Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Only true gamers play on rp server.
    You mean RP-PVP servers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    But everyone keeps telling me noone wants world pvp and pvp servers

Playing on Mirage Raceway PvE. Simply put, my mates and I who are going back to Classic are all in our mid 30's, are parents and have careers. As much as we all loved PvP servers all those years ago, we're all looking forward to just questing and raiding again without the hours of ganking and distraction.
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So it's about ganking. Thanks. Because if it is about danger to yourself, you can invite it at will. But you also want to gank. Simple as that.
    Ofc. Why would i want the downside without the upside? Im not a masochist :P
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post

And more elitist pricks
    And more undead rogues with teen angst

I still can't decide whether I want to go on a PVP server or not. On one hand the PVP servers provide this extra "layer" pretty much where you can go hunt other players whenever you want and you could secure yourself herbs and ore nodes while farming. On the other hand when the server is heavily faction imbalanced and you are in the minority then it's not really fun to play on these servers.

Usually the more experienced players will most likely go on the PVP server which means to player pools has a better average when it comes down to skill. At the same time there are also a lot more "problematic" people there.

Pretty much all of my characters from the past are on PVP servers. However in BFA I actually had war mode permanently turned off due to how open PVP usually went => being steamrolled by 10+ players...
    This is what an actual Vanilla WoW character looked like after 69 days of playtime:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...olf/resseshold

I think it's cool that they added an additional server. Much needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    PvP on classic = ap + pom +pyro then log out for 3 min.

Also in battlegrounds?

ironically, rolling on pvp servers at launch will be completely fine, the other faction will be mostly too busy leveling too, you won't have any level 60 rogues camping up booty bay, desolace etc the first few weeks, the more someone tries to camp someone else the more they get behind on levels and start becoming the prey instead of hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I ended up getting dragged to the rppvp one because that’s where all my friends are playing. I get the feeling I’ll hate it like I hated it back in Cata.

If it does go tits up for me I’ll have to start again from scratch on the RP-PvE realm... sigh.

PvE or PvP, it's a matter of taste.

Do you chose your safe friend and play some chess at home. Or do you go with your crazy friend and do some crazy shit outside.

I will be chosing a PvP realm for drama.
    The drama's, good and bad, were the best memories from Vanilla. Oef, just thinking about my old mortal enemies and STV times.

All the best players will be on PvP servers. It's the most fun and yes, you are missing on a huge part of the experience if you play PvE, despite what anyone says.

Yes I'm older, no I don't have as much time, yes I'm still going PvP.

well the PVE serers are all showing hig now, so I'm not worried, I'll be perfectly happy on my PVE server

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    All the best players will be on PvP servers. It's the most fun and yes, you are missing on a huge part of the experience if you play PvE, despite what anyone says.

Yes I'm older, no I don't have as much time, yes I'm still going PvP.
    After about 10 years on p-servers i can safely say all i'll miss is corpse runs in black and white world, and that's the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of the reasons why i'm looking forward to playing on Classic PvE realm. Killing other players gives you absolutely nothing (you can farm honor on BGs much more efficiently) and it's only a waste of time for both the ganker and the one being ganked. There are masses of other games where this kind of gameplay is much more rewarding and better balanced than in WoW.

I don't really know what the "huge part of the experience" it is i'll be missing, and i've been playing this game since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    After about 10 years on p-servers i can safely say all i'll miss is corpse runs in black and white world, and that's the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of the reasons why i'm looking forward to playing on Classic PvE realm. Killing other players gives you absolutely nothing (you can farm honor on BGs much more efficiently) and it's only a waste of time for both the ganker and the one being ganked. There are masses of other games where this kind of gameplay is much more rewarding and better balanced than in WoW.

I don't really know what the "huge part of the experience" it is i'll be missing, and i've been playing this game since 2005.
    The feeling of being in a living world which is at war. The feeling that conflict can take place at any moment and when you least expect it. That is what you'll be missing. The essence of WARcraft.

15+ Year Old Account
    PVE server = asking for dead quick no pop raid log server. Dead world, dead game.

PvP/RP-PvP for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    The difference being they didn't claim their assumption was fact. You did, even though you attempted to do so in a condescending manner.
    just because they dont say straight up its a fact doesnt mean they dont think so. they spew the same nonsense on every single classic post. so yeah.

I never really cared much for pvp, I did my rogue alt for pvp and got knight champ (without trying just doing bgs on non-raid days) but my priest was my raiding char, I didn't care for pvp as a healer it was just not interesting to me. I didn't really care much for the whole clusterfuck outside the instance shit. where a raid is held up by ppl jerking each other off outside the instance.

for me if i want to play a game with real pvp ill go play eve online or escape from tarkov or some other game with full loss pvp, not the babies first pvp that this game has. pvp that amounts to basically nothing. it just never really interested me at all. there was no stakes, no rewards no nothing just a team deathmatch for the sake of it. if you're trying to raid and you have limited time the last thing you want is to spend 30 minutes fighting ppl out side the instance, get nothing for it and lose that time off your raid, I'm glad i played on pve because thats what i wanted to spend my time doing. if i wanted to pvp, the bgs were always there, open world pvp has always just been unbalanced, usually ends up being you getting ganked by several dudes rather than an emergent battle between equal numbers.. its not even a good way to farm honor. I don't even like that you can't take ppl out of the fight they can just keep coming back and respawning endlessly.

then you have those times when you're on a pvp server and everyone isn't pvp'ing outside the instance why? because they want to pve. so you see both teams standing right next to each other ignoring each other because they just wanna get into the raid and pve. rather than fight each other endlessly outside the instance for absolutely nothing. pvp can be fun but I need context for it to be interesting to me. to be invested at all. stakes help give it urgency. and meaning. but there are no stakes in wows pvp. i've pretty much exclusively played wow for the pve, i'd rather play pretty much any other game for pvp. all this chest thumping going on and the pvp in this game is doink. (its only good if you're playing an FOTM class or one that is inherently op like a rogue)
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-08-16 at 04:37 PM.