Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What city would you like to see for homeless races e.g. NElves/forsaken/HElves etc

Barring things like sharing Suramar (night elves) , sharing Silvermoon (void/high elves), sharing darkshore or Theramore (forsaken)

Night Elves:

For me, I think if they designed a night elf city like Zin'Azshari in warbringers use to look like, that would be very cool.

As for High elves:

Take a look at this: It's Skywall, I don't know about you, but it just screams high elf. If return to Silvermoon never becomes an option i'd go for that.

Forsaken:

I think Icecrown Citadel would be very fitting and grand. Alternatively they could do something with the ruins of Theramore.

Well for Blood Elves, definitely a Silvermoon rebuilt.

either look like this

Or redone to a grander version of this:

Or like this:

No High elves, No void elves allowed. They abandoned their people and are no longer a part of it, let them go find their own city

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Take a look at this: It's Skywall, I don't know about you, but it just screams high elf. If return to Silvermoon never becomes an option i'd go for that.

How will the high elves get up there? I wouldn't bat an eyelid if the high elves died a slow and painful death.

Man, elf fans are weird.

The night elves want nothing to do with even the main architecture of their past. Everything in their culture is now trees or priest of Elune related.

There are only a few hundred high elves and void elves combined. Perhaps rebuild a small town in the Hinterlands next to the Wildhammer dwarves? They already have small villiages in place.

Forsaken should just rebuild Brill and make that whole area into the new city using the Forsaken style buildings. Make it large enough to go all the way to the ocean with their own docks. Could add clean up content for the players to clean up the undercity like the Forsaken normally do after a bombing or spill.

I would like an expo where we actually rebuild stuff. Rather then Blizzard just releasing a patch and bam its all fixed. Make it more personal let us collect resources/quests/collect followers ect... and have us the players help rebuild the old world/citys. Make it take forever for just one city/village with realistic timeframes for projects. (also add player/guild housing while they are at it!) Could possibly be some good long term content.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    The night elves want nothing to do with even the main architecture of their past. Everything in their culture is now trees or priest of Elune related.
    Elune was and is the core of their society. When the Kaldorei branched off from the rest of Night Elf society after the Sundering they just replaced arcane studies with nature studies. Their nation and capitol was originally called Elun'dris, then when Azshara came to power it was renamed to Zin'Azshari. The Tomb of Sargeras was the main Temple of Elune before the Sundering. The whole matriarchy aspect of Night Elf society comes from the Priesthood of Elune which was gender exclusive for a very long time.

The Night Elves continued to build elaborate structures, just refer to the Temple of Elune in Darnassus, as well as all of the ruins at Mount Hyjal. Hyjal was settled after the Sundering, everything there is what they decided to build after they broke away from their arcane traditions.

All of that being said, I would really prefer a new city to be a mix of:

and

I want to see some impressive and artistic tree-shaping to build a lot of structures, especially in the druid/hunter side of the city. I would then like to see more grandiose stone/wood structures for the Priesthood and Mage side of the city. I would then like to see a melding of both for the Martial side of the city where the Sentinels and Wardens train.

The Forsaken I'd like to see something like Menzoberranzan:

I'd like to see an underground city that they undead dig out for themselves like the Undercity, but with the intent of keeping it extremely inhospitable for the living. I'd like to see a bigger influence of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow and less Scourge-like architecture. Essentially have the Forsaken lean more towards something like the Warhammer Dark Elves, and less like the Warhammer Skaven (which they currently take a heavy lean towards). I think one story reason for their new home is that the Forsaken find an old and abandoned city of the Black Empire, or something from the Aquir Empire that the Trolls drove them out of. The Forsaken take over that region and re-purpose it as their own.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    No High elves, No void elves allowed. They abandoned their people and are no longer a part of it, let them go find their own city
    High elves? "Abandoned their people"? You seem to have a strange way of wording "got exiled by their people". Yes, the "high elves" didn't "abandon their people." It actually was the other way around: "their people" abandoned them.

High Elves can stay in Dalaran. I'm hoping Gilneas gets re-built/restored and Night Elves can just crash there as Worgen repaying the night elves because they were the first to help them in the first place. Forsaken it highly depends on what direction the story takes them. We still have no idea who their leader will be by the end of the expansion or what their role will be going forward. Suramar should be phased for Nightborne, it is glorious and a waste to not use as a capital city for the Horde.

