Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I do see it similar to @Theodarzna
    But how could you possibly see future things such as 10-hour workdays being the norm, wages of $2300 per month, house sizes being that of a lunchbox, etc...

I will have children so that I can raise them to be changers of their future.
    That's my point lol, people will be changers of the future and we can't know how good or bad people will be at that. It depends almost entirely on the quality of the effort that people decide to put into it.

Since I do not believe anyone active in politics today will do it.
    Politics is about governance, which I think your assumption is that politicians and government will be the primary problem solver and means of changing the future. Which I think isn't accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean we pay through the nose for things that look like this.

I'm not writing it off, but I probably wouldn't be the first to volunteer trying it.
    I mean, you can catch lobsters it is quite easy by the ocean and crab even more so. Just don't get caught lol.

I personally would eat them if I had to but I find it hard to consider them a main staple.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    But how could you possibly see future things such as 10-hour workdays being the norm, wages of $2300 per month, house sizes being that of a lunchbox, etc...
    You sound like this is some sort of far away and totally unrealistic scenario.
    When I check my last few months, I average between 10 and 12 hours of work per day, my wage is exactly what you just wrote only in €, and house sizes (ok maybe flats) being that of a lunchbox is standard in Asia - while mini houses are becoming more and more popular in the western world.

Is this Poe's law?

That's my point lol, people will be changers of the future and we can't know how good or bad people will be at that. It depends almost entirely on the quality of the effort that people decide to put into it.
    And the trend points towards one certain extreme that not many people will like.

Politics is about governance, which I think your assumption is that politicians and government will be the primary problem solver and means of changing the future. Which I think isn't accurate.
    When meritocracy grabs you by the balls, political change is the only thing that can save you.

I eat crab and lobster, and certain larva have almost the same texture when grilled. Spiders especially taste like shrimp, just got to watch out for the fangs.

So if the price is right I would welcome it with open arms. First I would opt for using insects to feed our livestock though, currently that's forbidden in my country.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Imagine coming home after a 10-hour shift at your soul-destroying service job and 1.45 hr commute in a poorly ventilated sardine cattle-car to your $2,300 per month shared living matchbox accommodation to wolf down your maggot-based burgers. You are single, own nothing, and have only your minecraft server..... T h e F u t u r e.
    And the people will love it. They shall be grateful. Such things can be accomplished if you socially engineer people correctly.

Props for Belle Delphine on your avatar by the way.
    ACCOUNT TERMINATED.

7+ Year Old Account
    When I check my last few months, I average between 10 and 12 hours of work per day, my wage is exactly what you just wrote only in €, and house sizes (ok maybe flats) being that of a lunchbox is standard in Asia - while mini houses are becoming more and more popular in the western world.

Is this Poe's law?

And the trend points towards one certain extreme that not many people will like.
    And? The future has no obligation to remain like the present and it has no obligation to continue a trend. No point in trying to pre-ordain prosperity or doom and gloom.

What is useful is coming up with new ideas, even if they are unorthodox, such as the potential for insect-based agriculture. Which could help solve world hunger. Another interesting idea I saw was growing high protein fungi in big vats.

When meritocracy grabs you by the balls, political change is the only thing that can save you.
    Hmm, I don't know what this means.

Zapadnjaci generalno nemaju pojma što ih čeka u budućnosti. Sanjaju svoje idealističke snove dok ih vlastita elita guzi na sve moguće i nemoguće načine.
    ACCOUNT TERMINATED.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodenbog View Post
    Zapadnjaci generalno nemaju pojma što ih čeka u budućnosti. Sanjaju svoje idealističke snove dok ih vlastita elita guzi na sve moguće i nemoguće načine.
    The elites are controlling us Westerners, doom lies ahead, blah blah blah...

And? The future has no obligation to remain like the present and it has no obligation to continue a trend. No point in trying to pre-ordain prosperity or doom and gloom.

