Poll: At which level do you think the average "I'm just gonna test out classic" will quit?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd say around 30.
    Retail casuals with no social interaction skills will notice that LFD tool is not going to carry them in dungeons and group quests.

30ish. Levelling slows. Gotta change zones every level or 2. Long distances without a mount. If you can push thru to 40 and get a mount, you will be more likely to succeed imo.

I'd say around 50, because that's when your quests start drying up, and you have to start grinding a lot more. And Vanilla is not like live, so you can pull at most 2 mobs with most classes, and then you need a eating break afterwards. Shit takes time y0! I remember it was quite frustrating back then :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like 20, maybe 30.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I got burned out around 43 back then but this might be because I was leveling as feral. After my 2 to 3 months break I returned and leveled hunter all the way to 60, got into raiding, pulled a mage up to 60 to raid with as alt and fooled around with Paladin and Priest getting them to around 50 before BC came around.
    I believe it depends on the class and people that played back then should know what to expect but nostalgia might not last. We will see but I still had more fun leveling in the stress test than in BfA. I just resubbed and even though I had an 8 months break, leveling in BfA is really draining my energy and is making me sleepy. Wonder if it's the modern "follow the quest marker" gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    By 20 you will know if Classic is for you or not imo. Although the agenda of this thread is pretty obvious and negitive centric.
    Sorry, Did not want to come off as negative.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The mid-way point is about 48 (in terms for absolute number of exp), so I expect many may drop off around then.
    And that's okay.
    The game will not last forever for me either, but I will make it to 60 sooner or later.
    The best part about classic is much like a diablo game everything is established and the best of the best gear will not become devalued over time. This fact alone makes me want to get to the end and fully gear out.

Quote Originally Posted by Canield View Post
    I can tell you when my will to level is really tested, and that is around 40. So 40 is my guess.
    Yeah 35ish to 45 or so is where there's a sudden slog, so if anyone would quit I would guess it'd be at around that point.

If I remember correctly, it will be somewhere between 30-45 lvl. That's when it gets really grindy and expensive. Once you pass 45- you are in the home stretch, I don't think many will quit then. Pre 30 is still in the early phase.

I think the end game will be nice because it will just be the people that enjoy playing classic. Everyone else will get weeded out by the grind at some point.

I don't even think we can properly quantify 'average player'. People who are just trying it out? People still playing to some degree who were around and want the nostalgia trip? People who have been away from WoW for years and are resubbing specifically for Classic? Where does your 'average player' fall on the curve of all these very different groups mashed together into the pool?

Back in the day that 40-50 grind was TERRIBLE. No good quest zones money hard to get and there were times I had to literally grind mobs for exp. It took me over a month to get those 10 lvls due to no interest in playing. That said 50+ to 60 was fun so if you can hack it there are good times ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Whistl3r View Post
    I find it more rewarding the higher your level. I think the early levels with few abilities to the biggest drag.
    Indeed, 1-20 will be annoying af, Would be nice if we could start from lvl 20

Quote Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
    I don't even think we can properly quantify 'average player'. People who are just trying it out? People still playing to some degree who were around and want the nostalgia trip? People who have been away from WoW for years and are resubbing specifically for Classic? Where does your 'average player' fall on the curve of all these very different groups mashed together into the pool?
    When i said "average" i meant those that go in conpletly blind, and might never have even played WoW before or the ones that expect 1-60 to be 5-10 hrs until they notice each level is 5hrs instead

10+ Year Old Account
    People who prefer being a god on earth and always showered with loot will quit in the first few minutes. For those who get past that, it's about whether they like the world and their class. Those who don't will probably quit by 20. I think most of those who get past 20 will eventually hit 60.

Also, 1.12 has enough quests to get all the way to 60. You could follow a guide like Joana's or AllyRoute.

I think about 34-40 max because after this need a lot of grind and need a little search if you are new to game . Most of the new players are lazy as fck this days .

I voted 50, but it's a hard answer.
    You haven't really got anything to "play towards" before 40. At 10 you get your talents, but the next big thing after that is mount, which is at 40.
    If people get the mount, they might make it to 50, and if they make it to 50, they might think "I'm so close! Only 10 more levels!" and cap.
    But 50-60 is an absolute slog! SO I have no idea. Would be really fun to see statistics on this when it happens!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    5x because they didn't plan their leveling zones and have to grind a few levels

If they rolled on a pvp server i would say around lvl 30 after getting killed in stv over and over.
    On pve when running out of quests or when they feel they will never afford to buy a mount because they spent their money unwisely.

But really for retail players, they will lvl to 60 over a long period of time since they just play classic when they are done with what they want to do in retail. Or they will just create a toon a be bored before even hitting 20 and then never try again.

I doubt most will put more than a few days into it. Around 30-40 maybe but a lot of people will likely give up way befor that.