Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm a big DK and Pally fan but would drop them in an instant for this. Blizz make this happen and I'll sign for a year. Where is that take my money gif when I need it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    lol - and how would you feel if it DID happen?
    its a non issue for me, once classic is out i will only play that, but listening to fucbois cry because blizzard cant balance even more classes than the ones the cant manage now will be delicious

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    its a non issue for me, once classic is out i will only play that, but listening to fucbois cry because blizzard cant balance even more classes than the ones the cant manage now will be delicious
    Haha, I see. I'll probably do the same. What did you think of my concept, though?

You talk about bad class balance in retail but also imply that Classic isn't 100 times worse. At least in retail, all the specs are viable in both PvE and PvP rather than specs being utterly useless outside of PvP. Or in the instance of Balance druids utterly useless all around.

But on the topic of this thread, Necromancer has too many issues when it comes to lore with it being implemented. Also, DKs are essentially necromancers already and anything DK doesn't have, Warlocks DO have. A necromancer class is the definition of wishful thinking but I'm pretty confident it will NEVER happen.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You talk about bad class balance in retail but also imply that Classic isn't 100 times worse. At least in retail, all the specs are viable in both PvE and PvP rather than specs being utterly useless outside of PvP. Or in the instance of Balance druids utterly useless all around.

But on the topic of this thread, Necromancer has too many issues when it comes to lore with it being implemented. Also, DKs are essentially necromancers already and anything DK doesn't have, Warlocks DO have. A necromancer class is the definition of wishful thinking but I'm pretty confident it will NEVER happen.
    I didnt imply anything about classic. I simply stated retailbros love crying about a 10% disparity in dps amongst specs like the game is broken and adding 3 more to that will entertain me while i play classic

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, I see. I'll probably do the same. What did you think of my concept, though?
    honestly if blizzard put half the love you put into this the game would still be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelwing View Post
    I'm a big DK and Pally fan but would drop them in an instant for this. Blizz make this happen and I'll sign for a year. Where is that take my money gif when I need it.
    That's really flattering. Thank you!

What kind of lore issues are you referring to?

honestly if blizzard put half the love you put into this the game would still be fun.
    Absolutely. I miss when classes felt like actual classes. Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Well if it were me, I would probably say Zandalari perhaps since they can't be Warlocks or maybe Nightborne.

Wow... I must say, Tinker does looks pretty lame compared to this.

*scratches head*

I like this. A lot.

That's really flattering. Thank you!

What kind of lore issues are you referring to?

Absolutely. I miss when classes felt like actual classes. Thank you!
    In lore, necromancy is a banned school of magic. Death knights get away with it because they're not true necromancers and using runic magic rather than the arcane. Necromancers don't have the convenient excuse that DKs have of "We were being controlled." They willfully learned that evil shit. Both factions have been royally hurt by necromancy so I can't see the factions suddenly ignoring the terrible past around necromancy just to let players play a necromancer.

In lore, necromancy is a banned school of magic. Death knights get away with it because they're not true necromancers and using runic magic rather than the arcane. Necromancers don't have the convenient excuse that DKs have of "We were being controlled." They willfully learned that evil shit. Both factions have been royally hurt by necromancy so I can't see the factions suddenly ignoring the terrible past around necromancy just to let players play a necromancer.
    They let warlocks and shadow priests do what they want.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Idk if it has been posted but the necromancer NPCs on island expeditions cast spells in the same color and art style as Diablo 3 necromancers.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They let warlocks and shadow priests do what they want.
    In lore, warlocks are not permitted to use demonology amongst the Alliance. They are only permitted to practice their fire and shadow magic. Shadow priests are kept under really fucking close watch after what happened with the Archbishop too.

Good god.. This is the best thing i ever reaad!

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I wouldn't mind if half the specs were only good for solo play if they are interesting and different enough from the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't mind if half the specs were only good for solo play if they are interesting and different enough from the others.
    Yeah but unfortunately a lot of specs were only viable in PvP and never considered anywhere else.

Healing necromancers are abominations. The Death realm wants living things to die, or probably to turn into undead. Why should it empower someone to prevent exactly this? This is the most moronic thing I have ever seen, and even if there is some kind of precedence for it in other games, it does not make things better.

Just because you can use Light to both heal and damage living creatures you cannot make the logical conclusion that things are the same for Death magic. You know, Death only happens when there is no healing / regeneration...
    Last edited by scubi666stacy; 2019-08-13 at 12:53 PM.

In lore, warlocks are not permitted to use demonology amongst the Alliance. They are only permitted to practice their fire and shadow magic. Shadow priests are kept under really fucking close watch after what happened with the Archbishop too.
    So then that proves there can be classes that use forbidden magic in the lore.

Amazing work and time put in this post. Great stuff. Yeah this Necromancer class, almost seems like what the Death Knight was supposed to be, and no the plate wearing Tank it turned out to be.

Would love to see this become a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    Wow... I must say, Tinker does looks pretty lame compared to this.
    My thoughts exactly, haha. I want a serious class, not a class that makes explosive chicken robots...

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I like this. A lot.
    Much appreciated!

Thank you for reminding us all that Death Knights are not true Necromancers.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Idk if it has been posted but the necromancer NPCs on island expeditions cast spells in the same color and art style as Diablo 3 necromancers.
    Yep, and the graphics look amazing

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Good god.. This is the best thing i ever reaad!
    Why thank you! I put a crap ton of time into to make it sound...amazing lol

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Healing necromancers are abominations. The Death realm wants living things to die, or probably to turn into undead. Why should it empower someone to prevent exactly this? This is the most moronic thing I have ever seen, and even if there is some kind of precedence for it in other games, it does not make things better.

Just because you can use Light to both heal and damage living creatures you cannot make the logical conclusion that things are the same for Death magic. You know, Death only happens when there is no healing / regeneration...
    It's not just about death magic, it's about blood magic, which mostly revolves around healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Amazing work and time put in this post. Great stuff. Yeah this Necromancer class, almost seems like what the Death Knight was supposed to be, and no the plate wearing Tank it turned out to be.

Would love to see this become a reality.
    Thank you!