Void Elves I just don't care about, I really don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    They can stay where they currently are.

They are not any extra special than any other race currently in game to warrant such rabid fanaticism.

This guy and his daily elf post again.

I want to see more elven cities like current Teldrassil. That's a fitting theme.

Source? Proof? Or reasoning behind the first sentence.

I noticed Darnassus wasn't trees, and I noticed all the non-druid night elves actually lived in buildings, strongholds or cities.

Night Elves booking with the worgen in Gilneas or planting a new world sapling in Tirisfal Glades that blots out the sun all the way to Silvermoon.

Undead living in the burnt Teldrassil stump like those furbolg in Grizzly Hills. They love ruined wrecks of former civilizations, they'll be right at home.

Gnomes give up on Gnomeregan and instead turn Mechagon City into a giant, GIANT robot. Think the Exodar, or this walking town in Minecraft. <3

Barring things like sharing Suramar (night elves) , sharing Silvermoon (void/high elves), sharing darkshore or Theramore (forsaken)

Night Elves:

For me, I think if they designed a night elf city like Zin'Azshari in warbringers use to look like, that would be very cool.

As for High elves:

Forsaken:

I think Icecrown Citadel would be very fitting and grand. Alternatively they could do something with the ruins of Theramore.

Forsaken taking the ruins of Theramore, damn, that could be the biggest dick move ever. And it's totally something Sylvanas would do

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    I would like an expo where we actually rebuild stuff. Rather then Blizzard just releasing a patch and bam its all fixed. Make it more personal let us collect resources/quests/collect followers ect... and have us the players help rebuild the old world/citys. Make it take forever for just one city/village with realistic timeframes for projects. (also add player/guild housing while they are at it!) Could possibly be some good long term content.
    My brother posted a great post on something like this on the forums. Basically over the next 3-4 expansions players get race campaigns and get to build their race's capital city and capital zone.

Rather than build 13 cities for one expansion, the developers can instead plan the full scope and art of the racial city and zone, but design it incrementally, releasing more portions of the cities with the patches, but instead of giving the players bam, they have to build it. And as it is not character progress related, this can begin at earlier levels, and continues without need to reset with new expansions, unlike player gear and power levels.

Furthermore, perks to this include seeing your racial troops more, instant hearth to your capital you share with other members of your race. New wings of your city open up new quests. The first area is the sanctuary area, and because you share the same phase with other players, this is important, because the expansions are local to your client only, a person you are standing next to would be seeing different city scape, but because the sanctuary is the first stage built after the opening quest, the space is the same.

Many extra perks can be added to this, to make a very interesting experience.

Source? Proof? Or reasoning behind the first sentence.

I noticed Darnassus wasn't trees, and I noticed all the non-druid night elves actually lived in buildings, strongholds or cities.
    Darn was either tree dwellings or Elune styled. There was no architecture like anything in the original capital near the well. The High Elves/Highborne were shunned. Silvermoon is styled in their manner. Darn is styled after Tyrande and Malfurion's style because they want no connection to their arcane using ancestry.

With the Forsaken driven out of Undercity, the Worgen should re-take Gilneas and the Night Elves should set up in Silverpine and begin rejuvenating the forest. Forsaken should create a sprawling patch of dark and gloomy in Stonetalon Mountains in the area where the Goblins and Gnomes are fighting (surely that's been resolved at this point with everything else). Mag'har should set up in Northern Barrens in the area that was all stuff for SoO that is no longer relevant.

Darn was either tree dwellings or Elune styled. There was no architecture like anything in the original capital near the well. The High Elves/Highborne were shunned. Silvermoon is styled in their manner. Darn is styled after Tyrande and Malfurion's style because they want no connection to their arcane using ancestry.
    What you call Elune style is the night elf style. Highborne is not a race, it's a caste. The night elves built Elun'dris, the night elves studied arcane, the night elves studied druidsm. It's not a different race here. When night elves build urban centres, simpler versions would look like Darnassus, more advanced and larger ones would look like Suramar and Zin'Azshari.