What is useful is coming up with new ideas, even if they are unorthodox, such as the potential for insect-based agriculture. Which could help solve world hunger. Another interesting idea I saw was growing high protein fungi in big vats.
    Don't contradict yourself. If you really believe what you say, your stance should be that your version is just as unlikely as mine. Any further discussion is moot, because your world hunger ending solution could end up in a monopoly of one single corporation that now dictates how the world works.

Hmm, I don't know what this means.
    Exactly what I said above.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't contradict yourself. If you really believe what you say, your stance should be that your version is just as unlikely as mine.
    I don't have a "version".

Any further discussion is moot, because your world hunger ending solution could end up in a monopoly of one single corporation that now dictates how the world works.
    Are you seriously saying further discussion is moot because of a hypothetical scenario.

Exactly what I said above.
    I'm saying I don't understand how meritocracy relates to any of this.

I'll answer on English just to avoid that nasty infraction.

My thoughts are the same as yours. The major problem is that ultimately the people who rule over us are essentially always the same. It's a bourjois network (actually even that is nothing compared to the ruling elite) of people like the Thyssen clan, the Rapp family, Merckle group.... They employ us. They sell all the goods we need to us. They bribe the pol- I mean they have lobbyists to even move the legal instances to their favor. And every country has these people.

In the past, we've not seen an increase of young people being now able to buy houses earlier than their parents. If anything, we have children later, earn less money at the beginning of our employment, we pay more rent in comparison to our salaries and available living space has decreased in those areas that have a high density of employment opportunities.

Theodarzna's future is our current development taken to the extreme, because you cannot own anything anymore when the very few on the top own everything.

The only way out of this, which I can see, are

1) massive revolts and another revolution
    2) iron politicians who are immune to corruption and actually ​care for the average population to make them prosper stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have a "version".
    You seem to have one though.

Are you seriously saying further discussion is moot because of a hypothetical scenario.
    You're kinda the one making it moot because your only argument is that the future is uncertain and nothing is set in stone, but I have yet to see any arguments based in reality that support that.

I'm saying I don't understand how meritocracy relates to any of this.
    The first person to solve world hunger will rule the world. That person, and those who have been enabled enough to be close to that person.

Those who are not fortunate enough will chugg down their maggot burgers in their high rent rest chambers. How is this anything else but meritocracy?

7+ Year Old Account

But we already have the best system which is liberal democracy.

Also did you mean violent revolution or 100% peaceful? (shame on you, if violent.)

You're kinda the one making it moot because your only argument is that the future is uncertain and nothing is set in stone, but I have yet to see any arguments based in reality that support that.
    Of course the future is uncertain and unpredictable in principle. Unless of course you believe in some kind of nonsense like destiny, fate, or "god's plan".

The first person to solve world hunger will rule the world. That person, and those who have been enabled enough to be close to that person.
    No, solving world hunger wouldn't mean that person rules the world. Also you are assuming there wouldn't be more than 1 organization that is competing via cost or quality.

Those who are not fortunate enough will chugg down their maggot burgers in their high rent rest chambers. How is this anything else but meritocracy?
    I mean if the people who are starving in the world right now could choose between death or an insect burger then i'm sure the insect burger is better.

But we already have the best system which is liberal democracy.

Also did you mean violent revolution or 100% peaceful? (shame on you, if violent.)
    Violent. Peaceful protests don't move shit nowadays. And my argument is that we really have a hybrid between two systems. The liberal democracy and meritocracy. However, I feel like we're moving more and more towards the latter.

Of course the future is uncertain and unpredictable in principle. Unless of course you believe in some kind of nonsense like destiny, fate, or "god's plan".
    That's logical.

No, solving world hunger wouldn't mean that person rules the world. Also you are assuming there wouldn't be multiple organizations who are competing via cost or quality.
    Of course they would. They'd sell their shit at a certain price to literally most of the world, and the rest would soon follow suite. That price might even be cheap but when literally all of the world is your customer, you rule the world. Since time to market is pretty much the key factor for "literally solving world hunger", countries edging on starvation won't wait for too long and buy from whomever comes first.

