Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

IF Factions Disappear, What Will You Play?

Let's assume the lines are blurred when 9.0 eventually drops and there are no more "factions".

Some speculate that there will still be Horde and Alliance but you can align yourself to one side (think Pandaran). If that's the case what would you play and on what side? For me, I think a Dark Iron Horde side would be awesome. You?

I would have a gnome and a void elf on the horde. I would get so much hate.

Also a Draenei, but I think I wouldn't get as much hate for that, because people are odd.

They don't mean much to me now. They don't mean much to me if they are gone. Pretty much a non-factor to me at this point minus being able to play with everyone at all times.

I think it’s a contradiction to still have Alliance and Horde if you’re supposed not to have factions.

I mean, why would a Gnome or a Human side with the Horde? If there are no factions, they shouldn’t be able to choose any of them regardless.

If they go with no factions route, they should just focus on individual races and bury the Horde and tje Alliance.

They only parts of the Horde that don't bore me to tears are the Tauren, both regular and Highmountain. So I'd have a bunch of Tauren alts. Tauren Shaman and Warrior and Highmountain Druid and Hunter.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

None, not keen on erasing the Horde identity for a more fluid Anduin Story feat. Anduin and Human Friends. Simply cause Blizz thinks this will make their writing better.

Likely hop on City of Titans Alpha (hopefully it releases by that time). Otherwise just go full casual MMO and play FF if I get the need til CoT does open up.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'd keep playing my tauren main with my guildies, who mostly prefer horde.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I would have a gnome and a void elf on the horde. I would get so much hate.
    But I'd also play my gnome alt with same guildies. I can imagine the hate...
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

I would thankfully be playing a void elf on the faction they're supposed to be in: the horde.

Being able to do that would lessen my grief of getting NElfs (nightbourne) to the horde.

night elf druid on horde because alliance sucks so much in pve. i played both side in bfa, alliance was pain in the ass for me.

100% they are implementing something like a "Unity Mode" for PvE content.

The real question is how much are they going to allow us to do together? My guess is LFR and LFG, probably not guilds right away or higher level raiding.

OP if I can pick one race Alliance has that I love it is Worgen and would roll a Worgen Warrior/Rogue in a heartbeat.

I will keep playing my Ren'dorei on whaver side Alleria is on, as she is the one and only ruler of the Ren'dorei.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Well I'd keep playing my tauren main with my guildies, who mostly prefer horde.

But I'd also play my gnome alt with same guildies. I can imagine the hate...
    I think that is the idea, this is going to be a social experiment on discriminatory behavior. I bet it will be studied when it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    100% they are implementing something like a "Unity Mode" for PvE content.

The real question is how much are they going to allow us to do together? My guess is LFR and LFG, probably not guilds right away or higher level raiding.

OP if I can pick one race Alliance has that I love it is Worgen and would roll a Worgen Warrior/Rogue in a heartbeat.
    If it doesn't affect guilds, I am willing to bet that most of us would be unaffected by the faction changes at all, as we will opt too stick with our guildies.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    If it doesn't affect guilds, I am willing to bet that most of us would be unaffected by the faction changes at all, as we will opt too stick with our guildies.
    I think it will happen in phases, or you will make a guild cross faction with no going back, or maybe like guild wars be able to have multiple guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just go the Aldor vs Scryers route and make the Horde and Alliance actual rep factions. You can’t ally with both at once but you can swap back and forth with certain quest routes. Players can still group as long as they’re not at “hostile” rep with the other faction or have warmode on.

Alternatively, every race is its own nation and if you want to be friendly towards a race, you go after rep for their main city. Certain races start friendly with certain cities who they generally get along with, like Nightborne with Silvermoon, Dwarves with Stormwind, etc.

Forsaken with literally nobody cause they’re a bunch of dickheads.

I’d also like to be able to flag certain nations as “at war” like the old days so I can hop on my night elf, be friendly with everyone except forsaken, and then proceed to shit on all forsaken camps and NPCs I come across.

I would stay true to the lore. However, I will alt Horde night elf just for trolling.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

It depends on how this actually works if it happens, and what the benefits and repercussions are.

I don't think this would change anything in my every day gameplay

I'll be still playing Worgen on Alliance side.

Alliance stuffs are pleasant to look at comparing to Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    I will keep playing my Ren'dorei on whaver side Alleria is on, as she is the one and only ruler of the Ren'dorei.
    So when Alleria goes to the Horde , what then ?

or if/when Alleria is killed off , are you gonna jump off the very top of Hightmountain ... then delete your character ?

Honestly, what changes?

Maybe access to tabards and faction-exclusive mounts, but if it's one faction they'll probably have a new tabard/banner in place and I don't think any of it really matters any more anyways.

I kinda rather wish the opposite happened and we had every race do their own thing and just have a loose 'Alliance' with every other race. I want the Night Elves split off on their own again and regain their lost unique 'caste' systems and matriarchal society.