Ok? Can someone explain this to me.

Me and enemy Mei both use our ultis at the same. We're both getting frozen by each others ultis. We both get frozen and she could get 2 shots and I only could get one after the freeze? Wtf is going on? How could she get 2 shots when I could only got one? We were both frozen at the same time, how could she fire 2 shots after when I could only fire one before I died? It was almost charged up to shoot when the second shot came from the enemy Mei. How could she charge the shot faster? We both got unfrozen at the same time. What usually happens in these cases is that we kill each other with the second shot.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-07-23 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Ok? Can someone explain this to me.

Me and enemy Mei both use our ultis at the same. We're both getting frozen by each others ultis. We both get frozen and she could get 2 shots and I only could get one after the freeze? Wtf is going on? How could she get 2 shots when I could only got one? We were both frozen at the same time, how could she fire 2 shots after when I could only fire one before I died? It was almost charged up to shoot when the second shot came from the enemy Mei. How could she charge the shot faster? We both got unfrozen at the same time. What usually happens in these cases is that we kill each other with the second shot.
    Latency. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Latency. /10chars
    Uh, how? I've got very low ms to the server. This shouldn't make or break the game in this manner.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2019-07-23 at 02:51 PM.

Uh, how? I've got very low ms to the server. This shouldn't make or break the game in this manner.
    An interaction that involves you talking to the server, the server talking to you, while this other Mei talks to the server and the server talks back to the Mei, it's entirely reasonable for one end of this interaction to think there was no possible time for a second RMB to be shot while the other Mei kills you with her second RMB. On top of that there's some fucky stuff the game does itself, like attacker preference when determining a death etc. I don't think it's much of a stretch to know that fucky shit like this can happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their are a lot of pros actually trapped in silver for reasons like this, I believe ThatsOurEric is one of them. Even a normally GM Reinhardt can't get out of silver because Rein is not a DPS carry.
    I'm in your head huh? Damn, broke another one.

Entire weekend was a clusterfuck of suck. Just one god awful game right after the other.
    Trying to climb but as per usual, the garbage thrown my way sweeps me out to the sea
    of shit that is Overwatch Matchmaking. So many players who have no idea how to
    communicate, let alone play compositions and the heroes they pick. Just dumpster fire
    fire after dumpster fire.

Lost 200 SR, which is now going to be a monumentally frustrating ordeal just to get
    BACK to where I started.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-07-28 at 07:21 AM.

7 games in a row with at least 1 person proclaiming to not care if he gets reported for throwing after saying he won't play because they have more accounts to play on.

Blizzard really needs to hunt them down and terminate all accounts associated with their IP.

Woooooooo

Another retarded reinhardt doing the shatter insta charge that turns a good shatter into only 1 kill.

PSA Reinhardts everywhere this is shit, stop.

This was a fucking 4k game. YOU LAUNCH MOST OF THE SHATTER AWAY FROM YOUR TEAM AT HIGH VELOCITY.

This just triggers me, I wasn't mean to him in game.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-08-08 at 09:49 AM.

ThatsOurEric is that person with 5 alt accounts but not a single one higher ranked then diamond.

When he loses on his plat alt account hes the one who types "you hard stuck plat noobs threw the game".

Hes the one who tells everyone on his team how stupid their pick is and what they should play instead.

Hes the one with 45% accuracy on McCree missing half his shots but it's the Mercy who didn't heal him who's the reason why he lost.

Don't upset ThatsOurEric, hes probably in his late 20s or early 30s and hes very angry if you mess up his games
    It's not his fault hes not higher then plat/diamond, it's all his stupid team mates ruining his evenings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Woooooooo

Another retarded reinhardt doing the shatter insta charge that turns a good shatter into only 1 kill.

PSA Reinhardts everywhere this is shit, stop.

This was a fucking 4k game. YOU LAUNCH MOST OF THE SHATTER AWAY FROM YOUR TEAM AT HIGH VELOCITY.