This is happening today already, or did you not notice Google and Facebook? Who is Googles competition? If you have to Google that first, you don't understand the joke.

I mean if the people who are starving in the world right now can choose between death or an insect burger then i'm sure the insect burger is better.
    Yes? I do not disagree with that in principle. What I say is that what you might see as a good Utopian future might just as well come from a very dystopian scenario.
    The rich elite still eats that tasty Kobe beef, but you gotta eat maggots bro.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2019-08-14 at 09:16 PM.

I'll answer on English just to avoid that nasty infraction.

My thoughts are the same as yours. The major problem is that ultimately the people who rule over us are essentially always the same. It's a bourjois network (actually even that is nothing compared to the ruling elite) of people like the Thyssen clan, the Rapp family, Merckle group.... They employ us. They sell all the goods we need to us. They bribe the pol- I mean they have lobbyists to even move the legal instances to their favor. And every country has these people.

In the past, we've not seen an increase of young people being now able to buy houses earlier than their parents. If anything, we have children later, earn less money at the beginning of our employment, we pay more rent in comparison to our salaries and available living space has decreased in those areas that have a high density of employment opportunities.

Theodarzna's future is our current development taken to the extreme, because you cannot own anything anymore when the very few on the top own everything.

2) iron politicians who are immune to corruption and actually ​care for the average population to make them prosper stronger.
    Her vision of the future of the world is nothing more than current dominant ideology of the West finally reaching its inevitable logical conclusion.

Revolution is fundamentally impossible in this modern era. Technology has granted the ruling class a God like power over the masses. Yugoslav Communist Party came to this same conclusion in the 80s. They knew that there would be no more uprisings and no more revolutions. Likewise, agents of the UDBA, for all their sins, were highly intelligent men who heard the "footsteps of history". There is a reason why Josip Perković said that neofeudalism was the future.
    ACCOUNT TERMINATED.

No, solving world hunger wouldn't mean that person rules the world..
    Dude world hunger is solved, we as a species are able to prduce enough to feed even twice our numbers. We just don't care enough to redistribute resources.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Dude world hunger is solved, we as a species are able to prduce enough to feed even twice our numbers. We just don't care enough to redistribute resources.
    I would agree that world hunger is 99% solved. Nobody dies of starvation in the West, the amount in third world countries has dropped lower and lower. As for distribution every country should have some kind of food stamp program to make sure everyone gets their calories and micronutrients.

Her vision of the future of the world is nothing more than current dominant ideology of the West finally reaching its inevitable logical conclusion.

Revolution is fundamentally impossible in this modern era. Technology has granted the ruling class a God like power over the masses. Yugoslav Communist Party came to this same conclusion in the 80s. They knew that there would be no more uprisings and no more revolutions. Likewise, agents of the UDBA, for all their sins, were highly intelligent men who heard the "footsteps of history". There is a reason why Josip Perković said that neofeudalism was the future.
    I trust in our AI overlord who will make sure mankind departs into a new age of prosperity, well being and creative freedom.

I'd rather be a slave to a non feeling entity that truly only cares for certain metrics to increase, than being a slave to guy who just wants more money. And more money. And more money.

In that sense, I don't like neofeudalism. I hate being governed by corporations but lol what can you do, am I right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Violent. Peaceful protests don't move shit nowadays. And my argument is that we really have a hybrid between two systems. The liberal democracy and meritocracy. However, I feel like we're moving more and more towards the latter.
    lol wtf, you must be insane to think violent revolution can lead to prosperity.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    And the people will love it. They shall be grateful. Such things can be accomplished if you socially engineer people correctly.

Props for Belle Delphine on your avatar by the way.
    Our true Lord and Kween, blessed be thy memes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it taste good?

If so, who cares?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.