacrifice anyway. The writers destroyed the emotional impact of Varian's death by doing that. They wasted Varian. Gul'dan didn't get a clean kill. It was tainted. So it did NOTHING to build up Gul'dan.
    It wasn't supposed to build up Gul'dan. He wasn't the threat. Varian died to the Burning Legion, because that was the true threat of the expansion, led by Sargeras.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."