Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sometimes ideas go viral in the community, despite them being pretty unrealistic. Tinker and removal of factions are two such current fads. I'd recommend to just ignore those

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    /shrug
    Well Emet, Blizzard making bad descisons is par for the course. The best course of action would be to not implement a new class and instead focus heavily on the existing classes and take the best part of legion's individual class focus and put it back into the game.
    No that would be the worst course of action. There was never a point in history of WoW that people were satisfied with class design. Quick example is Classic where class design is total abyss yet people still could enjoy it. You know why? For the same reason some people like current demo and some people liked previous demo: opinions.

Legion was not far from BfA in terms of class design so i really don't know what people are imagining. The only big difference was MoP -> WoD. But even then people complained. So no matter how blizzard designs classes, some part of community will complain. Classes too hard, classes too easy, 3 buttons, too many buttons. Too slow, too fast etc.

The best course of action would be to ignore what people say and implement a new class they think will be good for game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Fair enough. A dumb idea can still be dumb even if it ends up being correct. But they will seem less like dipshits desperately trying to sell shitty ideas if one of the 3 groups end up being correct. If Blizzard wants to be a copy-cat, they should copy job design from FFXIV and give us actually different classes to play with.
    I think most of the stalwart advocates for these classes will end up disapointed anyway, since the class they envisioned won't be the one Blizzard will implement. Especially Tinkerer has a high chance to disapoint in that regard, since there are alot of people that have very distinct ideas about the whole mech thing. While they would probably never admit it, even should there be a winner, for most it would be only in name.

As for FFXIV's job design, I very much doubt it. Unless Blizzard is okay with creating single spec classes, but at that point I'd rather have them add 4th specs where it would fit existing classes. I wouldn't mind them copying their crafting system though. Fuck the soulless wow crafting system, they might as well remove it at this point.

/shrug
    Well Emet, Blizzard making bad descisons is par for the course. The best course of action would be to not implement a new class and instead focus heavily on the existing classes and take the best part of legion's individual class focus and put it back into the game.

But the next expansion will be a "we are sorry, please keep giving us your money" Expansion, so they will try to do a crowd pleaser and going by that Tinkerer is probably the most likely, even though it will break their design paradigm of having a class being relevant to the expansion's story (not going to be the case, unless we keep fucking around in Memeagon). It would be the class with the most straight forward design compared to the non-class of dark ranger or necromancers, which heavily infringes on warlocks mechanically or DKs thematically. There is a small chance for necromancer though, since ESO just did it and Blizzard loves to ride the copy-cat train - it would also better fit with the expansion these, but it would still be a bad descision..

P.S. Can't remember saying anything that would warrant me eating my words, but okay.
    I guess if we get something about Old Golds and / or the Void, then we surely would get a fitting Hero Class, and I would not count the Tinker as one of these, even if it is featured in some fan-concepts and/or "leaks". They could expand the Void Elf lore, probably give the Forsaken a new focus, and whatever.

While I would love to get a Bard class, this would probably never happen, even though there would be some sound arguments why to include the class (new class fantasy with options for all races, a class with additional buff / debuff mechanics, another mail wearing class, additional healer in the roster). And I miss this kind of realism with people who are so much into their favorite pet project that they delude themselves into thinking that Blizzard has no other way than to comply.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No that would be the worst course of action. There was never a point in history of WoW that people were satisfied with class design. Quick example is Classic where class design is total abyss yet people still could enjoy it. You know why? For the same reason some people like current demo and some people liked previous demo: opinions.

Legion was not far from BfA in terms of class design so i really don't know what people are imagining. The only big difference was MoP -> WoD. But even then people complained. So no matter how blizzard designs classes, some part of community will complain. Classes too hard, classes too easy, 3 buttons, too many buttons. Too slow, too fast etc.

The best course of action would be to ignore what people say and implement a new class they think will be good for game.
    You misunderstood me, I want them to add more individual features to classes, story lines and abilities. The current design is essentially mostly focused on generic enhancments to individual abilities (do your signature move and gain +x stat) or flat out generic traits shared among all classes (summon azerite elemental woohoo..). I'd like their endgame progression to focus more on class related effects and less Dagger in the Back and Undulating Tides.

I think most of the stalwart advocates for these classes will end up disapointed anyway, since the class they envisioned won't be the one Blizzard will implement. Especially Tinkerer has a high chance to disapoint in that regard, since there are alot of people that have very distinct ideas about the whole mech thing. While they would probably never admit it, even should there be a winner, for most it would be only in name.

As for FFXIV's job design, I very much doubt it. Unless Blizzard is okay with creating single spec classes, but at that point I'd rather have them add 4th specs where it would fit existing classes. I wouldn't mind them copying their crafting system though. Fuck the soulless wow crafting system, they might as well remove it at this point.
    I would not want to play the Tinker as it is implemented as NPC in the Island Expeditions, that's for sure. I already have a Goblin character, a Shaman who also happens to be an Engineer, and I am quite happy with this character.

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    I guess if we get something about Old Golds and / or the Void, then we surely would get a fitting Hero Class, and I would not count the Tinker as one of these, even if it is featured in some fan-concepts and/or "leaks". They could expand the Void Elf lore, probably give the Forsaken a new focus, and whatever.

While I would love to get a Bard class, this would probably never happen, even though there would be some sound arguments why to include the class (new class fantasy with options for all races, a class with additional buff / debuff mechanics, another mail wearing class, additional healer in the roster). And I miss this kind of realism with people who are so much into their favorite pet project that they delude themselves into thinking that Blizzard has no other way than to comply.
    Adding a Void/Old God class is a bit weird, since we have no real precedent here for one. Cultist isn't exactly much to go by and neither is Dark Shaman which most of the others boil down to. I think it would also be in poor taste if we look at the recent shadow priest shift to void magic. If we go by old god related though and assume it's based on N'Zoth, then the whole death theme opens up, which I already adressed with the necromancer part, even though I think it's a very poor idea.

