Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    Alliance vs HORDE was the most stupid concept ever made.
    Even Sylvanas on BfA intro states that.
    It all started as a shameless Warhammer ripoff in WC1 and 2, but it seemed to improve a lot in WC3 - which as a matter of fact killed the old Alliance AND the old Horde for good. Even in early WoW, AvH was barely more than a story pretext for PvP and it remained so until WotLK. Ever since then, AvH has been hamfisted into the story no matter the cost, and the results have been worse and worse on time (imo).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Problem that if their addiction cured "arcane cravings" why they even use external source of magic like Sunwell.
    Now they have a chance to say "We proud race and will use our own magic,train our bodies to become stronger,never again we would not fall to addiction nor use external source of magic", instead we see "We gonna use Sunwell like pathetic kids who cant learn their lesson, and wait untill someone would once again corrupt said Sunwell and cry again after that"

People who has power and motive to corrupt Sunwell: Sylvans (if she evil), Alleria (if void gonna overtake her).

<<Addicted once, addict for life>> Yeah boy,give me a bit of that sunwell, just a tip.
    Hmm interesting point. I remember a comment being made when the Sunwell was restored, that they couldn't walk away from the arcane.

but I did write a piece on it not being such a bad thing. If addiction could be prevented or avoided, it was definitely worth having the source around and using it. the benefits are incredible. At least in the Warcraft.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Problem that if their addiction cured "arcane cravings" why they even use external source of magic like Sunwell.
    Now they have a chance to say "We proud race and will use our own magic,train our bodies to become stronger,never again we would not fall to addiction nor use external source of magic", instead we see "We gonna use Sunwell like pathetic kids who cant learn their lesson, and wait untill someone would once again corrupt said Sunwell and cry again after that"

People who has power and motive to corrupt Sunwell: Sylvans (if she evil), Alleria (if void gonna overtake her).

<<Addicted once, addict for life>> Yeah boy,give me a bit of that sunwell, just a tip.
    I'm not sure if they can even help it. There were elves who were rangers and weren't reliant on magic whatsoever and got withdrawals just by living near it. And they did disperse the Sunwell and found that it was better off in their hands (Anveena fiasco). The Sunwell could be considered a burden for the BEs as well, since they have to be responsible for it at all times. Simply 'getting rid of it' didn't work, even with the help of dragons.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I'm not sure if they can even help it. There were elves who were rangers and weren't reliant on magic whatsoever and got withdrawals just by living near it. And they did disperse the Sunwell and found that it was better off in their hands (Anveena fiasco). The Sunwell could be considered a burden for the BEs as well, since they have to be responsible for it at all times. Simply 'getting rid of it' didn't work, even with the help of dragons.
    The best theory I had on this was that in going from night elf to high elf, the high elves lost a little innate/natural capacity to handle magic, but no reduction in desire or appetite. Where previously their night elf forms could have handled without addiction the suffusing of the sunwell, the high elven form being more fragile is more susceptible to addiction with the levels of arcane radiation from the wells.

it's based on the knowledge that in becoming high elven, this group lost the greater features of the original which was designed from the arcane, and so would have had a natural higher threshold and capacity to wield. But as we know desire for something can greatly exceed your ability to handle it. The night elves had huge appetiteds and drunk deep, freely and recklessly, got addicted. Main society weaned of their addiction, and when the high elves got exiled, they would not make the same mistakes of the night elven arcane society, they'd be more responsible, now aware of addiction issues and summoning legion, and would be more careful. Which they were.. only no one thought to account for their bodies not being able to carry or hold arcane as efficiently as it once had when they were night elves. The high elves lost a measure of the intellect/strength/stature/longevity & purple skin afforded by the innate natural state of the night elf, afforded from their creation by the Well of eternity, This was lost to Darth'remar's group on exile when they transitioned to high elves, and linking to the Sunwell while restoring some enhancements especially an arcane boost to intelligence that arcane wielders can afford as well as the natural intelligence amplification an arcnae source provides - they didn't realise their reduced bodies would need less to get addicted. So while they stayed within the threshold to avoid addiction (if they were night elves) , they didn't for their new form, and because there society was more controlled, this was more subtle and only apparent in the absence of the sunwell.
    Last edited by Mace; 2019-08-15 at 03:17 AM.