Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hmm that really worries me honestly. Am I the only one?

There's gonna be a difference between broken and broken for classic.

Quote Originally Posted by GaiusLucian View Post
    What about the 3 pre-made characters I made? They will stay right? Cause I made 3 and I can't make additional characters for this "new" test. And I don't wan't to lose the names/characters I made.
    Closed Beta is only till Friday so like 3 days and it has a seperate client, sepretate servers. It's only available to those that were invited to the previous Beta and because it's short they won't invite any more people. You don't have to worry about your 3 characters, they are gona stay until you delete them, as I said Beta has different realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    With patch 8.2 BFA is a perfect 10/10 imho now.
    More like 9/11.

Yes classic is outdated. Yes theres a lot of clouded judgement on how great things were 15 years ago. Yes countless QoL improvements have been made that make the game much better.

But the thing with retail is the leveling is tedious. Tedious in the sense that from the moment you create a brand new character until the moment you hit level 120, nothing in the world stands a chance against you. You are an absolute god with borderline cheat codes enabled just by existing. Level 10? Charge into 4 mobs and aoe them down in any spec on any class. Same thing at level 54 or 92 or 110.

In classic leveling is tedious and much much much slower, but the reward and challenge makes that slog enjoyable. Reaching level 10 took hours, but those hours required me to pay attention and think about how many mobs I can potentially pull and survive, how much mana and HP Ive got, do I have pots if needed. Its still not HARD, but its at least engaging.

I think that the concern with max level content is accurate, a large % of players will tire of the raids after a few runs because they have in fact done them a billion times before and the mechanics are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr easier to manage than todays game, but thats okay...why not just stop caring about who is playing what version and enjoy whatever youre doing?

It's good for streamers, i guess. As a random player, there's not much reason to play.

Do they want people to burn out early? Tempting them with beta access now so close to release seems kinda dumb, either you are ready by now or you fucked it up again. I lean more towards the later. Or it's just cheap hype bait for twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Never underestimate just how delusional Classic flaggers are with their "This matters in Classic but has been REMOVED in Retail!!"-approach though. Apparently, we're literally prevented from meeting people, having fun and feeling rewarded all at the same time.
    It's not that you're being prevented from (in this case), meeting people, it's that almost all organic demand to come together in grouped content is gone. There's no incentive from the player to ever talk to other people, or make any meaningful connection and the game has scaled back almost all of that over the years.

You can stop and talk to people, but more often than not, you won't get anything out of the game for doing that, while in a classic environment, if you made friends with a mage, you now had a MAGE friend, which will net you a bunch of benefits. Now, don't get me wrong, people arent social because it nets them benefits, but it does create a feedback to in this case, mages that there is a meaningful thing to gain from social interaction with, and as a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    It's not that you're being prevented from (in this case), meeting people, it's that almost all organic demand to come together in grouped content is gone. There's no incentive from the player to ever talk to other people, or make any meaningful connection and the game has scaled back almost all of that over the years.

You can stop and talk to people, but more often than not, you won't get anything out of the game for doing that, while in a classic environment, if you made friends with a mage, you now had a MAGE friend, which will net you a bunch of benefits. Now, don't get me wrong, people arent social because it nets them benefits, but it does create a feedback to in this case, mages that there is a meaningful thing to gain from social interaction with, and as a mage.
    The benefit in making friends never went away.
    The interest in making friends online did.

The sheer amount of insecurity in this thread is amazing. What a bunch of man babies

Quote Originally Posted by illiterite View Post
    Yes classic is outdated. Yes theres a lot of clouded judgement on how great things were 15 years ago. Yes countless QoL improvements have been made that make the game much better.

But the thing with retail is the leveling is tedious. Tedious in the sense that from the moment you create a brand new character until the moment you hit level 120, nothing in the world stands a chance against you. You are an absolute god with borderline cheat codes enabled just by existing. Level 10? Charge into 4 mobs and aoe them down in any spec on any class. Same thing at level 54 or 92 or 110.

In classic leveling is tedious and much much much slower, but the reward and challenge makes that slog enjoyable. Reaching level 10 took hours, but those hours required me to pay attention and think about how many mobs I can potentially pull and survive, how much mana and HP Ive got, do I have pots if needed. Its still not HARD, but its at least engaging.

I think that the concern with max level content is accurate, a large % of players will tire of the raids after a few runs because they have in fact done them a billion times before and the mechanics are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr easier to manage than todays game, but thats okay...why not just stop caring about who is playing what version and enjoy whatever youre doing?
    I have to ask one question but 1st a note I did NOT play vanilla didn't even know the game existed tilll tbc, i didn't enjoy leveling there i found it over done tbh, i still find leveling boring today i enjoyed all of the expansions after that, baring that in mind is there any appeal for me to try classic other than the "try it to see if you like it approach"

back to the topic seems they are trying to iron out so last minuet bugs that they want to make sure are gone be4 it goes live i wish the classic players would appreciate that as i wish they did that with retail. now with classic coming out i wish the classic players that want to
    stay in their game form the past will leave retail alone and stop trying to make it like classic

BFA players are soooooo mad dude.
    I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    The benefit in making friends never went away.
    The interest in making friends online did.
    I don't know if this is true or not, but there's a stark difference in how BfA treats social interactions and how it organically occurs vs how classic does it, evidently a lot of people favour the latter over the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    BFA players are soooooo mad dude.
    I love it!
    im not mad tbh trying to work out whiter its worth trying or not, as i didnt play back in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    im not mad
    Yeah i mean others in this post clrealy hate ANYTHING about Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    tbh trying to work out whiter its worth trying or not, as i didnt play back in vanilla
    Give it a try of you are subbed!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Agreed. No amount of Beta testing will fix what is a fundamentally archaic, slow and broken game.

I find it hilarious these Classic Zealots call BFA "broken" when Vanilla was a hundred times worse.
    These fucking people who say my game is bad. Theirs is 100x worse. /Hipocrasy off

Some people prefer their wow to be more of an arpg made by the diablo 3 team. That’s fine, enjoy Bfa

Some of us prefer their WoW to be more of a traditional mmorpg like eq made by old eq players and devs

There’s enough wow for us all but for whatever reason on this particular forum, there’s a lot of insecurity about classic from the bfa crowd.

It honestly reminds me a lot of vanilla wows original launch and the insecurity that gathered with my old eq guild as one by one people just disappeared for wow. Their insecurity eventually grew into paranoia and anger. Not unlike what we are seeing now by some Bfa players

Quote Originally Posted by GaiusLucian View Post
    What about the 3 pre-made characters I made? They will stay right? Cause I made 3 and I can't make additional characters for this "new" test. And I don't wan't to lose the names/characters I made.
    I assume you mean your saved names, these are on the 'actual' servers and not the test realms. You shouldn't even be able to see them.

I don't really see why its necessary since release is only a few weeks away.

Also LOL at these people who keep spouting shit about Classic in every single thread. Always the same people...

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Broken and difficult are two very different things.
    I don’t think anyone has ever called vanilla “difficult”...