I agree with your second part though, alot of the people have deluded themselves into thinking their idea is the only true one (I still have this battle mage concept to sell.. anyone? No one? ). It would be nice if we could at least discuss these ideas on a level where we can acknowledge the individual flaws and challenges of these concepts.

7+ Year Old Account
    "everyone"?

Well... for me the biggest tell is mekkatorque. He is encased for some reason. I don't think he is necessary for an eventual mechagnome allied race cause he didn't meet them, overspark did.

It makes me think given his battle with the trade prince and how he will likely fall from grace once Sylvanas is gone they will be the ones to usher in the Tinker class. Why else would he be being kept in stasis by blizz?

Of course the island expedition team is also a huge hint. At this point it just has to happen after that tell. Of course, someone who hasn't been playing the game didn't get to experience this build up.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-08-13 at 08:50 AM.

Cant wait for the expansion announcement so all the Necromancers get put on suicide watch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

While it's obviously not confirmed in any way, assuming we get a new class next expansion as the pattern of new class every second expansion would imply, tinkers are probably the most likely candidate simply due to all the things hinting towards it in BFA. We got the island expedition group, the focus on Mekkatorque and Gallywix and of course Mechagon.

Out of all the original hero classes in wc3 it's probably also the most likely as most of the others either already exist(paladin, archmage, demon hunter, etc), are used in various classes already(mountain king, shadow shaman, keeper of the grove, etc) or are just not really an option(firelord, pitlord, dreadlord, etc).

Really the only ones left I can see as possible are Dark ranger, Tinker and Alchemist. The later two could also easily be made into one class, especially if they want to give them a healing spec.

Dark ranger is another likely potential candidate story wise with the focus on Sylvanas and the potential with the lightbound undead to have a major impact in the next expansion, more so than tinkers. However gameplay wise I feel they are a much weaker candidate as I find it hard to make a class that doesn't just end up feeling way too similar to a hunter. It also would most likely not really fit as a healer or tank spec unlike Tinker which could easily be seen as those, and thus far we have yet to get a new class that doesn't have at least 2 roles. It being a ranged dps is plus though as I doubt we will get another melee dps, but tinker would most likely be ranged as well.

Of course it's also possible that they come up with something completely different or that there is no new class at all, but I would put my money on it being tinker if we are getting a new class the next expansion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes. The professions are fantastic.

Honestly I don't care if classes have one spec or seven. All I want is to have special mechanics beside consuming resources and waiting for procs. Sure, rogue and monks have different numbers of orbs and Astral power is sort of slightly different than Maelstrom, but I want actual differences. Like ninjutsu, iaijutsu, black and white mana, draw, or dances. Or hell, maybe the old heat gauge from Stormblood.

We've had a few minor hints like the tinker-like setup for Gazlowe in Island Expeditions and the gnomes and goblins discovering new technology with azerite and mechagon. If there was ever a time to introduce them, it'd probably be now.

Its just the current craze on this board. The last couple of weeks it was fake expansion leaks, the weeks before it was all about Wrathion etc.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    For how long though? They even were in a leak before this x-pac - they have been going round as a class idea for a long time.

Probably because of Mechagnomes / Tinkertown, Gnomeregan etc etc - and now we got to fight the Hight Tinker in his Robot in a raid, get to make more mechanical mounts, have an entire zone.
    I've been out of forums for a few months, feels like close to a year at least, and in game as I said I've logged in for 8.2, fluffed around a bit, got bored pretty quickly and left.

Yeah I remember people talking about Tinkers for a while (possibly since Cata? sure feels like it...) but seeing a lot of Tinker threads now made me think there's something more concrete than people noticing Mechagon and wheel-mounts... lol

- - - Updated - - -

/shrug
    ...But the next expansion will be a "we are sorry, please keep giving us your money" Expansion, so they will try to do a crowd pleaser and going by that Tinkerer is probably the most likely...
    I'd normally agree 100% here, but think they just don't care enough with the crowd that's proven stoic enough to stick around WoW even through the worst expansions (WoD anyone?), and as far as subs and numbers are concerned - the nostalgic Classic masochists will raise those.

So yeah, sure, it'll be a "sorry, etc..." Blizzcon, but not necessarily WoW expansion. It'll be their (Blizzard) product range in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Cant wait for the expansion announcement so all the Necromancers get put on suicide watch
    Ahahaha, I'm with you there.

I know people disagree that Necros are similar to certain other classes, but there would be way too much intersection with DK army of the dead, raising ghouls etc, and summoner (yes, different but mechanics and playstyle would be very similar) influence of Demo Warlocks.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    I've been out of this pond for a while my people, and came back drawn by the Classic news and temporary boredom.

No, I'm not interested in Classic one bit.

But I'm curious why people are talking about Tinkers so much - lots of threads by the looks of it, etc...

Was there some expansion leak that I've missed or something?

Cheers
    Strongly implied by the BfA content (boss in 2nd raid, mech themed island, mech themed Mythic dungeon).

in a word "mechagon"
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Strongly implied by the BfA content (boss in 2nd raid, mech themed island, mech themed Mythic dungeon).
    For the sake of further constructive discussion and finding something else I've missed:

All of what you've listed can be explained by -

1. Engineering 2.0 (profession buff/revamp, more likely than Tinkers)
    2. Mechagnomes allied race (pretty much a given, with a home base now built)

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Meannnnnnnnnn! I’ll take any new classes as long as it’s not stuck to only gnomes/goblins or their Allied races if they get any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its a class which a relatively big part of the community wants since years.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..