Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can night elves still turn into naga? Might they be able shift at will? Eredar too?

I wonder... that would have been very interesting if they could shapeshit at will. However I have noticed that when naga become those monstrosities, they do somehow revert to their night elven form, also noticed Queen Azshara's emissaries are all night elven females (if it is a lore thing and they look more like copies.).

I know Azshara can shift at will, I wonder if the naga actually much prefer and like their naga appearances, pretty much like the Eredar Man'ari preferred their twisted engorged visages, and if they could turn at will, they find it inferior. No indication of that at all, just wondering.

Secondly..
    We know that night elves can still turn into Satyr, even against their will

Last I checked the debate was still raging if night elves can still turn into high elves. Did they ever resolve that? Last I checked, when a rogue night elf was caught breaking the ban on the arcane, he was severed from his connections and exiled, becoming a high elf (in appearance at least), we were debating this 11 years ago, but I quit wow for a while , so not sure it got resolrved.

Without the nightwell, night elves can't turn into nightborne.

However there have been no cases of the reverse. Except for Elune turning some satyrs back to night elves. night elf to high elf transitions looks permanent, but as an induced event, it might be possible this is still going on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I wonder... that would have been very interesting if they could shapeshit at will. However I have noticed that when naga become those monstrosities, they do somehow revert to their night elven form, also noticed Queen Azshara's emissaries are all night elven females (if it is a lore thing and they look more like copies.).

I know Azshara can shift at will, I wonder if the naga actually much prefer and like their naga appearances, pretty much like the Eredar Man'ari preferred their twisted engorged visages, and if they could turn at will, they find it inferior. No indication of that at all, just wondering.

Secondly..
    We know that night elves can still turn into Satyr, even against their will

Last I checked the debate was still raging if night elves can still turn into high elves. Did they ever resolve that? Last I checked, when a rogue night elf was caught breaking the ban on the arcane, he was severed from his connections and exiled, becoming a high elf (in appearance at least), we were debating this 11 years ago, but I quit wow for a while , so not sure it got resolrved.

Without the nightwell, night elves can't turn into nightborne.

However there have been no cases of the reverse. Except for Elune turning some satyrs back to night elves. night elf to high elf transitions looks permanent, but as an induced event, it might be possible this is still going on
    Cursed Night Elves in the form of Naga and Satyr cannot just shift back to their Elven state again. Even Azshara doesn't shift, illusion magic.

They made a change to the High Elven lore, so the High Elven were created to serve the Night Elven and their Highbourne, and is not just an evolutionary stage.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I always wrote off her as being a particularly powerful sorceress casting an illusion spell on herself.

An illusion, what is she hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They made a change to the High Elven lore, so the High Elven were created to serve the Night Elven and their Highbourne, and is not just an evolutionary stage.
    First I heard of that.. do you have a source? I think it may have been something they toyed with doing, but never did. Unless you have a source

7+ Year Old Account
    Ummm... what?

Wtf is this

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any of the naga--including Azshara-- can actually revert back to NEs. I assumed all NE forms were illusions they projected, not something they revert to. Similar to dragons and their humanoid forms. The only way for them to revert back would be for their void curse to be purged by equally opposing magic (like the satyr cure).
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

The Naga were permanently mutated, it's not just a transformation where they can revert back to night elf form like Worgen can. The Worgen curse is that, a curse, meaning it's magical in nature while the other is a mutation/evolution. They had to evolve to adapt to living in the deep depths of the ocean. To assume they can change back to night elves is like saying night elves could then potentially turn back into trolls from whom they evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The Naga were permanently mutated, it's not just a transformation where they can revert back to night elf form like Worgen can. The Worgen curse is that, a curse, meaning it's magical in nature while the other is a mutation/evolution. They had to evolve to adapt to living in the deep depths of the ocean. To assume they can change back to night elves is like saying night elves could then potentially turn back into trolls from whom they evolved.
    Well the nightborne is a result of the curse of the nightwell. This was cured via the Arcan'dor, and I haven't seen the Nightborne revert to night elves - unless it just takes time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well the nightborne is a result of the curse of the nightwell. This was cured via the Arcan'dor, and I haven't seen the Nightborne revert to night elves - unless it just takes time.
    It’s not a curse, it’s just environmental pressures changing the elves DNA thus their appearances.

Also it was a magic addiction similar to the ones blood elves had.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why haven't nightelves reverted back into trolls after thousands of years of the well being gone? Why haven't Pandarians reverted back to pandas? Jinyu to murlocs? etc. You seem to only apply things so they fight the argument you want to make regarding night elves rather then interested in serious lore discussions.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-08-14 at 01:33 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

man u are running out of topics for your daily night elf thread huh

There is no curse of the night well, they naturally evolved to better adapt to the energies of the well

10+ Year Old Account
    First I heard of that.. do you have a source? I think it may have been something they toyed with doing, but never did. Unless you have a source
    Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    Ummm... what?

Wtf is this
    Forgot to add, "apparently". I heard this during the Legion content as a discussion topic in many lore chats as to the -as some called it, 'devolving' og the elven race. Think it fell in discussion due to the Nightborne changing to suit their more drastic changes of life.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think the Dragon's humanoid forms are illusions; they are transformation magic instead. Partly because it's a D&D staple for dragons to be able to transform into humans and partly because if it was an illusion, then that means they were physically still there in their dragon form and considering the size difference that would complicate certain things (such as Wyrmrest) a lot
    That's true, I should've been more careful with my words. Dragons use a humanoid form to be more inconspicuous or to not overly intimidate smaller races they're addressing. It's convenient. The Naga such as Azshara may use illusions for a similar purpose, although I doubt they prefer them since naga are so prideful.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a source?

I have never heard of any such thing.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Do you have a source?

I have never heard of any such thing.
    No source other than discussion among people who are more of elf nerds than me. Were talking about how High Elves were formed from the Night Elven society to serve them and them.

Cursed Night Elves in the form of Naga and Satyr cannot just shift back to their Elven state again. Even Azshara doesn't shift, illusion magic.

Hold the FUCK up! They retconned the sunwell exposure changing the outcasts into high elves over generations?

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Hold the FUCK up! They retconned the sunwell exposure changing the outcasts into high elves over generations?
    Was that even the ofifical agent for the change? I wasn't aware the debate had been resolved - because they had said the exile changed them, or kickstarted the change, which happened gradually. by the time Silvermoon is built they've totally changed.

One of the comics illustrated this via artwork - but comic and book artwork is very subjective (often interpretative or placeholders) and not necessarily literal or hard canon presentation. This came from the reportst hat some night elves could still become high elves up to WC3, when exiled and severed from their Well of eternity connection for breaking the ban.

Some of this stuff comes from the rpg books which we know are not canon.

I remember a satyr who with the power of Elune was once again an elf of the night

No, the Nightborne are a slight evolution to Night Elves that occurred over 10,000 years living under a bubble dome steeped in the Nightwell's magic. All the Arcan'dor did was cure them of their addiction/ evolutionary reliance on the Nightwell and therefore turned the Nightfallen back into Nightborne.