Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Benthic gear only works in Naz and Bosses did not die quicker with Benthic Gear. Hardly OP.

If you do any content outside of the current raid tier like M+ you're still going to need higher ilvl gear because the effects dont work. Won't even work in the next tier of raiding.

So no Benthic isn't "better".

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    You don't need to upgrade it to 425 and get sockets for it to still be BiS.
    Is there a list of which Benthic pieces are best for which class/specs?

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Is there a list of which Benthic pieces are best for which class/specs?
    Icy-veins and Wowhead might show it under the specific spec section.

However, although these sites are great, they often have misleading information, so to be 100% sure you should sim it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Benthic gear only works in Naz and Bosses did not die quicker with Benthic Gear. Hardly OP.

If you do any content outside of the current raid tier like M+ you're still going to need higher ilvl gear because the effects dont work. Won't even work in the next tier of raiding.

So no Benthic isn't "better".
    What are you talking about?! ofc bosses did die quicker with benthic gear, that's why every one was farming it, even Scripe (Method's raid leader) said he should have had more time to farm those pieces like the rest of the team but he didn't had time due to preparing tactics and all that stuff.

So yes, 3- 4 pieces of Benthic are factually better inside the Raid which is what we are talking on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    What are you talking about?! ofc bosses did die quicker with benthic gear, that's why every one was farming it, even Scripe (Method's raid leader) said he should have had more time to farm those pieces like the rest of the team but he didn't had time due to preparing tactics and all that stuff.

So yes, 3- 4 pieces of Benthic are factually better inside the Raid which is what we are talking on this topic.
    Everyone from PTR testing were saying this was going to be a one week raid and that ended up not being true. Ashvane and Za'qul even became roadblocks for guilds which required them to do multiple split runs for GEAR. If Benthic gear was so OP neither of these things should've been needed because all this hype people put into this gear being better than mythic gear. Going back to get better gear to put you above DPS checks even with Benthic gear shouldn't be needed if the hype was real.

Even then it could be argued that Blizzard nerfing of Queen 3 times just to avoid this raid going three weeks. /tinfoilhat

Having the occasional BiS piece come from elsewhere is a good thing IMO. It keeps raiders at least somewhat interested in other aspects of the game, and lets non-raiders get a little bump of satisfaction from getting a cool piece of loot. I could understand this being an issue if it was most of the pieces, but it's not. It's a few pieces on a few specs.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Having the occasional BiS piece come from elsewhere
    Turned out to be 3-4 benthic pieces for this tier, not incl. m+ azerite. Yeah, just one good benthic piece would have been alright (just in my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Everyone from PTR testing were saying this was going to be a one week raid and that ended up not being true. Ashvane and Za'qul even became roadblocks for guilds which required them to do multiple split runs for GEAR. If Benthic gear was so OP neither of these things should've been needed because all this hype people put into this gear being better than mythic gear. Going back to get better gear to put you above DPS checks even with Benthic gear shouldn't be needed if the hype was real.

Even then it could be argued that Blizzard nerfing of Queen 3 times just to avoid this raid going three weeks. /tinfoilhat
    I don't think you are understanding. Its not ALL benthic gear that is good. There are 3/4 specific pieces that are completely outclassing 455 with bis stats. WF raiders were farming them because they were that strong. Obviously they still had to do split runs for weapons, trinkets and Azerite pieces.

I've wasted more than 500 pearls and I haven't seen a single bracer with the proper effect+socket, I have raiders with 1k Pearls wasted to get the perfect item, after that its farming the upgrades which is 200+ pearls per item.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Having the occasional BiS piece come from elsewhere is a good thing IMO. It keeps raiders at least somewhat interested in other aspects of the game, and lets non-raiders get a little bump of satisfaction from getting a cool piece of loot. I could understand this being an issue if it was most of the pieces, but it's not. It's a few pieces on a few specs.
    The problem with this model is that non-raiders will probably just delete the benthic gear pieces because they are 425 and worst than any item level upgrade outside raids, while raiders are subjected to RNG of proccing the proper effect on said piece and then another RNG layer to actually proc a socket.

I don't mind having BiS from outside raids as long as its something I know I can work towards with a proper chance of getting it instead of an endless grind on 5 chars just to feed my main for the chance of a socket.