Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Yes and no. The slower pacing, the grinding was far more fun in classic.
    No, it wasnt. It just was time consuming.

But the rest... nah, don't want it back. While i would like some things from classic back (Seals for Paladins, More permanent totems for Shaman), there's a lot that was simply bad. Especially class design with their many 1 button spells.
    Actually, some classes were just op. Think about shadow priests in battle grounds. Or warriors.

But here's the deal: they somehow still feel a bit better, because you need to buy your skills AND you played a class, not a spec.
    Having to buy your skills is gameplay that matters for you? To take a flight point to run to a class teacher is fun to you?

Well. Not to me.

A Priest should still be able to heal decently even in Shadow Spec, a Frost Mage should still be able to use fire spells; but not as effective. And stop pruning abilities.
    But competition. And e-Sport! That does not work well with hundreds of skills you cannot balance properly. </sarcasm>
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Midnight CEST today.

It's literally right there, in the map.
    CEST? what is that in normal Earth Time?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardedfreak View Post
    I hope you are joking.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Who cares? Classic was even worse than nowadays WoW.
    Actually, the fact that Classic is closed realms outweighs everything that retail has to offer. The game will finally get back to having a server community in which players recognize other players.

That in itself is a reason to play classic.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Actually, the fact that Classic is closed realms outweighs everything that retail has to offer. The game will finally get back to having a server community in which players recognize other players.

Good old pink tinted nostalgia goggles. I will ask you in 3 months if you still play classic.

There is a lot of Pathos in classic players argumentations.

And in this case, the word "Pathos" comes from "pathetic".

I'm curious to see how this plays out. If these servers hold considerably more people than Vanilla servers did, it might significantly harder for players to hold more than a few names in mind

Good old pink tinted nostalgia goggles. I will ask you in 3 months if you still play classic.

Unfortunately, no goggles.

Classic as an RPG is just better then retail. It's something you can sink time into and be rewarded for your efforts.

Take pvp for example. A player that invested time to gather the items to make their character stronger have an advantage over other players in pvp. Unlike retail where everything scales (even levels which is a joke).

Blizzard has tried to take esport mentalities and bring it into an RPG which should never be the case.
    The playing field in an RPG is never even, that's the purpose of investing time.

Classic as an RPG is just better then retail. It's something you can sink time into and be rewarded for your efforts.

Take pvp for example. A player that invested time to gather the items to make their character stronger have an advantage over other players in pvp. Unlike retail where everything scales (even levels which is a joke).

Blizzard has tried to take esport mentalities and bring it into an RPG which should never be the case.
    The playing field in an RPG is never even, that's the purpose of investing time.
    I agree with you what RPGs should be about. Yet, WoW Classic wasnt about it. WoW classic was about a lot of time effort for few content. Also, WoW classic could not allow you to work on something that really mattered outside of raids or premade pvp groups, last to be used to play pvp battlegrounds 13 hours a day. Or even more, if you wanted to become grand marshal. Without any other effort than being online. As like sitting in a tower in alterac.

A no lifer who had spare time enough could achieve everything in WoW. A hard working guy not so much. There was a guild on my realm who wanted an unemployment certificate to take raiders to their effort.

That was not just bad, it even was unhealthy to relantionships and people in charge of jobs. WoW Classic destroyed a lot of families and opportunities, and turned people into grinding zombies.

Classic is a better RPG

Retail is a better MMO

It is funny how such a small brain like yours can understand certain words like Pathos but doesn't have enough grey matter to realize that you're just being a PoS for blindly criticizing what others enjoy simply because you personally don't like it.
    We get it dude you're sad and angry at life and probably inadequate in a lot of aspects in life... but news flash... It is 100% ok to let people enjoy things that you don't, and no your opinion isn't wanted because you offered absolutely 0 constructive criticism and no insight as to what your thoughts conveyed.

It is actually quite ironic you have Skinner a behaviorist as a profile picture yet you yourself do not know how to function like a proper human.
    So for the future dude, just keep those dry little hateful lips of yours shut cause no one gives a shit about your negativity

facts! People are so blind, thinking classic is this amazing version of the game when its not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phyzicks View Post
    It is funny how such a small brain like yours can understand certain words like Pathos but doesn't have enough grey matter to realize that you're just being a PoS for blindly criticizing what others enjoy simply because you personally don't like it.
    We get it dude you're sad and angry at life and probably inadequate in a lot of aspects in life... but news flash... It is 100% ok to let people enjoy things that you don't, and no your opinion isn't wanted because you offered absolutely 0 constructive criticism and no insight as to what your thoughts conveyed.

It is actually quite ironic you have Skinner a behaviorist as a profile picture yet you yourself do not know how to function like a proper human.
    So for the future dude, just keep those dry little hateful lips of yours shut cause no one gives a shit about your negativity
    Ahhh you mean like how classic crazies have been sh*tting on live for years not most the time without even playing? yeah id rather the community completely shits on them like we used to, giving private server people what they wanted is the last thing they shouldve caved to. They shouldve DDoS'd all private servers until they shut down

- - - Updated - - -

The game is still at a point where if you invest time you will be better then others. that hasnt changed.

- - - Updated - - -

mmo-champion you need to split the classic crap into another section of this website like the other games. WoW should be main page. Classic can be on another page like overwatch and etc

Anyone know if the 3 name reservations are in total or can per server?

Normal earth time would be UTC. CEST is UTC+2.

The Americas are somewhere between UTC-7 to UTC-9.

in a world where people go batshit over OPTIONAL loot boxes and whine for months. All of a sudden they are perfectly fine with blizzard basically forcing you to get a sub almost a month before classic releases to reserve your name?? The most pointless shit ever, your name on classic doesn matter

UTC22:00

Many countries use summertime so remember to add +1 if yours does
    My Shadowy Priest: Daernan
    My DK tank: Pupuna

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Anyone know if the 3 name reservations are in total or can per server?
    Grand total of three across all servers.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Classic is a better RPG

Retail is a better MMO
    But if you don´t like the idea of classic, why don+t you just let it go? stop commenting negativity here? I mean, I don+t mind it, but it makes no point. Obviously, some people like it. I will, for one, play for several months to get a level 60, do world exploration, pvp and gear a bit. Sure, I will not raid and I will not do much end game.. but I will easily put a year or more into it, who knows.

You can not know if people really like it or not, many won+t even know after maybe 5 months later...

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    TWO English speaking normal PVE realms for whole EU? It can't be legal substances they are smoking at Blizzard.

Oh, and the names are terrible too.
    Most people will play on PvP realms, so it's just bad to have too many realms - especially after the initial hype has died down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    "Monday, August 26 at 3:00 p.m. PDT." Is when Classic launches not when the name reservation starts
    That's them talking about when the servers go live. The 26th. Not the 12th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Most people will play on PvP realms, so it's just bad to have too many realms - especially after the initial hype has died down.
    Most?

/10char