Blizzard updated the night elf architecture with Legion. All you see in the broken isles from Suramar to Val'sharah - whether city, temple, forest, Black Rook Hold, Moonguard Stronghold, Warden Vault - these are ALL night elven, and they are not less so because of the past.

Do you see how incredible the temple of Elune's Cathedral of Eternal night is - and did you not notice the Temple of Elune in Val'sharah, as well as the ruined ones in Falanaar and Azsuna all had the same modified architecture, including the ruined one in Zin'Azshari - and that is Elune-style as you put it.

I think you are confusing updated art with different architecture. Night elves built Suramar, Zin'Azshari and other places combining arcane and nature magic, when Darnassus was built, aracne magic was not being used by the night elves, but since then they have brand new highborne order. Whether it is Dire maul or a new Zin'Azsahri like city, it's going to have updated art from Legion assets, not from Classic assets. notice the ruins of Zin'Azshari in Azshara zone look very different from the ones in Naz'jatar.. yet it is the same city - except one has the updated art, the other doesn't.

As for the wood style, that's largely druidic communities and rural areas. Without the arcane to build buildings, they instead used wood. besides druids don't like cities or houses, nature is what they view as more beautiful than any elf made structure. That's druids - so they sleep in caves called Barrow dens, or roam the wilds. THis is not the case for other night elves, not priests - who like their temples or civilians from the priest or highborne

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Elune was and is the core of their society. When the Kaldorei branched off from the rest of Night Elf society after the Sundering they just replaced arcane studies with nature studies. Their nation and capitol was originally called Elun'dris, then when Azshara came to power it was renamed to Zin'Azshari. The Tomb of Sargeras was the main Temple of Elune before the Sundering. The whole matriarchy aspect of Night Elf society comes from the Priesthood of Elune which was gender exclusive for a very long time.

The Night Elves continued to build elaborate structures, just refer to the Temple of Elune in Darnassus, as well as all of the ruins at Mount Hyjal. Hyjal was settled after the Sundering, everything there is what they decided to build after they broke away from their arcane traditions.
    And when Zin'Azsahri was destroyed in the sundering, all their other cities had been by the legion. After a broken world they felt they had to ban arcane magic, which is what they use to build up cities, because of this ban and keeping the long vigil, they aren't building anything - they are ancients existing only to prevent the legion from returning, on a constant patrol, not building up new civilizations like other races- and without arcane they weren't rebuilding. Which is why when they come out of isolation, they build Daranssus, a small city in an incredibly short period of time. With arcane magic returned, and ngiht elves and ancients potentially still around who built that - it won't suprirse me.
    Last edited by Mace; 2019-08-14 at 01:40 AM.

night elves should build a new tree city i dont pay a $15 a month for a fantasy mmo to not have a huge tree city in it. blizz could do it right this time if they cared but they dont. idc how much you love highborne or w/e another color of suramar would be a boring cop out. gimme that tree city

forsaken is tougher b/c if they get something new it wouldnt be the ruins of an old city anymore. and you wouldnt want them to make a new human style city or the cartoonish forsaken aesthetic with spikes and green goop all over the place. imo just give em back undercity but expand the surface portion and revamp the insides too. if sylvanas is gone give them some new dark cathedral to be the base of their creepy undead religion

dont think anyone else really needs one. give worgen gilneas for gods sake blizzard its been years.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    The Forsaken I'd like to see something like Menzoberranzan:

I'd like to see an underground city that they undead dig out for themselves like the Undercity, but with the intent of keeping it extremely inhospitable for the living. I'd like to see a bigger influence of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow and less Scourge-like architecture. Essentially have the Forsaken lean more towards something like the Warhammer Dark Elves, and less like the Warhammer Skaven (which they currently take a heavy lean towards). I think one story reason for their new home is that the Forsaken find an old and abandoned city of the Black Empire, or something from the Aquir Empire that the Trolls drove them out of. The Forsaken take over that region and re-purpose it as their own.
    This looks like something I think would be perfect for the void elves - it has a distinctly Thalassian lok feel to it. Defintiely Elven, not human. Void elf capital.

i would like for the undead to take over the ruins of teldrassil