This just triggers me, I wasn't mean to him in game.
    You've seen nothing until you've heard the his shield about to break, dropped Immortality Field, then watched him press Shift out of it and into the middle of the enemy team.

A lot of Reinhardt players are very shit at Reinhardt.

Got back into masters again just before the season ended. It really can be a headache as the only way I seem to win games is to completely take control of the game and hard carry, which can really only be done in the support role as Ana or Moira.

I really wish the "avoid player" list was much longer. Before the avoid feature, the same players were always on my team 3 or even 4 times in a row. Now they RARELY show up on the other team when I avoid, which leads me to believe there is another hidden way to determine SR that we are not seeing. Why else would it be that much different depending on what team the person is on? It's odd that a player doesn't belong in a game unless they are on my team. Meanwhile I see the same smurfs on the opposing team in that same streak of games, and never on my team.

Hopefully role queue will breath some life into this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I've played 20 games so far, only winning maybe 4 or 5, and losing the vast majority.
    There are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many shitty players on now, and the matchmaking is
    ensuring that I get these worthless players on my team every single time.

Played with my friend on US servers, they really need to crack down on the abusive chat in this game. 3 games played, 5 people telling me to kill myself, 3 telling me I should get cancer and 3 people who were racist to me because of my battletag and one person saying he'd rape me.

Played really well in qualifying for this season, lost 300 points. Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Played with my friend on US servers, they really need to crack down on the abusive chat in this game. 3 games played, 5 people telling me to kill myself, 3 telling me I should get cancer and 3 people who were racist to me because of my battletag and one person saying he'd rape me.
    Wauw, is that limited to the US servers?

On the EU side it's mostly angry people who bitch about how they are the best and rest of the team are the worst but nothing that aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You've seen nothing until you've heard the his shield about to break, dropped Immortality Field, then watched him press Shift out of it and into the middle of the enemy team.

A lot of Reinhardt players are very shit at Reinhardt.
    More likely, there's a lot of people who don't trust their team to do the right thing and act accordingly.

Not saying it's right, but it's how I view it.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So after messing around with my placement matches with the new role lock, couple of things I noticed.

1. Wins are now HEAVILY based on teamwork. Not that they weren't already previously, but definitely the
    games I won, even with players excelling in certain roles, STILL needed everyone playing together. Dps
    backing up tanks, call outs, healing priority, etc.

2. Losses are equally heavily based on whoever was lacking. Now if you lose, 80% of the time, someone was
    significantly lacking in a department. A lot of my game losses were due to either bad play from tanks, or just
    abysmally shit dps.

Either way, I've probably encountered significantly more toxicity than ever before. And holy shit, there's still
    no improvement in the match making system. So all in all, an utterly worthless update.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-08-14 at 02:41 AM.

15% win rate after coming back from another break. Overwatch really know how to keep its players around. If only they knew how to do something simple like drop MMR after long periods of absence from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    To me it looks like placement came with a hard reset on MMR, so you're going to be playing with a different set of players from before.
    Can anyone confirm? This is quite exciting. I've been wanting to play genji at a reasonable SR without having to tank my alt by 1000 points, becuase boy does my genji suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone confirm? This is quite exciting. I've been wanting to play genji at a reasonable SR without having to tank my alt by 1000 points, becuase boy does my genji suck.
    It's not a hard reset, there may be some 'softness' to it, but they've been tracking your role based MMR since season 15 so there could be some significant variation between roles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    More likely, there's a lot of people who don't trust their team to do the right thing and act accordingly.

Not saying it's right, but it's how I view it.
    I mean, pressing shift when your barrier breaks is never the right thing to do. When you hear Bap shouting "Step inside to stay alive", and your screen goes all flashy accordingly, that's even more reason to not press it.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Rein knockback resistance is too weak. They need to ramp it by like 200%. You still don't get to play your character if you pick rein.

What was the point of this "buff"? It doesn't do anything. They need to like make his shield block everything, including doomfists charge.
    Last edited by Empte; 2019-08-14 at 08:08 PM.