Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Classic Name Reservations Today at 3 PDT, Patch 8.2.5 PTR - Updated Worgen Animations

WoW Classic Name Reservations Open Today!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW Classic name reservations open today! Players with an active subscription or game time on their World of Warcraft account can create up to three characters per WoW account before WoW Classic releases worldwide on Monday, August 26 at 3:00 p.m. PDT.

When you reserve a name, you’ll also choose the realm you will play that character on. There are a few additional things to keep in mind as you make your choice:

• Players who choose to play on a PvP realm will only be able to create characters within the same faction. This means that if you create an Alliance character, all further characters on that realm must also be Alliance characters.
    • After WoW Classic is live, you’ll be able to create up to 10 characters on any given realm and can create a maximum of 50 characters across all WoW Classic realms. This character count does not impact the number of characters you can create on the current World of Warcraft realms.
    • Characters that were created for the WoW Classic beta or stress tests will not be available to use in WoW Classic.

To create a character and play WoW Classic, you will need to download and install the client first.

• Open the Battle.net desktop app and select World of Warcraft in the game selection menu.
    • Under the Version menu, select World of Warcraft Classic. If you have more than one World of Warcraft account, you’ll see a second dropdown for Account. In that column, select the active account you want to play on.
    • Click the Install button. You’ll see an installation progress bar that will show you when the installation is available to play.
    • Once the installation is complete, click the Play button.

You’ll need to select the realm you want to play on then select Create New Character. You’ll be able to choose your faction, class, and race, as well as fully customize your new character and name them. If you change your mind about a character and have already created your three, you will need to choose a character to delete. Please note, the name associated with the character deleted will be immediately available again to be claimed.

Before you put your plans too firmly in place, we encourage you to gather your allies together to select your new home realm. If you’re looking to reconnect with your old friends and guildmates, be sure to check out our Classic Connections forum.

Available Realms for North America

Available Realms for Oceania

Once you’ve created your new character, all that will be left is to synchronize your chronometer with your friends and allies and prepare for your world (of Warcraft) domination! We’ll see you in Azeroth at 3:00 p.m. PDT on August 26!

Patch 8.2.5 PTR - Updated Worgen Animations
    Today we are taking a look at some of the new and improved animations for Worgens coming with their model update in Patch 8.2.5. The most notable changes come in their casting and running animations!

Dark Legacy Comics #690
    DLC #690 has been released!

Last edited by Stoy; 2019-08-12 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And NO WHERE in the post does it say what time this starts....

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    I believe it's 3 pacific, but it's incredibly stupid of them not to have it posted again in this message on the day of.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we see our characters from behind when we play, but in the video the cast animations are shown from every direction but. They still do look like a huge upgrade to the wobbly flailing the old models had going on.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I cant justify resubbing for name reserving, especially since the names I'll use are incredibly out there, and if they DO get used then it sucks to be me. Always fun to think of new names anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    So we see our characters from behind when we play, but in the video the cast animations are shown from every direction but. They still do look like a huge upgrade to the wobbly flailing the old models had going on.
    Uh, you sure you watched the video? There is definitely casting animations shown from behind...

TWO English speaking normal PVE realms for whole EU? It can't be legal substances they are smoking at Blizzard.

Oh, and the names are terrible too.

Mhmm? It says right there: 3pm pacific. So 6pm eastern time. It's basically the second line they wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal
    While in a Naxx25 raid near the beginning of wrath, our MT decided to go to the bathroom with his wireless headset on. Unfortunatly, had vent set to voice activated. We heard it all, including the flush, and no hand washing before he said "ok, back, with food!" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derfel
    Dem trolls don't mess wit da fel. Tis' be bad magic, mon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarow View Post
    Mhmm? It says right there: 3pm pacific. So 6pm eastern time. It's basically the second line they wrote.
    "Monday, August 26 at 3:00 p.m. PDT." Is when Classic launches not when the name reservation starts

Name reservation is a cheap move. I will not resub.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Name reservation is a cheap move. I will not resub.
    ... wat?
    /10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    TWO English speaking normal PVE realms for whole EU? It can't be legal substances they are smoking at Blizzard.

Oh, and the names are terrible too.
    These are "mega-servers", each of them being able to accomodate the likes of 10x the capacity of original realms, presumably scalable to infinity, as needed. They could very well have just one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Midnight CEST today.

It's literally right there, in the map.

Formerly known as Arafal

Who cares? Classic was even worse than nowadays WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Midnight CEST today.

It's literally right there, in the map.
    LOL I see it now, tiny as hell on my 27" monitor though

Quote Originally Posted by Daeveren View Post
    These are "mega-servers", each of them being able to accomodate the likes of 10x the capacity of original realms, presumably scalable to infinity, as needed. They could very well have just one.
    Yeah...I mean why even try to make it succeed, if it can be ruined before it even got started. That sure accomplishes it. Whether it's by them being forced to shard all the time, or just having far too many people in the world at the same time; something that wasn't possible back then.

Remember those 5k vs 5k player Tarren mill fights? I sure don't.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2019-08-12 at 05:27 PM.

In the map image, isn't the date shown on the two sides separated by the vertical line that passes through Paris supposed to be different? Right side date should be Tue 13.
    Last edited by Ithilion; 2019-08-12 at 05:36 PM.

So with a max of 10 chars per realm, in order for Oceania players to have more than 20 chars, they'll have to create them on other realms. That sucks for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Who cares? Classic was even worse than nowadays WoW.
    Yes and no. The slower pacing, the grinding was far more fun in classic. But the rest... nah, don't want it back. While i would like some things from classic back (Seals for Paladins, More permanent totems for Shaman), there's a lot that was simply bad. Especially class design with their many 1 button spells.

But here's the deal: they somehow still feel a bit better, because you need to buy your skills AND you played a class, not a spec. Right now we don't have 12 classes on live, we have 36 specs on live. And that's the biggest issue (along with pruning). Classes need to feel like a class, not it's own minispec. A Priest should still be able to heal decently even in Shadow Spec, a Frost Mage should still be able to use fire spells; but not as effective. And stop pruning abilities.

Still: i might play it along with live, simply because of the slower pacing and because i like it, BUT: in the end you are right: Classic is in many cases far worse than live. Especially paladin without crusader strike. BC was simply an improved classic, and Wrath even more. (except shadow priest, the most fun it was in BC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Uh, you sure you watched the video? There is definitely casting animations shown from behind...
    The worgen starts casting when the camera is on the right side, then rotates to the backside to finish the cast. I wanted to see the full casting animations from behind. Not the same.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."