Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Early Leveling Trick

Some people might not know but you do not get resurrection sickness until level 11 so you can use this to not have to run long distances by taking a death and resurrecting at the spirit healer since most are close to or outside of quest hubs. This saved me a ton of time in the first areas, and getting to the crossroads in record time in the stress test lol.

Also it is not abusing anything since it is the way the game is designed and it is working as intended.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    As for tailoring? Well, the most in demand thing for anyone at launch? Bags. No one has them, they drop rarely, and buying them from a vendor is a fortune.
    If you farm boars level 5+ you get some 6 slot bags quite easily, just gotta farm them a bunch if you can stand that board sound haha.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2019-08-13 at 01:42 PM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Some people might not know but you do not get resurrection sickness until level 11 so you can use this to not have to run long distances by taking a death and resurrecting at the spirit healer since most are close to or outside of quest hubs. This saved me a ton of time in the first areas, and getting to the crossroads in record time in the stress test lol.

Also it is not abusing anything since it is the way the game is designed and it is working as intended.
    You can however combine it with abuse of the unstuck system. If your hearthstone is on cooldown, using the unstuck feature will kill you and pop you right at the spirit healer. Useful if you've just been in the rear of Orgrimmar and want to go back to Durotar quick'ishly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Even after 11 it can be worth a taking the res sickness to get somewhere quicker.

I Was doing this also, am surprised not many actually knew about it. Good tip, especially for getting to quest hand ins near a specific area.

Another good tip, is profs early on. Don;t bother with Mining and Herbalism. Seriously, just don't. Chances of getting a node are VERY small, especially at launch, as people will be ninjaing them from each other, and you will quickly out-level it.

Pick Tailoring and Skinning. Why? Well, Skinning provides a little bit of extra cash, just hoard it in yoru bank, and the sheer volume of leather around makes it easy to get hold of.

As for tailoring? Well, the most in demand thing for anyone at launch? Bags. No one has them, they drop rarely, and buying them from a vendor is a fortune.
    Level tailoring asap, churn out a few for 20s each or whatever (don't sell on AH, just trade them in Goldshire/Crossroads) and by level 150, you will have made a fair amount of cash from levelling (make sure to farm humanod mobs especially when levelling, grind out a level or two if needs be as well).

Then, just drop both about 30, and begin on your proper professions. You should have enough saved to buy your first mount easily.

Obviously, if you are just trying to get to max level, ignore this, as it will slow you down, but if you are going at a slower pace, it is an incredibly easy way to get money at server launch.
    On the stress test, I saw plenty of nodes available in Dun Morogh for herbalism. It may not be the same as live, but I think the layering may help with that issue.

Yes, tailoring early on will be a good idea, and skinning is just a steady stream of gold.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd forgotten about this.

iirc, you do still take some durability loss, but repair costs aren't significant enough for that to be a problem at < 11, especially when you're going to replace just about everything you have within the next 10 levels anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Whistl3r View Post
    Even after 11 it can be worth a taking the res sickness to get somewhere quicker.
    Ya I agree, but I am just talking about before it really starts effecting you. You have to weigh the pros and cons of waiting 10 minutes based on your speed and how long you have to wait anyways.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Yeah, I'd forgotten about this.

iirc, you do still take some durability loss, but repair costs aren't significant enough for that to be a problem at < 11, especially when you're going to replace just about everything you have within the next 10 levels anyway.
    It also doesn't matter if any of your gear that's not a weapon or wand gets broken at that level. Losing that 15 armor isn't going to hurt too much.

Didn't really work for me. It's literally impossible to kill yourself in the spider den in Teldrassil for example. Any mob that you're trying to let it kill you will be killed by other players killing everything in sight ;-)

I mainly saw a lot getting sploshed on, but as I said, it just isn't really worth the hassle with all honesty. Better to wait until people have gotten bored of it, and then let the starter zones clear up a little before doing so. It will take a fraction of the time, especially when you are a bit higher and don't aggro everything.

As I said, Tailoring for the bag making (and maybe selling some shitty greens to casters, there will be a LOT of Mages and Locks early on), and skinning just for the regular supply and the ease of acquiring it
    When I took a look at Elwynn, there weren't too many nodes around, but Dun Morogh was littered with herbs.

Herbalism can be leveled very quickly by a level 40 with a mount, so doing it later is perfectly fine.

I will be leveling with herb/tailoring, with my bank guy being an enchanter. I'll still be able to make the low-level wands, which will sell like crazy for the first few weeks

The easiest way for a NE to go to the human and dwarf/gnome starting areas. If you try rezzing at your body all the way, the Wetlands trek is a nightmare.

I may have done something wrong, but I did the Wetlands to Ironforge spirit run to get some weapons training. When I got to IF graveyard I was sent back to the Wetlands when I rezzed. From my testing I was getting rezzed at the nearest graveyard that I died at.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    I may have done something wrong, but I did the Wetlands to Ironforge spirit run to get some weapons training. When I got to IF graveyard I was sent back to the Wetlands when I rezzed. From my testing I was getting rezzed at the nearest graveyard that I died at.
    Some areas are exceptions and have strange GY behavior like that unfortunately.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    The easiest way for a NE to go to the human and dwarf/gnome starting areas. If you try rezzing at your body all the way, the Wetlands trek is a nightmare.
    For those going the other way, the Wetlands death run can be dispensed with entirely. There's a gap in the mountains west of Ironforge, near the northwest corner of the zone, with a long drop down. A death there will put you at the spirit healer outside Menethil Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    But you should not do this of course, as the NE leveling area is far superior in xp/hr than the human or dwarf ones. Darkshore is one of the best in the game.

This saved me a ton of time in the first areas, and getting to the crossroads in record time in the stress test lol.
    1-5 is 20mins
    1-10 is 40mins
    1-60 is 8-10 days

Not sure if shaving off a few seconds is that huge of a deal, when later on you can shortcut the leveling time by days with:

> a list of alternative grinding zones (CLOSE BY) if the #1 spot is allready crowded
    > skipping awfull time wasting traveling quests
    > not doing things you will doing at 60 anyways for months
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    1-5 is 20mins
    1-10 is 40mins
    1-60 is 8-10 days

Not sure if shaving off a few seconds is that huge of a deal, when later on you can shortcut the leveling time by days with:

> a list of alternative grinding zones (CLOSE BY) if the #1 spot is allready crowded
    Those times are assuming no one is competing with you for stuff which is pretty much always not the case, you will not be 10 in 40 minutes with other people around unless you are a hunter or high DPS class.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2019-08-13 at 05:02 PM.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

1-5 is 20mins
    1-10 is 40mins
    1-60 is 8-10 days

Are you saying getting to level 10 in 40 min?

That's not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Res sickness is 1 minute per level above 10 until it his maximum duration, so if you know you have a minute or two of vendoring and quest turn ins then its still not an issue for a few more levels.
    /s

1-5 is 20mins
    1-10 is 40mins
    1-60 is 8-10 days
    I would love to see 1-10 in 40 mins...