Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I totally agree. Warmode should disable flying in certain areas. They could instead give increased ground mount speed or something to make up for it. Or they could add a new gamemode kinda like world versus world that they have in GW2.

wPvP were fun at the start of the new zones, now it's garbo again.

WPvP is optional. There are virtually no meaningful rewards to WPvP and there never have been. It is ludicrous to expect Blizzard to design around your desire to fart around in the open, wasting your time fighting people for basically no reason. Newsflash, chuckles: Large portions of the playerbase don't want to have to waste two hours fighting a bunch of shitheads for next to nothing. Wasting one's time for wasting time's sake isn't fun, or rewarding, or a good use of anyone's time. If you choose to engage in optional content for optional content's sake, then fair enough, but don't you dare expect Blizzard to drop everything and fuck over hundreds of other players and force them into a shittier gameplay experience just because YOU want something. This game isn't all about you.
    "I have watched the other races... I have seen their squabbling, their ruthlessness. Their wars do nothing but scar the land, and drive the wild things to extinction. No, they cannot be trusted. Only beasts are above deceit." - Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Yes, the ground limits the enemy to a heavily restricted 2D plane, our scouts are almost guaranteed to see them coming, and in general ground mount speed is quite slow. An enemy raid will never attack you from an unexpected angle or direction with proper intel.

An no, it's because there have been no pictures to take.

There are no epic encounters anymore. If there are, I haven't seen them, and therefore they must be very rare, since I've been trying to bait and manufacture these encounters, which was easy to do pre-flight.

Send your screen shots if you manage it. I have thousands of mine pre-flight, a great portion of which are on MMO champion already.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for admitting that being grounded is suicide in a video game that only allows you to take meaningful action while grounded; thus, you have validated Alliance claims that Warmode is suicide due to flying since they cannot ground themselves in Warmode.
    Why don't you just have a scout that flies? Seems way more effective than all the shit you did in OP. And no one cares about your little niche activity. Don't remove flight from the rest of the playerbase because you want to line up toy soldiers.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    But thats not a problem of flying. If you want to escape you can simply join another server. Thats what makes warmode bad in the first place.
    Everything that lets people run away from a fight should be removed. Yes, this includes idiotic skills like Vanish and Monk's million dashes away. It's not complicated, you get in a fight, you fight until there's nothing to fight. Cowards trying to save their pixels are a cancer, stop being lame and just fucking fight.

Of course it's rare (to you), you never go up there...and why would you...not like you can accomplish anything from max height anyway, except wave at the others whoa re up there.

Now my answer my question:

How do you know where your ganker is! What is your method for finding an enemy player in a 3D flying world with limited vision range.
    Track Humanoids.

Flying should be available as soon as you reach max level and Warmode should disable flying. Seems like a win-win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have a quote stating Blizzard's intention for WPvP design?
    That's the entire point. There is no world PVP design. There never was. It's all organically developed by the player itself when you encounter the enemy faction. Its left up to players to determine what's fun and what they will do. Whether organizing a raid of Stormwind, boat ganking, flight point camping or just random solo encounters. It's never meant to be fair or honorable.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Here's an alternative:

Removing flying from the latest content, period (in Peace Mode and War mode).
    Here is a better alternative, flying pvp. Mounts that can be equipped with armor and weapons. We could have Air vs ground, air vs air etc. It's rather stupid we have all these wq where use flying vehicles to attack groundvtsrgets and air targets but none of this is available to the player
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I thought all PVPers hated flying? So why are you all flying?

This is a player problem. All the whining little punks who bitch about flying and how it's bad... get it ASAP and fly everywhere. You'll hear the usual excuses - "why gimp myself" etc - but it comes down to this... you all don't have the courage of your convictions. If you did, you'd all not have flying.

OR....

The anti flying contingent is really small, most people, PVPers included, like flying and Blizzard should tell the anti flyers to F off and shut up.

I'm all up for flying being only available in WM off, as long as it's not also time gated behind half a year of waiting and a bunch of annoying grinds. But I feel then people like OP will complain that there is no one around, and you have to organize the events on both sides to get any action. And then activision will slap on another heavy handed fix like double rep gain with WM on and we will be back here, except with no flying at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you get the guy that hovers at max ceiling height afk between his ganks?

How do you even know where he is? It difficult enough to find enemy players on a 2D plane with restricted movement, how do you find people in a 3D-open space with no movement restrictions? Can you find a needle in a bale of hay being blown up a shaft by a high powered fan?
    Human tracker and food to track people.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Which is why flying is delayed for the last 3 expansions cause of people and their pointless, irrelevant World PvP.

They really need to get some balls and do big changes but they would never do that.

War mode is a good idea done wrong, just get creating 100v100 areas or something similar, but "developer time" and all that stupid excuses they can give.

Instanced PvP is the only PvP that makes sense cause its not insanely shit, they should have the balls to create instanced areas with extra PvP objectives etc, and let people battle it out ala warmode style.

Flying disabled, rez at Spirit Healer areas with like a 40 yard immunity to avoid camping etc, it aint even hard.
    same oppinion here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    I'm all up for flying being only available in WM off, as long as it's not also time gated behind half a year of waiting and a bunch of annoying grinds. But I feel then people like OP will complain that there is no one around, and you have to organize the events on both sides to get any action. And then activision will slap on another heavy handed fix like double rep gain with WM on and we will be back here, except with no flying at all.
    and this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKat View Post
    You could also queue up for the actual raid event. Blizzard literally has a mode especially for you. You're salty because players won't play the way YOU want them to play. I really enjoyed the 'if we bring 40, then the Horde brings 80' comment. Why should we allow you to ROFLSTOMP us when you outnumber us?
    Because now there are no alliance raids for you to rolfstomp. They don't stand a snowball's chance in hell. You have nothing to kill anymore more on a group/raid level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    If Blizzard announced the removal of all rewards and flying in WM, and restricited WM to Stormsong Valley/Vol'dun/Nazjatar, to account for player loss, I'd gladly accept it. Merge it all into a single shard.

Here's an alternative:

Removing flying from the latest content, period (in Peace Mode and War mode).
    No. You had your groundie fun. Now the time is for flying. Adapt or die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro