Poll: At which level do you think the average "I'm just gonna test out classic" will quit?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First 10 levels go by like a breeze, 10-20 not quite that well and then it becomes a slog. Around 30 is my guess. Also after 20 is when PVP server players will move to contested areas and the PKing starts.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Around the time they try to get a mount, and aren't playing a pally/warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted 40 but i truly believe the burnout starts 35 and goes through 50ish. That range is literally grind hell, you are constantly going through areas that attract high level players, you lack enough quests to purely quest, the dungeons are some of the worst or some of the most repetitive during that range. If a player makes it to 52, they will make 60 no issue, its getting to that hump that will break people.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I expect some wont make it to 10, others will stop just before 20, I think the big challenge is 40 and beyond for the majority. The questing experience (Alliance) is fluid 'til 40 where the flow starts to break down and you find yourself with fewer quests and longer travel distances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic doesn't strike me as a game people will really "quit" since it is included in their subscription unless they also quit BFA.

I figure many people will dabble, probably go back when there is little to do in BFA, or there's a content drought. They might not ever get invested enough to "quit".

I don't know what the "average player" even is, I imagine its going to be a crowd with pretty diverse expectations from classic; I'll be "all-in" but my friends will just dabble unless BFA pisses them off in which case they have a safety net to play WoW without modern annoyances.
    /s

I voted 20, but for the "I just wasn't too check it out crowd", 20 is a significant time investment.

My overall thought will be 30 - 35. Those were my black hole levels. You go to STV, which is meh, the leveling seems to slow down to a crawl. When you get near 40 you get that mount rush and it seems everything speeds up until about 50, at that point you are invested, you are only a couple levels from real end game dungeons, it's easier at that point.

7+ Year Old Account
    For the avarage people who will just TRY it:

I'm going to say around 45-ish. People probably will want to try get the mount (and unless you're a warlock or paladin, chances are you won't have your mount at 40) - and it's around 48 where you reach the 'halfway mark' of leveling in terms of XP numbers.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    My overall thought will be 30 - 35. Those were my black hole levels. You go to STV, which is meh, the leveling seems to slow down to a crawl. When you get near 40 you get that mount rush and it seems everything speeds up until about 50, at that point you are invested, you are only a couple levels from real end game dungeons, it's easier at that point.
    This is why I voted 30. I remember Desolace, STV and the times it felt difficult to find new quests and get out of my 30's. The 30's could be bleak indeed.

I fully expect at least 25% of the population to puss out before 60. This would be consistent with what I saw back in Vanilla among friends/family. For those on a PvP server STVietnam is going to break a lot of people. I voted 30 as somewhere in the level 30 range is where people will either realize Classic is not for them or just go back to playing League/Fortnite because they don't enjoy the slow pace.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a pretty significant portion of leveling from like 34-45 is where you have to do the STV grind quests and in general be traveling all over the fekin world to different zones because there are not that many yellow quests that gets really slow. I imagine most people will quit once they really get into the thick of STV especially if theyre getting ganked all the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    First "breakpoint" will be late 20s early 30s, next one is around 41/43 when they "still" cant afford a mount, but if they get past both id say its a very good chance they make it to 60 as by then they are invested.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    First "breakpoint" will be late 20s early 30s, next one is around 41/43 when they "still" cant afford a mount, but if they get past both id say its a very good chance they make it to 60 as by then they are invested.
    Back in 2006 i farmed elementals in badlands for stones and then sold those stones until i could afford my mount, i hope the economy allows me to do that again, was good times.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I wonder who the "average" player is. Is he/she even going to try Classic?

Anyways...no idea. I considered myself an "average player" and I not only made it to 60, but also raided eventually 2-3 times a week.
    Actually for Vanilla you would have been above average just by making it to 60. Blizzard stated in the past that 75% of players never even made it to 60.

If you raided 2-3 times a week that puts you in the top 10% or so of all players, so no you decidedly were not average back then.

Classic will be different so really who knows what the average will be.

Always between 40 and 50 it became like walking through molasses in terms of leveling speed. Few if any new abilities to look forward to, more of the same quests, and seemingly forever between levels and still a long long way from 60. If you got your mount at 40 (which is quite a feat if you were leveling fast to have accumulated the 90g required) then the novelty has probably worn off by then.

So I would say that of the players who do not make it to 60, 80-90% will quit between 40 and 50.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey. At which level do you think the average player will get bored/burned out and leave classic? Or do you think every single person who creates a character will get to 60?
    The correct answer is around 7-8. At this point you're out of the very beginning, starting the second area, it gets a bit longer for each level and you realize there's still a while before you can even put your first boring "1% bonus to useless skill" talent point. Your inventory is full all the time, bags cost a fortune and they don't drop. You get quests that asks you to pick up things you don't see on the ground or kill a mob that respawns once every 20 minutes in a place barely described in the quest text.

That's the first real wall where people break. Pass lvl 10 people get on a roll and used to the pace of classic, from there to 60 it's a slow walk but there's not much difference and it gets more interesting as your build shapes up. Sure some people will quit along the way but there is no wall where people drop like flies, that's the 7-8 range.

If you take into consideration the masses that will check it out at launch the average should be very low. Maybe even below 10.

level 8-16. If you make it past this shitty bracket you are hooked

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The mid-way point is about 48 (in terms for absolute number of exp), so I expect many may drop off around then.
    And that's okay.
    The game will not last forever for me either, but I will make it to 60 sooner or later.
    Not true for time to level though, which is more around level 35-40.

I imagine most will quit around 30-35 though, when leveling starts feeling slow and samey.

30-40 i guess.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

It's around 30-40. While you have probably enough quests to level from 1-30 everywhere, after this, there begin the gaps. Stranglethorn begins with 31-33 quests, but quickly the 37 quests begin to pop up with no middle ground. Arathi does simply not have enough quests, and While the big gap can be filled in Desolace... it's Desolace! Who wants to travel to desolace.

But here's the biggest issue: Travel time. At 30 you need to travel to places like Desolace, far away places, while you still have no mount. So long foot marches. The zones begin to are pretty big, quests are not on every corner, and you need to travel very much. Far too much until you hit 40 and hopefully have enough gold to buy your first mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    For the avarage people who will just TRY it:

I'm going to say around 45-ish. People probably will want to try get the mount (and unless you're a warlock or paladin, chances are you won't have your mount at 40) - and it's around 48 where you reach the 'halfway mark' of leveling in terms of XP numbers.
    And that's not exactly true. You are right with the numbers, but you forget that at 40 you can buy your: level 60% faster, available at your local mount-trainer. 30-35 are the biggest weakness of leveling, but even until 39 you are very screwed.